Connection Error - Connection Failure: unable to connect to the PVP.net Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MistaSmexy

05-11-2011

I have the same probleme and i think its because of the new patcher. I have been having all kinds of trumble ever sens its been on

groven117

05-11-2011

Same problem as well and Riot refuses to accept it is on their end, as they will only respond with check your internet connection, which I have and it still isn't fixed at all

Kakill

05-11-2011

I've been on queue for a normal match for like, forever... i have the screen for a 20 minutes queue that didnt even start :S

00skittlzz00

05-13-2011

Same problem. all ports open, internet connection fine, tried all suggestions and nothing. Honestly guys i know ur short staffed but how many programmers DOES it take to screw in a light bulb...? if u cant even get the game to work, take it down and fix it. if u can, then do it, this many people having issues means its not us...... its not just us loosing ot its you too. come ON guys. find the problem already.. please..

Sequ

05-14-2011

I've DCed from 3 games already because i "cannot connect to the PVP.net server" in the middle of the game. This is really starting to get annoying because i've lost 2/3 of the games i DCed because of this problem. My game used to run fine for hours before the recent couple of patches, but now i DC 2-3 times a day because of a connectivity issue. I have all of the necessary ports opened, but nothing seems to be fixing the issue permanently. If i let my computer rest for 20-30 minutes, it lets me connect like normal, but then after a game or 2, i get DCed again. Fix this please -.- I'm tired of constantly worrying about disconnecting in the middle of a game and causing my team to lose. On top of that, I don't even receive a 'Loss Forgiven' result for the game, it either just says i leave, or if I'm fortunate enough to reconnect before the game ends ( which usually results in a loss), I just get a regular 'Defeat', which is pretty lame. Lots of people have been having this problem, but there's no definite solution anywhere on the internet as far as I've searched. If this isn't fixed soon, i might just have to stop playing League of Legends, because I can't keep ruining the game for my teammates.

Sequ

05-17-2011

My netalyzr results:
http://n4.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...4726-49a7-a0c3

SCMessiah

06-06-2011

I also have this problem, started a few days ago (not that connectivity was great before that).

I have a great connection and have no problem playing the much more bandwidth-intensive Starcraft 2.

I also have a great ping in the game (always around 20-25, I live in LA not far from Riot - in fact, my company occupies the same building at 2450 Broadway ;-p), my connection is fine, and I have tried using both my ISPs default DNS and Google DNS.

Nekronata

06-07-2011

I also have "connectivity" issues. Its reconnecting to the PVP.net every 20-60 seconds.

Every time that happens, one of my CPU Cores goes shortly to 100% and the Client is unresponsive for 2-3 Seconds.
Its ridiculus, since my CPUs (yes 2 Xeon 5520 -.-) are 100% stable overclocked to 4.1 GHz. Also I don't have any problems in game or to any other Internet Server (even to Chinese Servers -.-). PVP.net is the only thing on my computer, having "problems" with my Internet.

I also set my router to work the PVP.net data in real time (priority) witch actually only made it worse.

For the disconnects it dosen't mater at all, if I stream movies or nothing other Internet usage at all. Same for deactivating firewalls and such.
On a new Windows 7 install its the same (all installed new to test).

Teniqua

06-07-2011

ditto

Red Bart

06-08-2011

Here's maybe the solution :
1. deactivate IPv6 on your local connection settings
2. Uninstall pando media booster

Give a Try ! Hope it works