"RIP Soraka" She isn't getting Nerfed Crybabys

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syvenon

08-24-2011

Well now that all that is over, I'd like to actually start some discussion.

I personally like to soraka and sona as mainly heals, and I feel like the changes (i'm not saying nerfs or buffs because depending on ones opinion it could be either) are heading in the right direction. You have to admit that playing soraka and sona is BORING. Now when playing those characters people can actually participate in fights more than just w. click. wait. w. click. wait...

Taryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvenon View Post
You have to admit that playing soraka and sona is BORING. Now when playing those characters people can actually participate in fights more than just w. click. wait. w. click. wait...

Most gameplay within League of Legends, regardless of what champion you're using, involves clicking and pressing buttons to utilize abilities. I don't find supporting any more boring than playing any other champion -- in fact, I find it much more engaging, especially compared to attack damage characters like Master Right-Click.

Melting faces is incredibly gratifying, but not nearly as much as is being the reason your team wins group fights. To me, a perfectly-timed Eye of the Storm or just-barely-in-time Aria of Perseverance is plenty 'active' and isn't boring at all. I only play support champions, and find it to be much more fun and engaging than carrying or tanking.

Call me crazy, but I enjoy myself much more when I know I was the reason my teammates managed to get that ace, thanks to a well-placed Howling Gale or an absolutely fabulous Dazzle.

My point being, regardless of the role you're playing in League of Legends, I don't really find it boring, especially when things get hectic... and that's where the level-headed, patient support players shine the most.

Syvenon

08-24-2011

That is true with most supports, but Soraka especially is just healing people with w whenever it comes off cd, sometimes giving people some mana with e, but mostly just using w whenever you can. It's helpful, but I like when I'm playing a character and get into a fight and start spamming buttons madly haha.

TexasPwnsAll

08-24-2011

Quote:
That is true with most supports, but Soraka especially is just healing people with w whenever it comes off cd, sometimes giving people some mana with e, but mostly just using w whenever you can. It's helpful, but I like when I'm playing a character and get into a fight and start spamming buttons madly haha.
Then support is not right for you. Play carry or melee dps.

"Most gameplay within League of Legends, regardless of what champion you're using, involves clicking and pressing buttons to utilize abilities. I don't find supporting any more boring than playing any other champion -- in fact, I find it much more engaging, especially compared to attack damage characters like Master Right-Click.

Melting faces is incredibly gratifying, but not nearly as much as is being the reason your team wins group fights. To me, a perfectly-timed Eye of the Storm or just-barely-in-time Aria of Perseverance is plenty 'active' and isn't boring at all. I only play support champions, and find it to be much more fun and engaging than carrying or tanking.

Call me crazy, but I enjoy myself much more when I know I was the reason my teammates managed to get that ace, thanks to a well-placed Howling Gale or an absolutely fabulous Dazzle.

My point being, regardless of the role you're playing in League of Legends, I don't really find it boring, especially when things get hectic... and that's where the level-headed, patient support players shine the most."
Exactly Taryn. Couldn't said it better myself. But Riot has a hard-on for active and mad PvP instead of grinding and smart teamplay.

Taryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-24-2011

Quote:
Which is exactly why they made Astral Blessing two-parts Armor buff and one-part heal, to eliminate mindless spamming and promote strategy and well-timed casts.

Burning a Turtle

08-24-2011

I find it boring when I got no clue how to play a champion and just feeds. Or I find it boring when I know how to play a champion but I am just plain bad at it and just feeds. Either or, those are the real scenarios when I find it boring.

Putting that together, I do find Soraka and Sona boring because I get too aggressive and well not really suited for those type of roles. I'm not quite sure about Sona but for Soraka, I find it very... hard to be a good one. You need to know when to be "bait", when to stay back, who to heal first (the dying tank or the carry that is almost dead but escaping perfectly fine...), when to get in range to silence, etc etc. Soraka also need really good map awareness. It can often be +1 kills vs +1 deaths during the laning phase with her Ultimate. Perhaps its repetitive but I don't think you'll be free enough to find it boring.