The Fiery World of the Sunfire

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kushmeyer2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

05-15-2010

**** this is epic.
You should try Phantom Dancer spam, it's pretty cool too.

Ytinasni

05-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
**** this is epic.
You should try Phantom Dancer spam, it's pretty cool too.

that completely rekts melee teams is pretty fantastic.

Cheems

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2010

I think it works early-mid game too because of the amount of AoE they have. Just look at it, all their heroes have a DoT AoE, Nasus with his Spirit Fire and ultimate, Rammus with his Tremors, Morgana with her Soul Shackles and stun. What's more with even one Sunfire Cape you become a ***** to kill, can you imagine if you have 5?

Jechs

05-15-2010

Basically early game we would grief a little bit because they hadn't built dps items yet, and could hold their own. The time between level 1 and getting the first Giant's Belt is the hardest, and it's when we had to switch to D and Fortify a lot.

After I (Shen) got 6 we got a little more leeway to do things, as our Garen would start diving for some kills and I could just bubble him. Once we start getting Sunfire's we demolish team fights.

And it really does work because of the team comp. If we didn't have two taunts and Wither it would be a different story. But that's why casters don't counter it hard enough. A flash --> dash taunt from Shen initiates and ends any caster.

P.S. Killing minion waves as we run by to chase champions is priceless.

Edit: Also, Morgana did some work in team fights with shackles to trap for a taunt, and her ult.

Truce

05-15-2010

yea we did 3 games like this and mundo does the most damage by far lol everybody averaged 150k damage done mundo did 250k also mord is still a ***** to fight against

thepope

05-15-2010

Mundo go where he pleases!

Cheems

05-15-2010

I'm confused though, a 5 man premade would cause the Matchmaking to bump your team to fight super-high-elo players. Are they really that bad that they couldn't stop this strategy or is this strategy the new promote-push-tactic (they removed Promote for 6 months already because of how imbalanced it was).

thepope

05-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheems View Post
I'm confused though, a 5 man premade would cause the Matchmaking to bump your team to fight super-high-elo players. Are they really that bad that they couldn't stop this strategy or is this strategy the new promote-push-tactic (they removed Promote for 6 months already because of how imbalanced it was).

I'm glad to see that we were only fighting inept players and that any of you could have countered us without a problem.

Cheems

05-15-2010

No. I'm sorry. I should phrased it properly, I don't mean any offence to you and your team for pulling off a win with this interesting strategy.

What I meant was really, have you guys stumbled across a new, awesome tactic that will be the cause of concern for the Riot balancing team anytime soon? Also, I'm wondering what would happen if you were matched with a team that had the exact same strategy against you guys?

thepope

05-15-2010

While we did it we asked each other how long it would take for riot to fix it. And as for a fight against the same strat it would all come down to disables and coordination, because those are the main things that this is based off not the cloaks.

123456 ... 8