Surrendering in Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reznorist

08-29-2011

I hope you can 30 seconds in.

OutlawClyde

08-30-2011

I'll vote for a no surrender, its gunna be short enough as it is and with alittle team work games can be turned around quite easily it seems

1nOnlySmashem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

Surrendering may not be needed. However, there are those few out there that have malevolent thoughts and will do anything to torture other players. Let me put a scenario out there.

Team 1 takes 3 bases Team 2 takes 2 bases. A player of Team 1 disconnects. Team 2 is then able to control the entire map but chooses not to take a 3rd base for a while and spawn camps instead. Only after a while of spawn camping do they go back and take one more base in order to ensure a victory, but not all 5 so as to make it slow and agonizing.

Keep this in mind before you don't consider surrendering viable on Dominion. I'm sure it would not be necessary very often but you never know and wouldn't want to be in the position of Team 1 as described above.

Janna Mechanics

08-30-2011

Only have the surrender option available if somebody on your team disconnects.

Would that be a fair compromise?

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

It would be nice if there was an automatic surrender vote activated if (AND ONLY IF) you have someone disconnected for 1 minute. This at any point in the game, to include having it pop up at 1:30 because of an almost instant DC after loading.

No player initiated surrender vote possible, and if that vote fails, you are left to play the remainder of the game.

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I believe I set the surrender timer at 14 minutes to still leave the option for people who had someone on their team disconnect. If you guys think it'd overall be better to not allow surrender at all I can just remove it entirely though.
Unbiased poll on if you want a surrender option or not here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1172646 Cast your votes people!

KnightCheckmate

08-30-2011

keep surrender but put it out at a point like 25min so the only time it would ever be used is in a game where the other team is in fact trolling and trying to prolong the game.

KrYoS

08-30-2011

Quote:
I believe I set the surrender timer at 14 minutes to still leave the option for people who had someone on their team disconnect. If you guys think it'd overall be better to not allow surrender at all I can just remove it entirely though.
How about you release it, let us test, then we'll give you a better answer

dalzara

08-30-2011

Quote:
Given how it is setup I am not sure it would really matter if there is a surrender option or not. Giving up and just not capping nodes would end the game rapidly if your team just wants to give up and lose.

TheEndersGame

08-30-2011

Playing 4v5s on Summoner's Rift is one of the most painful experiences in LoL. Having to wait 20 minutes to surrender is very painful, and having to play down one player in any scenario is just awful. I think that not only should there be a surrender button because of this, but that it should be way faster if there is a d/c. I've had games where one person d/cs and then it causes multiple other people to d/c, resulting in a 2v5 by the 16 minute mark. I would love an option implemented such that I would be able to move on from those games much quicker, since LoL is kind of a time commitment.

There's also teams where nobody agrees on anything, people are saying rude things to each other, people ignore other people, and then nobody plays as a team. I shouldn't be stuck with people like that for a full 20 minutes. I'd like to be able to move on with my life. This will apply less so in dominion, since the games are shorter, but I would like to be able to move on from a game quicker than the max game time in both cases.