Surrendering in Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tulki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

Enemy team's winning, decides to start trolling. Forces all of your team to be stuck at your base. Enemy team allows your minions to push their capture points, forcing them into neutral states.

How can the enemy team be winning and also "letting" your minions push theirs? If you're winning, your minions will be as numerous or more than the enemies, so they'll either defend the greater number of points or push harder to claim more territory...

I guess it's possible if the score is 2-2 and 1 neutral point though. Don't champion kills also damage the enemy nexus though? So camping would also speed up the victory...

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I believe I set the surrender timer at 14 minutes to still leave the option for people who had someone on their team disconnect. If you guys think it'd overall be better to not allow surrender at all I can just remove it entirely though.
Please do.

If someone doesn't have the time for a 15-25 minute game they shouldn't play anyway.
Dominion is way too short, and the tables can turn at last second, as Riot has already stated, which would lead to the idea surrendering isn't an option in Dominion.

Fox P McCloud

08-29-2011

Quote:
I believe I set the surrender timer at 14 minutes to still leave the option for people who had someone on their team disconnect. If you guys think it'd overall be better to not allow surrender at all I can just remove it entirely though.
how about make the surrender at 10 minutes (or higher), but only if someone DCs?

Charcoales

08-29-2011

No surrendering because game will end in 10 minutes anyway if you're getting rolled.

Naziru

08-29-2011

I vote for no surrender.

Naziru

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
Wanna' know what will happen with no surrender?

Enemy team's winning, decides to start trolling. Forces all of your team to be stuck at your base. Enemy team allows your minions to push their capture points, forcing them into neutral states. All capture points are neutral, now both nexuses are not taking any damage now. They routinely go around the map keeping all minions even so that no capture point will be taken. You're forced to stay back in your base and immediately die if you leave. Enemy team continues this for as long as please, hours if they want, just to troll you and make you suffer. You can't do anything about it because you have two leavers, and a third just left.

Keep surrendering in.
I would just like to point out that since there is no deny mechanic there is no physical way to stop your own minions from pushing making this situation impossible. Next time you play a game at summoners rift just watch the minions, at first they will start evenly matched until for some reason one side has one or two from a wave survive and they quickly build into a large mass as they push down the map. The same thing would happen in dominion.

jadelink

08-29-2011

I am also for a no surrender, or at least a no surrender unless there are leavers option. Some people lose first blood and start crying for surrender at 20 as it is. With the possiblity for turnaround this mode has, it seems a pity to waste its potential.

Mind you, leavers/afkers wreck that. I would quite frankly love a 15 minute or less surrender option for SR if your side has more leavers than theirs. It would seriously cut the grief.

StretchyStretch

08-29-2011

Quote:
Please remove it entirely. If someone disconnects or leaves, how much longer than 14 mins can a game go?

Godly Tibs

08-29-2011

Quote:
please no surrendering, im sure its still possible to win 4vs5? itd just be harder. im sure others have won 4vs5 on SR just takes more coordination and focus.

least favorite thing is when things aren't going exactly perfect people will say gg, surrender at 20. drives me nuts haha

Xelnath

Systems Designer

08-29-2011

Surrendering is a necessary evil to handle edge cases. Removing it would just make those edge cases far worse.