Surrendering in Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenyn

08-29-2011

So basically you're robbing your whole team of IP and the enemy team... I understand putting a surrender system in LoL in general if 1 or more people d/c, but especially in Dominion, it's a 20 min game... if you don't have the patience to wait that out, then you shouldn't be playing this game at all

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I believe I set the surrender timer at 14 minutes to still leave the option for people who had someone on their team disconnect. If you guys think it'd overall be better to not allow surrender at all I can just remove it entirely though.
or allowing surrender earlier if there are leavers

do that for summoner's rift too

Skedar

08-29-2011

Quote:
I believe I set the surrender timer at 14 minutes to still leave the option for people who had someone on their team disconnect. If you guys think it'd overall be better to not allow surrender at all I can just remove it entirely though.
Yes please.

SMP Loops

08-29-2011

Remove it. Not needed in a n around 20 minute game. Its no huge time investment.

Fiddlesnarfx

08-29-2011

Quote:
Oh no, I'd much rather fight a 4or3v5 whenever your servers decide to... well be Riot servers.

Phyrexia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

Keep the ability to surrender. There is more harm to be done by removing choices then keeping existing ones.

Tulki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

There's really no point in having a surrender option for Dominion. 20 minute matches are short enough, and it's not like you can really encourage a long stalemate either just because of how the point system works. The match will inevitably end, and if the teams really are that lopsided, they'll end even faster because you don't have to build yourself up until you're powerful enough to blast the towers.

Jadarok

08-29-2011

I would rather see the option taken out of Crystal Scar. Not only is the average game shorter than the surrender time in Summoner's, but I think this game mode has a much bigger chance of a comeback than Summoner's (at least appears so). Lets remove it first, make people realize you can turn this game around. (Too many negative "Surrender at 20!" players already) If it becomes a big issue for some reason (don't see how), surrender at 14min seems reasonable.

Leaving set to 14 because of a leaver seems silly anyway. Won't the game be over even faster with not enough players to hold all your points anyways?

Skizoke

08-29-2011

I wish surrendering had to be unanimous.

RealMithron

08-29-2011

Wanna' know what will happen with no surrender?

Enemy team's winning, decides to start trolling. Forces all of your team to be stuck at your base. Enemy team allows your minions to push their capture points, forcing them into neutral states. All capture points are neutral, now both nexuses are not taking any damage now. They routinely go around the map keeping all minions even so that no capture point will be taken. You're forced to stay back in your base and immediately die if you leave. Enemy team continues this for as long as please, hours if they want, just to troll you and make you suffer. You can't do anything about it because you have two leavers, and a third just left.

Keep surrendering in.