Surrendering in Dominion

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xtreme217

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-29-2011

I personally feel that surrendering isn't needed in Dominion. If a team truely wants to "surrender", they can just the enemy team cap all 5 points. Although, the bad side the this is that someone can just have poor sportmanship and sit at the fountain after they think the game is lost, but hopefully that wont happen too often.

But I feel like surrendering would take away any chance of a team attempting to come back from a 400-200 situation, because I know it can be done.

Titan Tactics

08-29-2011

Remove it entirely?, if they had someone disconnect then the other team would of dominated to the point of winning by like 15 min?..

LethalityVoX

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brackhar View Post
i believe i set the surrender timer at 14 minutes to still leave the option for people who had someone on their team disconnect. if you guys think it'd overall be better to not allow surrender at all i can just remove it entirely though.
yes! Do that!

Jehuty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I believe I set the surrender timer at 14 minutes to still leave the option for people who had someone on their team disconnect. If you guys think it'd overall be better to not allow surrender at all I can just remove it entirely though.
I think it would be better without surrender. but obviously i havent played the game.. so i really cant say for sure.

Aurous One

08-29-2011

Probably better without the surrender option considering how easy it is to make a comeback.

RealMithron

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookDontTouch View Post
You don't need a surrender. If you can stay in Summoner's Rift for 20 minutes you can stay in Dominion for 20 minutes. Simple as that.
It should be shorter in SR, too.

Quote:
I believe I set the surrender timer at 14 minutes to still leave the option for people who had someone on their team disconnect. If you guys think it'd overall be better to not allow surrender at all I can just remove it entirely though.
It should be 5 or 10 minutes. Especially if you had someone disconnect, no one wants to deal with that feeling of inevitable loss. They want to move on to a less BS match.

I don't care how many down votes this gets, listen to me. Don't force us into playing if we don't want to be playing. It already takes 4 yes votes to surrender, that's 4 people that must agree to surrender before it'll happen. That one person's vote isn't important enough to outweigh 4 others. It might even be that one person's fault we lost anyway. You already make it where we can't leave or AFK else we get banned, don't force us to stay even longer just because you think surrendering is bad in a team game where you can only win if your team isn't bad at the game.

I don't care how easy it is to make comebacks in Dominion. Some of us are smart enough to know our team will not be good enough to achieve it, despite it being so easy. And since your own individual skill means nothing in this game, why force us to be tortured for the next 20 mins just because our team is awful? Don't put us through that, give us surrender option. They already have to click yes 4 times. It's bad enough you gave us a loss for their faults, might as well let us move on to a better team quicker.

Demonic Ritual

08-29-2011

I guess one problem with there not being surrendering is that the other team (who's obviously winning) could decide to troll the other team by keeping the game at 2 vs 2 capture points and leave the last one uncaptured and defend that just to draw out the game.

I definitely wouldn't want a really early surrender though, that could just get annoying.

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

08-29-2011

Yea, keep surrender in. As stated a few posts above, if people DC, you dont want to be forced to sit there for inevitable loss.

Zielmann

08-29-2011

I would say introduce it without surrender enabled, under the assumption that a team who wants to surrender can just stand at their base and watch their nexus health tick down. If this proves to take too long when teams have a leaver or disconnect, then re-enable the surrender?

Would it be possible to only enable the surrender function if there's a leaver or disconnect?

I like the idea of not having the surrender to just further push the whole 'it could turn around at any time' aspect of Dominion.

Maya Fey

08-29-2011

Quote:
Surrendering shouldn't be strictly related to time, IMO.

I'd love a pause/remake feature or a surrender option that gets enabled when you have afk players or someone that dc'd.

Same thing for Summoner's Rift. It's pretty disappointing to get into a game that already starts 4v5 and you'll have to wait 20 minutes for your impending doom.

Instead of making it 14 minutes because of DC's you should just make surrendering on Dominion exclusive to when one team has less players than the other.

Also, kick feature to kick dc'd players and a way to turn yourself into an observer (in case your team has more players and you want to be good-mannered).

You could also make a kick "appeal", where if you think you were kicked erroneously you could take it to the tribunal and judge whether you deserve the loss or not (just like the report feature you guys currently have).

Anyways, going to stop braimstorming, just too excited to think straight.

12345678 ... 9