Surrendering in Dominion

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

Really it's not needed. Unlike in Summor's rift, the team that's winning can drag it out but not being aggressive with pushing lanes. In Crystal Scar, if you are winning, and have more points, those tickets are gonna count down no matter what. All roflestomp games will end quickly every time.

Killington

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

May not be the same, but in WoW when you played AB(Which dominion essentially is), if you 5 capped, the game ended in like 3-4 minutes. I assume if you actually pull off a 5cap, itll be crazy fast.

GGat20 Sportacus

08-26-2011

Based off of 3s being only 15 mintues to surrender, it is most likely going to be lower than 20 minutes to surrender on Dominon.

I can't imagine they would just not have a surrender option.

Cocona Vatel

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killington View Post
May not be the same, but in WoW when you played AB(Which dominion essentially is), if you 5 capped, the game ended in like 3-4 minutes. I assume if you actually pull off a 5cap, itll be crazy fast.
im that sad arse alliance rouge that steals ur farm at the start =p

Shini Laser

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyric Elf View Post
im that sad arse alliance rouge that steals ur farm at the start =p
And I am the cameoflauged orc hunter with a birdie that sits in the bushes at farm. :-P

Varis

08-28-2011

Why would you ever surrender in capture and hold?
On the one hand, you can recap and win a game that was 500 - 50. This is part of why you need the majority of the towers to do damage to the nexus.
On the other hand, if you're losing so badly that you've got no chance of winning (being spawn camped, someone AFK'd, whatever), you're going to lose incredibly quickly anyway. If a team holds all five points, the opposing team's nexus will drop dramatically.

band of brewskis

08-28-2011

You don't need a surrender. If you can stay in Summoner's Rift for 20 minutes you can stay in Dominion for 20 minutes. Simple as that.

Zeiitgeist

08-28-2011

You don't need a surrender. If you can stay in Summoner's Rift for 20 minutes you can stay in Dominion for 20 minutes. Simple as that.
Genious.

EDIT: i dunno how to quote lol, just started participating at forums x3

Sykper

08-28-2011

Not any real point to surrender button especially in a game where the other team can really end the game faster holding many points at once...

if a game with a one-sided feeder/afker lasts more than 15 minutes I would be surprised.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-29-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I believe I set the surrender timer at 14 minutes to still leave the option for people who had someone on their team disconnect. If you guys think it'd overall be better to not allow surrender at all I can just remove it entirely though.

1234567 ... 9