Talon Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brawller

08-24-2011

Wtf no artic warfare Caitlyn! i saw caitlyn but she wasnt artic warfare!!! WTF MANG! even Sona looked like a cherry!!! Wheres my Cherry Cup Cake Caitlyn!!! Or Artic Warfare.

Bu773rd0g

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
Do you play it?
Supporter were needed to win a game. So you had the coice to pick Sona, Soraka, Taric, Alistar or Janna to win a game.
Why would you force a team to pick one out of 5 champs in every game?
The same reason that you see an assassin, tank, dps, etc every game?

Besides, it's not support players' faults that Riot won't make us new characters because they're too busy catering to tanky dps.

We aren't ever getting new support, and now they're trashing the few we do have. GG bro?

LethalTerror

08-24-2011

AND WHY WS ORIANA NOT NERFED? i am truly confused. >.<

Xyltin

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liermage View Post
Wow I love to play support champions and sona is my main. But now riot is taking away the fun of support champions and the reason we play them. We are meant to heal and it is the main reason we choose them , so we can help the team out in a different way.
Do you play a supporter or a healer?
A supporter increases stats of his team or decreases stats of the enemies team to help his mates. Healing can be a part of it, but it isnt the main part.

Also sona will be as godo as always. A good sona played offensive to divide the dmg between the carry and her and to harass the enemy and zone them out.
+20% dmg after the bugfix will help you do this job, what is probably the more important job sona does since she was released.

omelette

08-24-2011

I'm going to miss playing Soraka so much :^ (

DamienScott

08-24-2011

Time to change the roll of Support to Feeder. I can see where they are coming from after fighting a 4 support/Brolaf team, but this is far too severe. Supports are pretty high on the focus target list (not for much longer I bet) and having them in melee range all the time is just asking for trouble.

Taric was the first champion I bought and his new skin swayed me to finally RP two days ago. I guess they just wanted him to have a spiffy outfit when they decided to cornhole him. His nerf was by far the most severe, and they didn't even have the nerve to compensate for it until next patch WTF? As I already knew from playing and now from this topic, he wasn't played nearly as much as the other supports, but that doesn't mean you can strip him naked and toss him into a maximum security prison all oiled up and whatnot.

Whatever ideas you have for reworking Taric, don't. If you aren't going to give his healing capabilities back just make him a tank.Buff his damage and survivability a bit and give him a taunt or something. Auto-attacking champions as Taric just isn't plausable as is unless you are going for a kill with teammates or it's a 1v1. With a lack of the consistant ranged attacks every other healer has Imbue's built in CDR will rarely come into account without dying soon after (even with the laughable ammount of attack speed).

These nerfs seem to be trying to counter a small percentage of players in ranked while completely boning moderate-casual players. I guess I'll have to settle for unkillable games on Morde and Lux until they work this out. I'm glad I started playing Kayle though, sholud be enough to tide me over until the next patch when they nerf her again.

On another note, Jax and Xin nerfs ftw (Undying Rage duration next!), their presence early game and in 3s was far too strong.

Artemis Quinn

08-24-2011

A lot of changes happened but most of them changed the way a character was played rather than making them 100% useless. I think we should all take a chill pill and wait to see these champs in action before we judge.

That Said a few comments about a few of the changes...

Alistar:
I think the change to his ult makes his ult useless at early levels with only a minor change end game. So whereas I think since he's not gaining flat armor or magic resist and the DR is percentage based this is an absurd change.

Nidalee:
Whereas most supports got more hurt than anything by this patch I think nid is the exception in that they changed her role. She isn't a support anymore, she's a one spell nuke that's even harder to catch. (Referring to spear buffs and CD being permitted on pounce (2.2 sec pounces FTL))... Her heal is now just there to top her off and help her take down towers.

Soraka:
I don't think these changes were the right direction for her but admittedly she did need a change. Her heal is now a more powerful tower dive tool and Starcall just needs an overhaul. I do like the change to infuse, it makes her silence a more viable option instead of using all the mana for heals. Maybe bringing the heal's CD to 14 secs would be a small step in making her maintain a competitive edge. 20 secs for a heal is crazy (especially when you hurt the inherent value of the heal)

Sona:
I'm reserving judgement until I see her in game. The armor buff sounds good, but her heal was already only effective in that you could spam it. Now it seems like a mana drain early game. I also like how a bug fix on her is how her heal nerf is being justified by her dmg going up. I'm not sure that should count.

Taric:
Bring it to the values in the patch preview video and I think less people would be mad. Also, did anyone else notice he had a dagger and something else to make it look like they made his attack speed that much better? Why not also encourage players to melee with him by raising his passive?

The other changes didn;t leave me as dumbfounded. Anyways... I'm trying to be optimistic and looking out for spear nukes.

cravenfear

08-24-2011

so according to the patch notes taric can solo jarvan so long as jarvan doesn't attack.... thats kinda cool ill have to try that out in ranked

Doublecast

08-24-2011

So much QQ about Xin nerf... he got .25 seconds off his slow and a slightly reduced knock up duration... that's not even a big nerf, it's the healers that aren't even viable anymore, and Skarner doesn't need buffs, wtf.

Bu773rd0g

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalTerror View Post
AND WHY WS ORIANA NOT NERFED? i am truly confused. >.<
Illiteracy?