top cho vs vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

Solution: Don't be stupid and give her a lead.

It's also probably better to start cloth + 5 pot against a harass heavy matchup so you can stay in lane despite the harass when combined with passive and farm up to unkillable status.

Segra

08-24-2011

I find that health regen is probably your best bet. Vayne will take down your hp but with health regen you can easily retreat and still stay within range of xp while also healing very quickly. Also, hexdrinkers shield helps if you just need some extra time to get away. tiamat and some lifesteal can also be useful because you can damage her and all of her creeps at once and STILL be healing.

Tepdeck

08-24-2011

I also support the idea of starting regen, and ignoring her for a few levels. I'd add that your first tanky item, after your boots, should be a warden's mail in that matchup. I usually go straight for warmogs, but if I'm facing a champion who is going to rely on AD to attack me it is always worth it to get that slow effect first, particularly if it is a soft target like Vayne. Once you catch her you shouldn't have much problem with her, and after the first time she snares herself and gets OMNOMNOMed, she'll show you the respect Cho'gath deserves.

MBirk

08-24-2011

Cho heals on CS, im not sure I agree with regen item statements. I'd stick with the staple. armor+pots, to aegis.

but the idea of "sit back, level E, and farm CS inside your tower" is the proper answer for any time, you can't actually out fight someone on Cho. Do that, and by level 6, you should be pretty unkillable.
W after E. as its larger aoe, and less mana per cast then Q. You can harass with it as needed, its easier to hit, as well as get some CS with it.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
Cho heals on CS, im not sure I agree with regen item statements. I'd stick with the staple. armor+pots, to aegis.

but the idea of "sit back, level E, and farm CS inside your tower" is the proper answer for any time, you can't actually out fight someone on Cho. Do that, and by level 6, you should be pretty unkillable.
W after E. as its larger aoe, and less mana per cast then Q. You can harass with it as needed, its easier to hit, as well as get some CS with it.
W is a one-level wonder.

Its larger aoe does not mean much when you are hit before you get in range.
W also does less damage and is not a solid CC, the cooldown is also higher.

Q's cooldown is nice, does not cost much, and is what you can use + a little AP to one-shot caster minions.

To outfight someone, just Q and proceed to autoattack with E.
Cho has one of the highest base damage afaik, and Q + E just makes him extremely difficult to kill/catch 1v1. I start with jungle rune of 15% attack speed so that E can be used more often.

Hobocop

08-24-2011

W is not a one-point wonder. It provides the most consistent harassment in lane, and the silence scales up to 3 seconds at max rank which is extremely important. The scaling mana cost is not an issue because of it's longer cooldown, and you should be able to lasthit and regain enough mana between CDs to use it to harass nearly every cooldown.

Silence is a very underrated CC, and you'd be surprised how hard people can be shut down when they straight up cannot use any of their abilities for 3 seconds. Imagine how boned Mordekaiser is going to be during a gank when he can't generate any shield for 3 seconds straight. Think about how dead that ranged carry with an escape mechanism is going to be when they can't use it when they need to. Think about how dead anyone is going to be if they can't use Flash.

The only thing Rupture gains with ranks is damage, and the CC utility remains constant. It's not reliable enough to pump first as your primary harassment tool, and keeping it at rank 1 gives you a decent lasthitting tool at range if the going gets tough without needlessly pushing your lane.