Critique My Lux Guide

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flawliss

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
10/10 best troll post
Wow you call me a troll because I posted the setup I play lux without a wall of text, dude your profile on LoL is weak as ****, horrible you shouldnt be giving advice on anything you are obviously noob, dont listen to this guy Fannie he doesnt know wtf hes talking about

Carados

08-23-2011

I'm saying there was no reason to post your Lux build in this thread, but you did anyways, with the intent of disrupting the thread and making people angry. Including it being such a silly build!

It was an amazing troll post, unless you were serious.

Flawliss

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
The AP mastery is ****ing terrible and for any amount of auto attacking (which any champion will be doing a large amount of) crit chance mastery will always outdamage it.

This is common knowledge.

Let's put it this way: People who aren't trying to make the optimum build shouldn't post guides.
For someone whos trolling about how "bad" we are ii dont see you posting your guide for lux

Carados

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawliss View Post
For someone whos trolling about how "bad" we are ii dont see you posting your guide for lux
For someone who talks so much about movies, Robert Ebert doesn't seem to make many!

Are you serious? And how is giving the correct advice trolling?

Flawliss

08-23-2011

Okay a few things....

Who would of been offended by me posting a short version of my guide? Fannie (OP) wouldnt, he has done a lux guide before with a video and got nothing but positive feedback.

Also CV is not required, I run ignite and flash, I hit with my ult 98% of the time blind btw....

YOU are indeed trolling by just going against everything that is said, your "advice" is not correct.

Carados

08-23-2011

Quote:
Who would of been offended by me posting a short version of my guide? Fannie (OP) wouldnt, he has done a lux guide before with a video and got nothing but positive feedback.
Who would be offended by someone pointing out the legit critiques of a guide

Wait. It's you.

Quote:
Also CV is not required, I run ignite and flash, I hit with my ult 98% of the time blind btw....
Good for you! You play against bad players. When did say Clairvoyance is needed?

Quote:
YOU are indeed trolling by just going against everything that is said, your "advice" is not correct.
Okay. Prove it.

Math it out. Prove that the AP mastery does more damage to champions and creeps then the crit chance mastery. Tell me why, if you run CV, the mastery is terrible over greed in a way that understands how CV is good?

Also explain how trolling is giving totally legit criticism in a thread titled "Critique" and spamming something off-topic isn't.

Flawliss

08-23-2011

thanks for proving you really are trolling, not once did I say or imply I was upset because people were critiqueing his guide, I simply posted a short version of my guide and you jumped on my ass so I am defending myself....

I play against bads? Every ELO range has bads every single one, but tbh it doesnt matter if I say I play with and against good players, to your small and ignorant brain would naturally be unable to acknowledge that FACT..

As far as the masteries its common sense, if your a caster with higher then normal AP ratios, the amout of AP gained by the mastery is going to add spell damage, the CRIT CHANCE on a champion that doesnt use crit items, nor runes, is COMPLETLY useless... durp? It would be like getting the AP masteries over the crit masteries on ashe....

iwannatwirrl

08-23-2011

good guide, enjoyed the video and the champion-specific section is very helpful.

a few notes, from someone who does not play lux much:
-you didnt list how long light binding roots for
-you didnt list how much damage lucent singularity does at each rank (or its ap ratio, or snare %)
-id include a warning w/ abyssal scepter. w/ her extreme range (and squishiness) you will often not be close enough for its aura to be useful
-for miss fortune you linked impure shots instead of double up
-you reference a section on kiting, but dont actually have one =P

Carados

08-23-2011

Quote:
thanks for proving you really are trolling, not once did I say or imply I was upset because people were critiqueing his guide
You are calling me a troll for critiquing his guide, while you just spam the thread with completely off-topic things.
Quote:
As far as the masteries its common sense, if your a caster with higher then normal AP ratios, the amout of AP gained by the mastery is going to add spell damage, the CRIT CHANCE on a champion that doesnt use crit items, nor runes, is COMPLETLY useless... durp?.
Are you implying that Lux doesn't autoattack?

Also, math it out.

Math it. Prove that 2% autoattack double damage, on a champion who should be autoattacking until late game, does less damage then 7 AP at level 18.

Lairai

08-23-2011

Aite, to ignore all the qq that's been in this thread so far, not a bad guide so far. I'm a pretty experienced Lux player (used to watch Roku play her all the time), so I can say you got most of everything right. The combos, the gameplay all good.

However, Lux build is often subject to player preferences. Sorc Shoes for Lux lose their meaning after mid-game, whereas Ionian stay useful the whole game. I wouldn't get Kage's Pick, as you shouldn't be close enough to use the active for DFG.

I merely scanned over the lane opponents for my mains, but Brand does not use his Pillar of Fire to harass. He uses Conflagration, then lands his stun, then Pillar of Fire. Laning against Brand is a lot harder than your guide makes it out to be.

And sorry, but a good Kog can outrange you hard. Again, don't mislead them, Kog will farm harder than you.

Probably should note that you should get good at landing AND dodging skillshots as Lux.

1234567 ... 9