[Story] The Black Widow's Web

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anrel

08-30-2011

But in this scenario, they are on the same side, so I don't really understand. As for when they first met (which was the little intro that I did) he didn't have that wondering thought then, because I never imagined it as an instant attraction, more of a thing that took a while to root into his mind, so when he first fought her he was on form. Which is why they both walked away with only superficial wounds. I seem to remember reading that he from then on chose to try and seek out Katarina under the pretense that she was of an equal warrior to him, whenever he could, so I imagine that to be the way it built, which is one aspect of this story I guess, showing how it built.

Anrel

08-30-2011

I guess actually, if I'm having to explain myself this much, then I can't be doing a very good job of it xD in which case I could change it, creating a more likeable version of Garen that makes more sense (pointers always welcome, I have been listening to what has been said by the way) or carry on and accept that some people who enjoy Garen, aren't going to like my presentation of Garen. Or start again/ start a completely different story. I'll have a think and let you know. Thanks for reading so far, and I'm happy to hear some people enjoyed it anyway!

Hegoken

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anrel View Post
But in this scenario, they are on the same side, so I don't really understand. As for when they first met (which was the little intro that I did) he didn't have that wondering thought then, because I never imagined it as an instant attraction, more of a thing that took a while to root into his mind, so when he first fought her he was on form. Which is why they both walked away with only superficial wounds. I seem to remember reading that he from then on chose to try and seek out Katarina under the pretense that she was of an equal warrior to him, whenever he could, so I imagine that to be the way it built, which is one aspect of this story I guess, showing how it built.
I guess what I was getting at, was even if Garen is attracted (even love) Katarina, he is more than willing to engage the person in combat instantly.

This is your story though, don't let me or others compromise it. If Garen is a imbecile in your story, then he's an imbecile.
If Garen does nothing but get killed over and over in your story, too bad for Garen fanboys (me, boo hoo).

Do what you want and ignore the trolls. If they don't like it they don't have to read it, hence my course of actions.

Anrel

08-30-2011

Nah I appreciate the feedback always! I just try and make sure we both understand each other that's all. I don't consider Garen an imbecile though, and so you taking that away form my story shows that I'm doing it wrong really, so obviously I need to re-think my presentation of him. I was trying to find a way to make it interestin, so he wasn't so perfect from the start, I could imagine it being stale if he just kicked the **** out of everything and he just walked through every supposed challenge, you know overcoming things is what makes interesting scenarios for the protaganist I guess. In fact making it stale was my worst fear, I guess I kind of just went too far with the other extreme, which I apologise for. As for getting killed over and over again, he's only died twice and the battle isn't half way yet - he could always make an awesome comeback! Plus with all the champions in the league being epic, I imagine it's hard to decide who would actually die in a battle anyway

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

Look at it this way.

Katarina is the only one that Garen sees as an equal and has admited that she was very beautiful. Than there's his desire to always run off when he hears the name Katarina. Later he's seen at a bar with Katarina having drinks in their private time.

I doubt they want to kill each other anymore. They'll fight, yes, but it's clear that they have developed huge feelings for eachother and may have already done adult things together. Than there's Katarina's level of trust in Garen that she shared classified info with him about Jarvan and the Black Rose.

Hegoken

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
Look at it this way.

Katarina is the only one that Garen sees as an equal and has admited that she was very beautiful. Than there's his desire to always run off when he hears the name Katarina. Later he's seen at a bar with Katarina having drinks in their private time.

I doubt they want to kill each other anymore. They'll fight, yes, but it's clear that they have developed huge feelings for eachother and may have already done adult things together. Than there's Katarina's level of trust in Garen that she shared classified info with him about Jarvan and the Black Rose.
To Anrel: I know this thread is supposed to be regarding your fanfic, so forgive me for trailing off topic.

To Elite Midget:
I'll admit that Garen and Katarina have acquire each others respect somewhat. And sure, I can believe Garen is attracted to Katarina, but there has not bee a single sign next to the Hasty tavern that Katarina even likes Garen.

She might still see him as a nuisance and refuses to acknowledge his abilities. (hence why Garen is not one of the 3 blademasters she bragged about on Talon's background).

Furthermore, where did you get the information that Katarina is trusting Garen information about Jarven IV? or the fact that she knows anything at all regarding Swain's plot?
If you're referring to that assailant that was in the prison cel, that was Talon looking for more evidence regarding Du Couteau. They even moved onto to say the assailant left a bunch of blades behind, meaning Talon used his ult to escape after being cornered by Garen (Not even the new champ could stand up to him. So badass).

Anrel

08-31-2011

Nah that's ok, I figured it was bound to happen eventually and with the whole thing with the way I was presenting Garen coming up I guess it was bound to happen soon.

Just a quick question to anyone willing to answer, what about the other characters in this story, what did you think of the way I presented them? E.g, Akali, Ashe, Swain etc. Because if people think I didn't present them rigth either, I guess maybe I'm not good at the whole fanfic thing xD and should just stick to creating original writings.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegoken View Post
To Anrel: I know this thread is supposed to be regarding your fanfic, so forgive me for trailing off topic.

To Elite Midget:
I'll admit that Garen and Katarina have acquire each others respect somewhat. And sure, I can believe Garen is attracted to Katarina, but there has not bee a single sign next to the Hasty tavern that Katarina even likes Garen.

She might still see him as a nuisance and refuses to acknowledge his abilities. (hence why Garen is not one of the 3 blademasters she bragged about on Talon's background).

Furthermore, where did you get the information that Katarina is trusting Garen information about Jarven IV? or the fact that she knows anything at all regarding Swain's plot?
If you're referring to that assailant that was in the prison cel, that was Talon looking for more evidence regarding Du Couteau. They even moved onto to say the assailant left a bunch of blades behind, meaning Talon used his ult to escape after being cornered by Garen (Not even the new champ could stand up to him. So badass).
If she's meeting with him privately despite her station than she clearly likes him enough to defy her Noxian prejudices against Demacians. It's what we older folks like to call a date.

Katarina is still a Noxian and her people see her as such. If she told them that Garen was on par with her than that would hurt her very badly politically and make Swain and the Black Rose even stronger in their bid for control of Noxus. You have to place yourself in that situation and remember that most Demacians and Noxians want to kill each other. Think of her simply being politically correct to save face with her people.

Talon purposely left the evidence behind for Garen to find. He literally vanished without a trace after dueling Garen for a bit. If he wanted to leave no evidence behind he wouldn't have but insteadd he, a man of his calibur, did. Now tell me, why would a Master with the ability to vanish in thin air purposely leave such crucial evidence to Garen of all people? Simple, Katarina wanted Garen to start his own investigation on the Black Rose as well since he's the only one she can trust now that many Noxian in places of command are pressing for Swain to rule.

Hegoken

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
If she's meeting with him privately despite her station than she clearly likes him enough to defy her Noxian prejudices against Demacians. It's what we older folks like to call a date.

Katarina is still a Noxian and her people see her as such. If she told them that Garen was on par with her than that would hurt her very badly politically and make Swain and the Black Rose even stronger in their bid for control of Noxus. You have to place yourself in that situation and remember that most Demacians and Noxians want to kill each other. Think of her simply being politically correct to save face with her people.

Talon purposely left the evidence behind for Garen to find. He literally vanished without a trace after dueling Garen for a bit. If he wanted to leave no evidence behind he wouldn't have but insteadd he, a man of his calibur, did. Now tell me, why would a Master with the ability to vanish in thin air purposely leave such crucial evidence to Garen of all people? Simple, Katarina wanted Garen to start his own investigation on the Black Rose as well since he's the only one she can trust now that many Noxian in places of command are pressing for Swain to rule.
You're telling me Talon, a man who serves ONLY General Du Couteau himself which he clearly states, (not his daughter or wife or Noxus) wanted to get his ass kicked, leave behind his treasured trophies from his previous victims (his blades) and drop a note...to tip off a Demacian?

on top of that, you're telling me, he's doing that for Katarina, someone who he has absolutely no loyalty to?

I don't buy it, I think you desire that to be the case Katarina to be buddy, buddy with Garen so bad that you stretched this really far. As it stands though, there are no evidence what-so-ever that Katarina has anything to do with that encounter in the prison cell. Unless you found some article in the JoJ or elsewhere from Riot that specifies that she did tell Talon to do this.

Waafu

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegoken View Post
You're telling me Talon, a man who serves ONLY General Du Couteau himself which he clearly states, (not his daughter or wife or Noxus) wanted to get his ass kicked, leave behind his treasured trophies from his previous victims (his blades) and drop a note...to tip off a Demacian?
You're telling me Talon, a skilled and deadly assassin, would wander around in a highly-guarded Demacian prison without expecting to be caught and having an escape plan? On top of that, you're telling me he'd actually try to fight seriously when Garen had an entire search party behind him? Yeah, regardless of what his motive was, I don't think he was that dumb, and I think it's safe to assume leaving behind the note was his idea in the first place. Maybe he's doing it for Kat, maybe he's just stirring up politics for his own ends, but you're trying too hard to prove that this is evidence that Garen>Talon, which it arguably isn't.