[Guide] Mordekaiser, Kill the Squishies!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

Here's my newest guide for Mordekaiser http://itsnothax.com/?page_id=1809. Hes so easy to use its incredible I don't see him more. Always killing Shaco after he gets away, words can't describe.....

Disclaimer: This guide covers two build that I often use for Morde. This guide is based on my personal experience with Morde and what I have found effective, it does not express "the best build" or only build you should use for Morde, just my personal preferences. There are many other builds for Morde that are not included in my guide. If you feel anything in this guide needs to be removed, improved, or changed please let me know in a constructive manner. Thanks for reading.

Carados

06-08-2010

"Stop using this forum as a dumping place for your links."

Your guide is still terrible. Tank Morde with Mace of Spades. Your site is still terrible. You're rushing a ****ing Warmogs. You have no idea how to play this champion and you are misleading players and screwing over the teammates of anyone who listens to you. This build is effectively creating a 4v5 situation for the team, considering all the other team needs to do is ignore the Mordekaiser and they win. This entire build is based on the enemy team being terrible at the game.

Your items are terrible: Force of Nature and Warmogs are both bad items on Mordekaiser. If you want an early Health Regen item, Warden's Mail is much better and builds into an item that is required on Mordekaiser: Randuin's Omen.

Instead of building items with stats that make him a threat, you're making him a huge lump. Why?

Sunfire Cape is not a good item on Mordekaiser, as it reduces the total amount of shield you can do in most fights.

You're starting with a Frozen Mallet, which is much weaker then Rylais on Mordekaiser. How do you plan on getting into Melee?

You're leveling his Q first, ignoring what makes him a passable laner.

You don't even have base information on how to play the champion. It's not an GUIDE, it's a BUILD.

In addition, your site is terribly designed and the only possible reason you keep spamming this forum with it is a thinly veiled attempt to get Adsense impressions.

TheImmortalVirus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-08-2010

I don't agree with anything in that guide

gosp

Recruiter

06-08-2010

If you build Warmog's first, two things happen.

1) You gimp your survivability compared to if you had spent that on other items (until you fill it up, which will take at least 20 more minutes in the game).

2) Nobody will target you because you obviously can't be burst down and don't do enough damage to be worthwhile.

While I DO believe tank Mord is very viable, I would only ever get Warmogs if you get a COUPLE early kills and are intending to go DPS (with an Atmas as well).

Sure, you'll never die, but the most important thing in my opinion is an early force of nature and aura stacking (Sunfire capes and whatever else your team really needs).

Also: I see no benefit to picking up Mace first over Siphon; One offers both better protection and stronger, non-random harassment.

Ashbery

06-08-2010

My feedback:

Don't tell people to get the golem buff as Mordekaiser. Also, warmog's is bad for him. Armor/MR are much more effective in keeping him alive as they effect the durability of his shield as well. Spirit visage is a top knotch tanking item in terms of countering magic damage as well as the beastly regen it can give if accompanied with a force of nature. I'd recommend getting that on your first go-back if you are countering magic damage primarily. Otherwise if you are countering physical damage, replace it with warden's. Only upgrade warden's to a randuin's later though if the game is dragging on.

Also, you def should not be making a first trip back around levels 3-5 if you are playing right. Your first trip back should be able to buy you, at very least, boots 1 and either a spirit visage or a warden's mail. Preferably more, though. Gimping his XP/farming time by going back too often will make him much less effective mid-game, as his only real hope as a carry/tank is to outfarm/outlevel his opponents. If they are farming and leveling as well as him, he's basically done for.

I also believe creeping death is by far his best ability, and would recommend you maxing that out at 9 as it is basically 2 sunfire capes with MR/armor for the duration at level 5, which is extremely effective at lower/mid levels of the game, especially considering you will hopefully be outleveling your opponents.

Dragonk

06-09-2010

Quote:
Sure, you'll never die, but the most important thing in my opinion is an early force of nature and aura stacking (Sunfire capes and whatever else your team really needs).
1.Looks right below the tank build

Quote:
Don't tell people to get the golem buff as Mordekaiser.
"If you want to try an alternate strategy, at about level 2-3 Morde can jungle pretty well especially Wraiths so use it to your advantage. He also receives some decent benefits from the Golem and Lizard buffs (he can solo them easily)."

2.How is that telling people to get the golem buff???

3. Enough nonsense about Warmog's it works well on Mordekaiser. I have already responded to this.

Quote:
The main problem with Warmog's is that it takes a very long time to reach its peak, usually buying other health related items is far more efficient. Its not usually a good item on tanks because most can't farm very well, however Morde is an excellent farmer so I felt it fits him well as Morde really needs health regen and health (hes dependent on outlasting the opposition). This is also why i recommended it as the first item for tanking purposes because it takes time to max it although Morde should be able to do so in a reasonable amount of time.

Warmog's Armor +770 Health +30 Health Regen per 5 sec Passive: Permanently gain 3.6 Health and .5 Health Regen per 5 sec per minion kill. Champion kills grant 36 Health and 5 Health Regen per 5 sec. Bonuses cap at +450 Health, and +62.5 Health Regen per 5.

To reach the max bonus of 450 health/62.5 health regen Health with just minions it would take 125 kills. To reach the max bonus of 450 health/62.5 health regen Health with just champions it would take 12.5 kills. This should always be considered before purchasing Warmog's Armor.
4. I find that Mace of Spades has the most utility at level 1. It does the highest damage, has the lowest cooldown and effective for first blood and early farming. This is not to say that Siphon of Destruction isn't a good pick but I prefer Mace of Spades.

5. Spirit Visage is already in the alternate tanking items, I'm actually thinking of getting rid of the item format and just list items that work well instead. Also upgrading to Randuin's later is in there.

6. Creeping Death is a great ability but Siphon of Destruction is more reliable farming and shield generating tool.

7. Thanks for the feedback guys =D

NJ Fury S

06-09-2010

warmogs isnt a "bad" item for mord perse BUT..and there is a but....there is more usefull items for him like Wardens (which you most certainly should upgrade into randuins because of the nice CDR it gives plus a chance CC) And the spirit visage on his should almost ALWAYS be a Core item no matter what because it has everything built in mord needs.....like Magic resist (go check your stats after i guarantee you have taken magic dmg) and health regen and the precious Cooldown reduction
Cooldown reduction is so important on mord because he IS A SKILL SPAMMER and the more skills he spams the more shield boost he gets.

Dont build the randuins at all if you are facing mostly caster based teams because armor is useless against them. in that case the Spirit visage/ FoN will crush them.

Also CDR blues are a must on his rune page no exception there. and i dont agree with Mace first since Siphon is a MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER harrasing tool early game.

All in all a decent guide +1

Baensidhe

06-09-2010

If you can get a warmogs before level 10 and start building it up, I fail to see how it is a bad item. At that level, with a warmogs, you will probably 1000 more hp than anyone else which will allow you to provide a nice anchor for your team.

Also most of my kills come from team fights and then popping ultimate on someone and bursting them down, even as tank spec. Then using that character to kill others. I find having a ghost Ashe usually works well for taking out a squishie.

Carados

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baensidhe View Post
If you can get a warmogs before level 10 and start building it up, I fail to see how it is a bad item. At that level, with a warmogs, you will probably 1000 more hp than anyone else which will allow you to provide a nice anchor for your team.
Because you're better off building a Spirit Visage for your HP regeneration and a Rylais for your HP.

Tank Morde is a bad build because it requrires the other team to focus the person on your team doing zero damage and having zero CC.

Eat dat chammich

06-09-2010

If you have a bit of magic pen from runes and masteries then Morde's damage is absolutely fine until the carries start getting so farmed that they are spending money on health or defensive items. His base spells are very spammable and very damaging. I have always found it easy to get myself focused by ranged champs because if they try to run by you they WILL die and become your ghost. Once they learn this in the first teamfight or two then you will begin to soak up a lot of CC and damage so your tank items are worth buying.

If you play well early you will have several kills and several towers down before you have to start thinking about offensive items. The best ways to supplement his damage is through CDR and magic pen.