Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Brand vs Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Am Zinx

08-22-2011

Just wanted to get a few Pro's and Con's and a legitimate comparison of the two. Currently trying to decide which I would prefer to buy next.

Anne Franklee

08-22-2011

Brand's going to have more upfront burst, but Anivia has a lot more utility from an AoE slow and her wall. Anivia may indeed be more useful in a team if you play smart and know where and when to drop her ulti, but brand has her beat in the laning phase from superior range.

Alivarious

08-22-2011

Whoever starts Boots+3 wins the lane.

Both are super mana hungry and have decent range, although brand wins out till anivia gets to 6.
Anivia is better in team fights IMO.

UrHumanShield

08-22-2011

Brand is mana hungry?

SleepDealer

Senior Recruiter

08-22-2011

Anivia basically requires blue buff until lategame. Brand is easier to master. Anivia has amazing burst if you can get good with her.

Alivarious

08-22-2011

Quote:
UrHumanShield:
Brand is mana hungry?

Um, yes. If you plan to harass the enemy in lane a decent amount or use skills to farm you will be OOM fairly quickly.

Sindivyn

08-22-2011

Quote:
Alivarious:
Um, yes. If you plan to harass the enemy in lane a decent amount or use skills to farm you will be OOM fairly quickly.

Use skills to farm (besides Q) = push the lane, get ganked by enemy jungler.

Skylam

08-22-2011

Quote:
Alivarious:

i main brand as my AP carry, i generally stay around 50% mana while being able to easily harass the other AP, just gotta use your skills wisely

Blackfire447

08-22-2011

Brand has mad burst damage and will outlane anivia, but anivia is very useful in teamfights

Alivarious

08-22-2011

Quote:
Sindivyn:
Use skills to farm (besides Q) = push the lane, get ganked by enemy jungler.

I'm not talking about spamming skills on creeps all day. If you use skills to farm and harass you will be chewing up a lot of mana quickly.

This is why brand needs blue so much.
Downvote all you want, it doesn't make it not true.