Will the League of Legends game client have a new audio engine by January, 2016?

Yes 6 85.71%
No 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

New LoL audio engine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyberTootie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2014

"New audio engine" will be defined as the League of Legends game client having at least three of the four following features:

- Positional audio that plays back gradually between channels based upon sound location on screen (Or a dramatic decrease in what might be called "stereo width")
- An in-game option to choose audio output device
- Proper handling of multichannel audio
- Options to customize audio experience to user's preferences ('Mono' output to all speakers, mirror audio to rear channels, etc.)

sakakyu

03-13-2014

by 2016? I'm sure, if not then Riot will be working on their next game. But yea, Riot isn't THAT slow.

CyberTootie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2014

puuh.

Xjeffgordon2011X

03-24-2014

Another idea for audio is to have an audio chat. I described this here:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4363038

CyberTootie

04-13-2014

Corrected verb usage: Changed "Or a dramatic increase in what might be called "stereo width"" to "Or a dramatic decrease in what might be called "stereo width"". The current stereo width is near infinite and the desired change would be a decrease rather than an increase of stereo width.

sakakyu

04-14-2014

but what exactly what the stereo width change? It seems to me that it would just isolate sounds instead of blending them together.

CyberTootie

05-18-2014

Surprising but fantastic news in regards to a new audio engine in League of Legends:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...3#post47143783

A "new audio engine", as announced by Riot, "is coming your way" in "a few patches". While I feel this is long overdue, and wasn't expecting anything like this (as evidenced by my creation of this poll), I do consider it to be a pleasant surprise.

Pollsters, please note, however, that the changes outlined by BelligerentSwan aren't enough to satisfy the requirements of "new audio engine" as defined in this poll.

CyberTootie

08-17-2014

After some testing, it would seem the "Positional audio that plays back gradually between channels based upon sound location on screen" requirement has not been met with the advent of Riot's self-purported new audio engine.

Unfortunately, I cannot test the engine's surround sound behavior at this time.

CyberTootie

10-05-2014

Bump b4 permalock