I am convinced that Tristana is worthless.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooninites

08-22-2011

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ive-shot-99743

run 21/9/0 masteries.

Armor Pen reds x9
Flat Armor yellows x9
Flat Magic Resist blues x9
Health Quint x1
ArPen Quint x2

Core Items: Berserker's Greaves, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer
- vs. standard team: phantom dancer, last whisper, bloodthirster
- vs. tanky team: last whisper, madred's bloodrazor, frozen mallet

skill priority: R > E > W > Q
putting 1 point in Q at level 7.

she's a great duo-lane with partners like maokai, sona, and taric

Enraged Pickle

08-22-2011

Well from my observations because I don't play her.

You need several things. Either easy kills which is hard for Tristana or a lot of farming which is easy for Tristana. But you need to be not disturbed. So its best if you "lose" your first tower so you're "safer" from ganks because she dies pretty fast... even with jump and knock back is level 6. Yeah, its not a good strategy, I know. The next thing you need is life steal because she dies pretty fast.

Now what can she do that is better than other carries. Probably pushing and killing towers. The jump and knock back combo is used ONLY when the enemy is "enemy" and not "enemies". Or at most 2 which is mid to low health. Otherwise, never do it, you'll just die.

I'm serious, you need to throw her on a lane for 15 to 20 minutes to farm non stop to make her useful. She don't have slow or stun like Ashe for example. MF has a slow and fast movement speed. Cait has a trap and a "jump" + slow. Brain freeze, cant think of any other range AD but yeah.

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-22-2011

Go watch the IEM games (http://iemgamescom.leagueoflegends.com/) where Fnatic's Lamia plays Tristana (the one on Aug 19th against SK is good). He plays one of the best Tristanas I have ever seen, and the stuff he does is pretty ridiculous.

If I remember right, he starts of a couple Doran's blades, zerkers, and rush into IE and PD. I'm not 100% sure about his leveling, but I'm guessing it's R>W>E>Q, with one point in Q,W,E at level 3. You want to max your rocket jump first, because at level 6, you have a potential of 160 (lvl 3 W) + 300 (R) + 110 dot + auto attacks = ~500ish damage after mitigation. Which is a lot.

PanglossianCynic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2011

Beat an Ashe in lane as Tristana yesterday in ranked. She's rather vulnerable early game, so she benefits from the friendly jungler; if she can pick up a few early kills or even assists, she begins to put out nice damage. If you sit with a good lane buddy who lets you farm up, you're an unstoppable force late game.

Bumbah

08-23-2011

Farm with E until midgame. Focus last hitting and surviving, not ganking or poking. Once mid game starts, you'll have your legendary items and can stand and shoot everyone down. Stand next to a wall when attacking in teamfights so you can W over it if things go awry.

Dwarfling

08-23-2011

I think the problem is Tristana's skillset is kinda old now compared to other carries like Caitlyn that have ranged skills that do a lot of physical damage. None of her skills scales with AD or has Physical Damage to at least go with your ArPen so their damage is pretty bad late game when people has at least one MR item and they end up as utility skills, mostly for herself (escapes, a debuff), unlike Ashe who offers utility for the entire team (stun for initiation, slow for chasing, map awareness).

Hwa Ryun

08-23-2011

Trist's early burst is insane. You have to use this as your major damage output until you get your IE. her midgame will always be bad though, so remember that.

WIMAAC

08-23-2011

Tristana is built more around late game, thus her passive and her incredible steroid of a q that increases attack speed by 90%. She can easily push towers, as well as run away with her Q, R, and the standard flash. Her rocket jumps are used to chase/secure kills, not to initiate. NEVER blow her w on anything short of an assist. With the ability to have instant cd if you get a kill, its often fun to jump in, ult, then jump out :P.
Tristana has one of the best ganks out there o.o? just rocket jump in, and r, then e and kill them with auto attacks.... also punishes anyone that overextends.

Cerubois

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enraged Pickle View Post
Well from my observations because I don't play her.

You need several things. Either easy kills which is hard for Tristana or a lot of farming which is easy for Tristana. But you need to be not disturbed. So its best if you "lose" your first tower so you're "safer" from ganks because she dies pretty fast... even with jump and knock back is level 6. Yeah, its not a good strategy, I know. The next thing you need is life steal because she dies pretty fast.

Now what can she do that is better than other carries. Probably pushing and killing towers. The jump and knock back combo is used ONLY when the enemy is "enemy" and not "enemies". Or at most 2 which is mid to low health. Otherwise, never do it, you'll just die.

I'm serious, you need to throw her on a lane for 15 to 20 minutes to farm non stop to make her useful. She don't have slow or stun like Ashe for example. MF has a slow and fast movement speed. Cait has a trap and a "jump" + slow. Brain freeze, cant think of any other range AD but yeah.
You need to play her more.

Tristana has a long-range jump+slow, and a huge knockback. She has one of the top early burst damages in the game. Her jump+ult deals 500 damage at level 6. Combine that with explosive shot and ignite, and you're at about 700. Get a couple auto-attacks in while they're trying to get away (they won't), and you're sitting at about 800-900, minus resistances. At level 6. Early game kills and ganks are easy.

Midgame is when Tristana farms and kills open towers. Endgame is when Tristana kills everything.

On a side note, "losing" your tower is probably the worst idea I've ever heard in any LoL forum. I'd rather play AD Karthus then willingly give up a tower.

Mambazo

08-23-2011

Funny, i'd much rather lose a tower, because I've won plenty of games where we've lost towers, but never have i won or even played a game with an AD karthus.