I am convinced that Tristana is worthless.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StrykRaishou

08-22-2011

I'm likely doing something wrong... but really, I feel really worthless as Trist in every match I've played as her.

From my experience... if you're rushing an infinity edge, you're not doing nearly as much damage as every other ranged AD in the game for the entirety of early and early-mid game. Other AD seem like they have an easier time ganking, and if Tristana doesn't get fed, she's worthless. The enemy can just shrug off your hits early on and strike back at you for much more, it seems.

Then, she's squishy AND slow. She can't stay in the fray for long, she's focused first... usually when I get into teamfights, I'll fire two shots and then I'm so low that I have to run away, and then every other champion in the game can outrun her. Sure, she has rocket jump, but you can't leap into a battle with it or you won't have it for getting OUT... which means you can't go leaping over an enemy to attempt to ult them into your teammates/a tower... and often times such attempts to do so will actually SAVE them from death.

She has large range, but all of her abilities pretty much require her to be close range. Her Explosive Shot has a much lower range than her auto attacks, which means if you're chasing somebody, you can't even use that ability.

Here's what I'm running:
21/0/9
Ghost/Flash
7x Armor pen Marks, 2x AD Marks
9x flat Armor seals
9x MR/level glyphs
3x Armor pen Quints

Levels 1-4:E->W->E->Q, then Prioritize R > Q > E > W
Starting: Doran's Blade
Build: Merc Treads first, then Infinity Edge, then Black Cleaver, Bloodthirster, Frozen Mallet, Bloodthirster. The game usually ends before I get a Black Cleaver...

SynergyDreamer

08-22-2011

Try Black Cleaver then Infinity Edge.

Also, if you actually have time to get red buff and dragon, a Wriggle's helps your early game pretty well or just rushing Madred's is nice too.

Flawliss

08-22-2011

Is it just me or do you guys not see very many trist players out there? Isnt she considered a carry?

SynergyDreamer

08-22-2011

She's lackluster compared to all of the other carries. But she has notable endgame dps.

Zyren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Masteries
21/0/9 running some combination of: Flash and Cleanse/Exhaust/Ghost

Runes
Marks: Armor Pen
Seals: Mp5 per level or Attack Speed
Glyphs: Flat MR or Attack Speed
Quints: Flat AD

Skill Build
R > E > Q > W with the first point in W at level 1 or 2.

Items
Start with Doran's Blade if going bottom with a support to keep you healthy.
If going solo lane, start with Boots 1 + 3 Health potions.
When you leave the base after first return, you should have at least: Doran's Blade x 2 and Boots 1 (Grabbing Health Potions and wards as needed)
Get B.F. Sword
Get Zeal and upgrade boots to Berserker's (unless they have a crapload of CC, then maybe Merc's)
Upgrade B.F. Sword to Infinity's Edge
Upgrade Zeal to Phantom Dancer

Items should be at this point: 2 Doran's Blades, Upgraded Boots, Phantom Dancer, and Infinity's Edge.

At this point, get items based on what you need...

Enemies are Magic and have CC? Banshee's Veil or QSS
Enemies are Physical/Melee? Frozen Mallet
Enemies are Stacking Armor? Last Whisper
Just need some raw damage? Bloodthirster

Your end-game build could be: Upgraded Boots, Infinity's Edge, Phantom Dancer, Banshee's Veil (or Frozen Mallet), Bloodthirster, Last Whisper (or Black Cleaver if they don't get much armor).

Incendax

08-22-2011

It may be unorthodox but Wriggles Lantern and Madred's Razor stack for exploding minions and can turn Tristana into a pushing/farming goddess. This is the fuel for getting delicious items like Black Cleaver and Infinity Edge as well as being a double threat of Physical and Magic Damage if you upgrade the Razor to a Bloodrazor.

KADAMA

08-22-2011

By your logic Ashe's "E" doesn't do damage. Therefore she sucks. Lol

DarkenDragon

08-22-2011

the way I used to play her was get 1 point into rocket jump, then max out explosive and then max out take aim, and get rocket jump last.

always start off building some damage, your take aim will be enough attack speed for the beginning, and NEVER use rocket jump to initiate damage. only use it for either escaping, or to catch up with enemies, or to jump a runner so you can use your ult to blast them back to your allies.

the way I would lane is attack the caster minions instead of the melee minions, you'll kill them quickly and with explosive shot you'll clear them out that much faster, but since your closer to the minion line, you can still use explosive shot to harass enemies if they get too close.

as for items, like I said get ad items first, you can hold off the attack speed until later. you want to be able to kill those caster minions as quickly as possible to clear that wave so you can start earning money for the stronger items. if there are potiental high health champions (which is most likly 90% of the time) then getting a madred razor asap would be a great investment early game. that should be enough to get you farming for the bigger buys such as B.F.

Spawnzer

08-22-2011

the way i play her

24/6/0
exhaust or ignite (depending which one we need) + flash

E-W-E then max W then Q then E

Dorans blade - boots / wriggles (awesome level 9-10 dragon, easy push/defense, nice lifesteal + armor + free ward) - finish boots (mercs or berserker, usually berserker) - ie (you should have it by the 25min mark) - phantom - situational (wrecking them hard? another phantom, need mr? qss or banshee, etc.), usually its a lw tho

during the laning phase harrass with W + E if you know they cant burst you (it does nasty dmg) and for teamfight use your insane range

Dekallis

08-22-2011

Exhaust+Ghost are my preferred summoners with trist.

....And Firstly. Why the hell are you buying mercs? They're expensive boots and set you back on gold for actually important items. Trist shouldn't be in situations where mercs would matter, Besides that most trist players will build either Banshee veil or Quick silver sash for dealing with CC effects. Long story short you're wasting gold on the mercs. Get ninja tabi, or zerkers, or swiftness if you really feel you need the extra speed.

Second-Your item build is silly. It calls for FOUR bf swords. Rearrange that mess If you get IE first push for phantom dancer. If you're getting BT go for cleaver or last whisper.