Sli compatibility?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Disruptor

09-12-2009

Not really sure if this game is "sli compatibility". I really haven't played many games sense I got me a second 260gtx. Just wondering if anyone knew if this game is using my sli cards as efficient as possible.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

09-12-2009

For my gtx 280 it shuts my computer off as if I pulled the power plug out of the wall right when the League of Legends.exe (game client) opens up.

Just wondering with your cards:
If you have the same problem at times, make it known. It's probably categorized as a small issue right now because i'm one of two people who have it.. Out of thousands.. Which means it's very low priority.

Teirdome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2009

We miss you Frozt. =(

I will most likely be buying SLI cards soon, almost have enough saved up for the new PC so make that three votes.

reapermaster

09-14-2009

runs beautifully in crossfire Im an nvidia fanboy to be honest. but couldnt pass the price tag for 2 4870's runs the game maxed out at 200 fps

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

09-15-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for the feedback, it's a known issue like Frozt said, and hopefully new patches will help you guys out.

Disruptor

09-16-2009

I'm not having power issues, with sli, but I don't feel as if sli is working properly. Like I am not getting the right amount of fps. max 125 fps, lowest it goes is about 90 fps maybe 80. Also my top card gets quite a bit hotter than the bottom one, though that could just be the poor circulation in my case, but doesn't really do it to this extreme in any other game i have played so far. Example: top card 80C and bottom 60C. this is with no fan adjustments through Riva-tuner, just letting it do its stock thing. (though i don't let it do it anymore)
I understand that the top card is always hotter than the bottom, but I haven't ever experienced this drastic of a temp difference with other games.

Any thoughts?

Disruptor

09-23-2009

Just ran some tests to actually see if sli is working at all, and its not. it works on every other application i run but not this game. Can anyone get Sli to work on this game? tired of having one video card heating up and the other not.

reapermaster

09-23-2009

As of right now it is known that SLI doesnt work with LoL. This comes down to a coding thing as well as a driver compatability. Based on the post that I have read I am sure that Riot is working on this with Nvidia but it is considered a lower priority at the moment.

Disruptor

09-23-2009

Cool thanks, I just wanted it confirmed.

DemonVTEC

01-10-2011

Do not use SLI with LoL. Your game will lock up every 10 minutes. You will be forced to reboot. I didn't realize that was why my game was crashing so often until I got a 2nd card and started playing LoL again with SLI.

Riot you really need to fix this issue. If I had known that going the SLI route would of lead to issues I wouldn't have bought this 2nd video card.