Manual Patch 051310

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoirReverie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-14-2010

Hello again everyone.

So if you've seen my other thread, in which I posted a standalone version to fix the issue brought up in the other other thread, you'll know that I uploaded my working LoL folder to MediaFire to allow other people to play. For those of you new here, the launcher gets stuck on Updating [LOL.Patcher] 10/11 for about a minute or two, then states Unable to connect to the network, try again later.

Well, I decided it was a bit unwieldy to force everyone who wanted to play to download a 700MB+ directory (in pieces, no less), so I decided to find a better solution. And here it is. (Note: if you downloaded my standalone version, there is no need to download this as well)

LoL Manual Patch 051310 (174.76MB)

I used a program (Beyond Compare 3) to find the files that were different between my working version and my non-working version, packaged them all up in one archive, and uploaded it (again, to MediaFire). I have tested that this works on my computer.

Please create a copy of your entire League of Legends folder before you overwrite files. This manual patch uses a different "method" of patching from the regular game patcher.

To install the manual patch, simply un-rar the archive directly into your League of Legends directory, giving it permission to overwrite all conflicting files. Once you run lol.launcher.exe, it should say you are fully patched and ready to play. Please note that this is not intended to replace the actual patcher, and you should try to patch normally once the patcher works again.

This manual patch places champion data into the folder Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA instead of the archive HeroPak_client.zip. I did this to limit the size of the download so it doesn't get too large. Unfortunately, the audio files for this game are all found in a number of big .fsb files, most of which I had to place into the patch. I know this copy-replace method is a rather primitive method of patching, but it seems more efficient to do this instead of downloading my standalone.

Once again, I cannot guarantee that this will work after the next patch. This will not fix problems related to PVP.net.

Special thanks to Kittie for providing me with a working copy and for her never-ending patience.

Final Note: I do not own Akali nor have I had time to play an actual game, if anyone owns or has played with/against an Akali, post here to let me know. I just want to confirm that the new champion data works. (Also post here if Akali works off the standalone version)

qpdb

05-14-2010

Scanned with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 found: W32/Sality.gen.e
Quarantined.

Download at your own risk.

NoirReverie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-14-2010

Really? That's quite troubling. I didn't pick up any such problems; of course, I'm running this version myself.

My Avira Antivirus isn't picking up anything, and MediaFire scans all files that get uploaded there.

EDIT: I just finished downloading, updating, and scanning with Kapersky Anvi-Virus 2010 (the same version you have) and no threats were detected.