Jarvan isnt a full tank, so make him hit harder!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slayermac

08-22-2011

I've played multiple tanks and I know that they dont do much physical damage without their abilites but Jarvan isnt a tank. He's a "fighter," so why is he so usless in a fight now? Other than his knockup and passive's ONE time damage boost per enemy, he cant hold his own against anyone! He isnt pure tank, and not pure DPS but he cannot be a Hybrid without at least some more AD. And even with boots he's one of the slowest characters late game, so he cant chase anyone either. Jarvan is one of my favorite characters in the game but the lack of damage he does is truely limiting his potential as a commonly played champion. I am not asking to make him as OP as Gangplank but at least give him a chance to get a kill or two. Please Riot, mosquitoes hit harder than Jarvan.

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Jarvan already has a bunch of free AS and huge bonus AD ratios. Tanks aren't supposed to not do any damage, but do damage without building offense. J4 on the other hand can go both ways, that's why you often see him built tanky.

Draegos

08-22-2011

Obviously you have not played J4.

Best Zod NA

08-22-2011

His damage output has been significantly reduced, for good reason. Jarvan's utility is far too great to be allowed significant base damage output.

fehC

08-22-2011

Jarvan = Prince of Solo Top.
That hoe is **** crazy.

If he builds AD, you can't kill him.
If he builds AD Tank, you can't kill him.
If he builds AP ... probably still can't kill him.

He's fine.

slayermac

08-22-2011

So do any of you agree that its slightly difficult to do damage quickly? Because he even has trouble jungling by himself too. I agree that he has great utility though, which is why I like him, but im tired of enemies constantly walking away with health left after my E + Q, then W + R combos.

Beb4do

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
The tradeoff with Frozen Mallet is that you are spending about 2k on non-damage.

Talon is not another Jarvan. You are not going to be able to stack tank and deal respectable damage. You are also exceptionally well-rewarded for buying +AD. You can make room for it in your build, but being tanky is both mitigation and +health, not just +health.

I'm extremely excited for him. He's probably my favorite champion since Orianna.
so phreak said that jarvan = op.

your move.

slayermac

08-22-2011

Im not saying that I want Jarvan to be OP, I honestly just want a few points put into AD but a few reduced either from his base armor or from the bonus armor recieved from his Demacian Standard to make it fair. He's not a tryndamere extreme fighter type champ. Im not asking for that at all.

Serilyn

08-22-2011

Heres a hint, level his Q first with some AD, and you do tremendous poking damage early on.

DTM300

08-22-2011

You can't be serious. He pokes hard, has range, with some AD hits like a hoss, and his passive is on a 6 second cd for the same champ I believe?

He hits hard while built tanky... Almost too hard.