Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So...Any plans for Cho?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sinbad69

08-24-2011

you could simply not play cho on dominon

Twixiee

08-24-2011

Quote:
sinbad69:
you could simply not play cho on dominon

No.

mistermoo

08-25-2011

I think Cho will be fine on Dominion.

Jadarok

08-25-2011

Quote:

Even if you die TWICE in a game of dominion, which is extremely low and I don't think has happened in all the dozen-ish games ive seen for any player, you won't get full stacks even once. Let alone be able to hold them at all.

The real question is, are the stacking buffs of champs like Cho and Vieger so important, that they are just not viable if they are not maxed? Or is being maxed just icing on the cake of a player already doing well? Plus I'm sure these aren't the only abilities that will seem less useful in Crystal Scar. Take Swain's passive for example. It's obviously meant to help him sustain his mana in Lane via last hits...where the heck does his minor mana gain from kills fit in to this game were farming creeps is less important and everyone gets that crystal scar mana regen buff?

I think first we should let the meta game evolve and see if it even matters. Some champs abilities might be so strong in Crystal scar, that having others that become "useless" might keep some champs balanced :-p

Or there can just be bad champion picks for Dominion...it's not like every single champ is perfectly balanced and viable in ranked Summoner's rift Dominion will just have a different set of OP and UP champs. The only other alternative (besides global buff/debuffs/unique items) is having totally different stats/abilites for Crystal Scar. That I'm not for. I'd like to see as much consistency as possible.

NessOnett

08-25-2011

Quote:
Jadarok:
The real question is, are the stacking buffs of champs like Cho and Vieger so important, that they are just not viable if they are not maxed? Or is being maxed just icing on the cake of a player already doing well? Plus I'm sure these aren't the only abilities that will seem less useful in Crystal Scar. Take Swain's passive for example. It's obviously meant to help him sustain his mana in Lane via last hits...where the heck does his minor mana gain from kills fit in to this game were farming creeps is less important and everyone gets that crystal scar mana regen buff?

But that doesn't matter. Sure Veigar might get 50 bonus AP instead of 75 but it's not a huge difference. He gets 5 off of champion kills which are more plentiful. But 1. It's not a huge factor, the difference overall(say 600 AP vs 630) compared to Cho whos gonna be 2.2k health vs 3.1k. And 2. Veigar doesn't lose any of his AP on death.

As far as Swain, Cho has the same problem, but the point is those are LANING passives. They are made for laning. In a fight on SR they don't make any difference, so they shouldn't here. But 900 health makes a HUGE difference in a fight.

At the end of the day. Cho doesn't matter. Veigar doesn't matter. Viability doesn't matter. The point of this thread is CONSISTENCY. Crystal Scar has been modified so that "Stacking things where stacks are lost on death" from SR are modified in a way that they are not lost on death in Dominion. I just noticed that Cho happened to be conveniently absent from the list of things with this functionality. And that he should be modified just like everything else was or it's an unfair disadvantage to him because it's a poor design on a map where strategic "last stands" are an extremely viable strategy that Riot is specifically trying to push for.

Jadarok

08-26-2011

Quote:
Crystal Scar has been modified so that "Stacking things where stacks are lost on death" from SR are modified in a way that they are not lost on death in Dominion
Oh...well I didn't know they were implementing this as well. In that case it could be unfair, but still. They nerfed things like Health gains in Dominion for a reason. Certain aspecets are more powerful in Crystal Scar compared to Summoner's Maybe a 6 stack Cho'goth is OP. Or maybe it's a typo and they do plan on including him.

c0mmon

08-26-2011

Quote:
NessOnett:
And another one...

I'm gonna have to have a talk with Obama, because the kids coming out of his education system are quite the ******s.

i like how you can down someone elses intelligent that fast, but never establish credibility, and at the same time attempt to be perceived as a merited source????

ignorance is the mark of the idiot, regardless of where you went to school, and that tattoo is on cheek.

NessOnett

08-26-2011

Quote:
c0mmon:
i like how you can down someone elses intelligent that fast, but never establish credibility, and at the same time attempt to be perceived as a merited source????

ignorance is the mark of the idiot, regardless of where you went to school, and that tattoo is on cheek.

I never said I was a credible source. For all intents and purposes I could be missing the lower portion of my brain.

That doesn't stop the person I was quoting to be mentally deficient themselves however. To be posting the same misinformed gibberish that the half dozen people above him already posted...and were already explained to why they were wrong and mis-understanding the situation.

But then there's the mirror. Since you yourself are coming in here and acting like 1. anyone cares what you say, and 2. that you're smarter than me. With no proof, no backing, just an undeserved self-serving attitude and a crippling lack of human decency and respect.

ComanderMolander

08-26-2011

bump for great justice!

Validan

08-27-2011

While this may be true, one thing remains certain for Cho'Gath. If you DO get 6 stacks, go get that Storm Shield. His size alone will scare whole teams. =p