So...Any plans for Cho?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nossin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Ah... shouldn't we be more worried about his passive which is he gets hp and mana back per minion kill? Seeing as there won't be much farming in Dominion.

Myrmidont

08-22-2011

Give him a special buff called

"Game balance bandaid!"

One consume increases his stacks by 2-3 instantly

NessOnett

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nossin View Post
Ah... shouldn't we be more worried about his passive which is he gets hp and mana back per minion kill? Seeing as there won't be much farming in Dominion.
Not really. It's a laning passive. It's designed to help his laning. This is a game mode about fighting. Not having a passive that wouldn't come into play during normal fighting doesn't make a big difference.

But his fighting ability is balanced around him having that 900 health late game. It's the reason why his base stats are low for a "tank." So his ultimate stacks, which would normally be a huge impact on his ability to fight, is essentially being gutted.

This exact problem(the inability to hold stacks that are lost on death), was already acknowledged and resolved when it came to Bloodthirster. I don't see why it should be any different with feast since it's the same exact problem.

Aametherar

08-24-2011

I think it'll just be a high dmg spell but it's kinda compensated by his long range knock up which can totally screw channeling over, just my opinion though.

LokiAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Why do people think I'm ragging on Cho? I don't think he'll be any less effective in dominion overall.

This thread is specifically questioning the feast problem and nothing else. And it is a problem because he's balanced around having max stacks most of the time outside of extreme early game and if his team is behind.
/thread

Edit: Before anyone misinterprets what I'm saying, what I mean is that if you think he's going to be just as effective, what's the point of this thread? Just come out and say it, "I think he's going to be UP because he can't stay stacked up."

NessOnett

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiAlpha View Post
/thread

Edit: Before anyone misinterprets what I'm saying, what I mean is that if you think he's going to be just as effective, what's the point of this thread? Just come out and say it, "I think he's going to be UP because he can't stay stacked up."
So what you're saying is, asking questions is a bad thing and that knowledge is evil.

I think Cho will be fine either way, and I'll play him regardless because I love Cho.

I'm just asking, since Riot has already taken measures to counteract the "lost stacks on death" problem in other aspects of the game if there were any plans for Cho since he'll experience the same problem.

Hence the title..."Any plans for Cho?"

Mr Threepwood

08-24-2011

Since Loki essentially said the EXACT same thing as I did, I'm not surprised you ignored him and downvoted. If you think he'll be balanced anyway, they don't NEED to "counteract" the non-existant problem. If you think he's going to be UP, then you think he'll be UP and he'll need some help.

None of this, his lack of feasts is a huge detriment to him, moreso than Nasus' Q, but he'll be perfectly fine stuff. I'm getting tired of you contradicting yourself. Either it will be a problem or it won't. If it won't, no fix needed, if you think it will, valid question.

Draco Tempus

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
I hear a lot of talk about Nasus and Veigar having problems because they are unable to farm, which is a minor inconvenience at best, but what of Cho?

You're removing Bloodthirster because of the inability to keep it "stacked" with the length of games and the prominence of death. What about Cho's feast? How is he expected to keep any stacks on that? He'll barely get a dozen ults off in the game of normal length for dominion(15-20 mins), and he needs half of them just to stack up once. Losing so much from dying often(and it will be often), will cause the same problem as bloodthirster.

I haven't seen anybody mention him yet, did people just forget about him? Or was there already a Riot-sponsored discussion that I missed where they addressed this issue?
Bloodthirster gets stronger just for heroes as feast gets stacks for both heroes and minions. You can always sneak in a quick snack with cho gath...everyone acts like there are not gonna be any minions around. If he team fights im sure his ult will be a great nuke and scare away many a champ.

Much different than bloodthirster because without killing bloodthirster can't be a nuke or much of anything really.

I see the point though and yes you will have to gain some skill and play better to use cho gath in dominion......however we haven't played it so it could turn out that he is bad*** in dominion

despondent

08-24-2011

i would think cho fits under the heimer style of, cap a point and hang out and defend that point. minions will come for you to stack feasts and with his mass aoe he should be able to defend a point with good efficiency.

cho=great defender, bad gank/attacker

NessOnett

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Threepwood View Post
Since Loki essentially said the EXACT same thing as I did, I'm not surprised you ignored him and downvoted. If you think he'll be balanced anyway, they don't NEED to "counteract" the non-existant problem. If you think he's going to be UP, then you think he'll be UP and he'll need some help.

None of this, his lack of feasts is a huge detriment to him, moreso than Nasus' Q, but he'll be perfectly fine stuff. I'm getting tired of you contradicting yourself. Either it will be a problem or it won't. If it won't, no fix needed, if you think it will, valid question.
Yes, because quoting someone and responding directly to them is "ignoring."

obvious troll is obvious...and quite fail

But just to throw this in for other people. Dominion will not be balanced around according to Riot overall. Which means imbalances will occur in general. But does that matter? Not really. Due to the pace of the game and the forgiving style that goes along with encouraging deaths, imbalances in characters matter less. If a character is SLIGHTLY too strong on SR they dominate their lane, crush any hopes the enemy team has, gets super fed, and snowballs out of control. That's what happens in long games focusing on long laning, large fights, long death timers, and stone progress(once a turret dies, it never comes back). None of that happens in dominion, meaning that release Vlad and current Eve could both be in the same game and nobody would see imbalance in it. Because the range of strength "balanced" characters are allowed to fill is MUCH wider in a fast and forgiving game.