Best noob champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carta Dippa 5

Recruiter

08-22-2011

I almost have 1340 IP points and I know that you can get some pretty good champions for that decent amount but I'm new so im not sure what champion to get. I only have Ashe which I have solely used from the beginning . Can you guys reccomend some champions like Ashe or anything easy for a new player to grasp and use to maximum effectiveness relatively fast.

Some links to guides would help and I also want to know how good is Cho 'gath he seems pretty beastly but im afraid he might be hard to use.

xEATxLEADx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

master yi is one of the easiest champs and hes 450,
there is also sivir is u want ranged shes easy

Joequel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

It really depends on what you're looking for.

Two I would suggest are Annie and Alistar.

Annie is a caster who specializes in bursting down the enemy with magic while stunning them. She holds a price of 450 IP.

Alistar is a tanky bull who specializes in knocking his enemies around so that his team can pick up the kills. He also has a small AoE heal to help support his team. However, he holds a price of 1350.

Both of these characters see play in the higher levels of the game, so I don't think you would regret buying them unless they just aren't your style at all.

As for Cho'Gath, he's a really fun champion. You mess with your opponents by knocking them in the air and silencing them (making them unable to use spells for a short period of time). He seems like a situational champion. I don't think you would be disappointed buying him, he's really fun, I just think the two I put above are easier to learn.

Before I purchase any champion I tend to look on Youtube or Google to see if I like them, so you could try that too. :]

This is the website I generally look at for referencing a guide, but remember to try and make play styles your own, not just copied.
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php

Go Eazy On Me

Recruiter

08-22-2011

Buy a Jungle character, Like Udyr, Warwick..etc. They are fun to play and you can end game fast if you get good ganks off.

NintendoChalmers

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Eazy On Me View Post
Buy a Jungle character, Like Udyr, Warwick..etc. They are fun to play and you can end game fast if you get good ganks off.
I can't agree with this at all. Assuming this is lvl 10-ish, jungling isn't so great unless there's a smurf-like ally on your team. Your team's going to push all day, your jungle is super slow (like 6min clear for WW. Most others aren't really viable without some more armor+leash, and could you expect a proper leash from lvl 8s?)

I'd grab Annie like someone suggested above.
1) 450 IP
2) Newbie friendly mechanics.
3) Teaches good farming techniques. Last hit well with Q (this spell refunds mana if it kills target) and you'll be rich as hell with full mana bar. Excellent!
4) Powerful burst. She's like one of the classic lvl 6 insta-first blooders because of her spell kit.
5) She has a easily controllable conditional stun (her passive). You'll if you haven't already learn how powerful hard CC is in this game and there isn't many champions with a better one.
6) Like Ashe, she's viable at ALL levels (played recently in professional tournament in Germany) so you will NEVER advance to a point where she's "unviable" or "a weak pick" compared to say someone like Master Yi.

She's also one of the most powerful gankers and the easiest to use/abuse by far. Still learning how to do it myself, but once you get the basics, you can probably get a mentor to help you or watch some streams to see how to get more uses out of her.

GordonFreemanJr

08-22-2011

Singed brah

Delfong

08-22-2011

I think it's a mistake to label Master Yi as a noob champ. Just because auto-attack is his specialty, doesn't mean you can just right-click an enemy champ and watch him die. He's very squishy and is usually the first to die in a team fight since everyone knows how squishy he is. In the right hands, he's very deadly. In the wrong hands, well, he just dies a lot.

SnowTiger

08-22-2011

Actually umm both Annie Alistar takes high amount of skills to play correctly so it is not a good suggestion for noobs.....

Myyr

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreemanJr View Post
Singed brah
Agree with this.

The last thing I want to see running around in my games is another terrible Yi.

Joequel

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGougou View Post
Actually umm both Annie Alistar takes high amount of skills to play correctly so it is not a good suggestion for noobs.....
I disagree, as I see your point as all characters have a learning curve, these characters are a lot easier to play.

Suggested above was Yi, a champion who pretty much has to put himself in danger to get hits off. I don't think that's beginner friendly at all.

Alistar and Annie have either range or survivability tatics that even a beginner could understand, Annie's stun has an icon at the bottom of the screen to tell you when the stun is ready and Alistar can use pretty much every skill he has to survive.

I honestly can't think of another cheap, easy champion to play. I mean there's Ryze or Nunu, but Ryze really isn't played much and Nunu is more of a jungler which you don't see at the early levels. Soraka is getting a change, I just don't see someone better than the two. :[