What Champion will Dominate Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiration

08-21-2011

Teemo?

Much easier to get mushroom coverage, plus he has ridiculous movespeed late game thanks to his W.

KnightMayre

08-21-2011

Pantheon, TF, Nocturne, Shen maybe even in his nerfed state.
Seeing as this isn't just a 5v5 map and usually fights are 2v2 or 1v1 or 2v1 having long range ults will help capture more points, also high mobility champions.

UndeadKarthus

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novrovel View Post
probably leblanc. start with mejais and 2 ranks in sigil...
To bad their removing snowball items in Dominion, good you people don't know where to get your facts.

choochoochooo

08-21-2011

I feel like champs are going to be divided into different catagories: capture, defense, and disruption.

Capture is your ninja assassin type with good mobility, able to kill champs 1v1 pretty well, maybe even 1v2. These guys will basically go out and try to backdoor points for their team.
EX: Nid, Akali, Kat
Defense is your... defense, kind of like tanky, I can see galio and ammumu doing really well here, tanks with multi unit damage abilities and good survivability.
Disruptors is people who aren't really going to go 1v1 head to head with a champ but can long range poke and prod to slow a cap (KOGMAW,also lux)

Of course champs can go multiple ways and I'm especially interested as to how champs with traps/summons will fare (heimer, nid, cait, shaco) I can some pretty interesting stuff from these guys.

solo2900

08-21-2011

twitch if ya watched the livestream ya know what i mean

jettleg

08-24-2011

LUX she could just run around in the middle making sure no one caps points

Spankz0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rombat View Post
I was just wondering what champs would be considered "op" in Dominion and if so leave your comments. But starting at lvl 3 with 1350 gold im pretty sure some champs can do fairly well at early game for example Annie and her massive bursts. Just small stuff like that also, i think supports will be very useful in Dominion to help allies capture the points. Please reply! Thanks =D.

Rombat lvl 29
After this current patch I really doubt supports will be useful at all...

Diogennes

08-24-2011

Durable champs with anti-attrition built in.
It was mentioned that the addition of health shrines was designed to specifially counter their large advantage. It is likely this won't be sufficient. Especially since the durable champ can use it too.
So a list of such champs might look like, from MORE likely to only POSSIBLY:
Mundo
Garen
Blitzcrank (i'm biased, but I really think so)
Fiddlesticks
Gangplank
Irelia
Vlad
Mordekaiser
Warwick
Nunu
Nasus
Swain
Nidalee

I can't comment about stealth champs or healer supports, but i'm sure they'll have some kind of useful niche. Karma might become popular on this new map because her kit seems built for it (Harrass, sheilds, aoe heals, speed buff/debuff).