Path of the Blessed One

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkan of Arkham

09-01-2011

Holy **** when did all of this show up?

EDIT: OK so I read all the way through it. Good start, definitely. Interested to see where it goes from here. Very interested in fact. Bandle city will definitely be a stark contrast to Bilgewater. That is, unless Teemo finds him outside the city walls and deems him a threat for whatever reason >;D

Kuraito

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkan of Arkham View Post
Holy **** when did all of this show up?

EDIT: OK so I read all the way through it. Good start, definitely. Interested to see where it goes from here. Very interested in fact. Bandle city will definitely be a stark contrast to Bilgewater. That is, unless Teemo finds him outside the city walls and deems him a threat for whatever reason >;D
Yea, I've been busy. I already have chapter 7 and 8 planned out in my head, as well as where the story is going, just trying to think of interesting things to do along the way and place's he'd make a stop at.

I'm holding off a bit on the next few chapters till I get a bit more feedback. As it is, I've already dropped quite a bit of content on the thread so far. So, anyone who wants more, give me some feedback so I can make the next chapters better!

Anrel

09-03-2011

I've really enjoyed this! The main character is interesting, and I very much like the portrayal of Gangplank!

Kuraito

09-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anrel View Post
I've really enjoyed this! The main character is interesting, and I very much like the portrayal of Gangplank!
Many thanks, you'll see much more of him, as well as Miss Fortune's employer who will become much more important next chapter. Any suggestions on improving things a bit? I know taking my time a bit with them would help the typos.

Kuraito

09-06-2011

Chapter 7

As Hyram walked the last few miles to Bandle City, he took stock of the events the lead him to his current predicament. His rash decision to cast an advanced dimensional shift spell. Blundering into a pirate bar and starting a brawl. Trusting a pirate completely, just because her beauty and strength reminded him of his sisters. Perhaps his most reckless act, in his mind, was using magic by instinct and emotion, not tempered reason and practice, which resulted in his transformation into the thing that called itself Hyramis.

His memory of the ensuing fight was still a blur, as if he were watching someone else fight, not doing it himself. Indeed, he wasn’t sure he WAS doing the fighting. The side effects of the spell he cast could be far reaching. He still felt like there was someone else in his head, in the back of his mind. The boy did not think it was ‘talking’ per say , but he did feel like there was something else in his mind. Something that was him, but not him at the same time.

Trying to unravel the mysteries of what he’d done to himself in his haste was giving him a headache, one to match the general ache he felt over the rest of his body. Indeed, it hurt so much, that he almost didn’t feel the poison dart hit him in the neck. When he did finally reach up and pull the dart from his jugular, he had already grown dizzy and the world had started to spin. He collapsed onto his stomach, fighting a losing battle with unconsciousness. With his last strength, he looked up toward the trees to see his attacker, but so blurred was his vision all he could see was a tan colored blob before darkness finally claimed him.

“Arr, why we be in the middle of no-where instead of checking for the boy, dearest Sarah?” Gangplank grumbled from his seat in the shack outside Bandle City. While his wounds were mending quickly, his temperament had grown increasingly ill. Probably from a lack of violence, Sarah thought quietly to herself before finally speaking aloud. “We’re here to give our employer an update to inform them of our newly arranged partnership. They gave me this trinket to tell them we needed to meet for a reason, not just because it looked pretty.“ She waved a small necklace with an odd metal box hanging from it at the Dread Pirate. “Besides, we need to wait anyway. Do you really want to just charge into Bandle City, looking for him? How many League Champions are in there right now? Three? Four? Add in the boy and there is no way we can possibly win.”

Gangplank sneered at the Bounty Hunter and spat on the floor of the shack. “I could be doing with a good fight right about now. My tussle with you and the boy still has me blood pumping. I wonder if that Hyramis character be interested in joining the League?” Miss Fortune gave a sigh and shook her head. Working with this psychopath was going to turn her grey. Before she could offer a retort, the sparking of magical energy in the middle of the shack signaled the arrival of her employer. She jumped to her feet, then cringed to see Gangplank still lounging in his chair.

As the energy continued to grow, a glowing ball of dark energy started to form in the center of the room and grow, first the size of basket, then a barrel, until finally the orb of dark energy was large enough to hold even the burly Gangplank. As the magical energy stabilized, Miss Fortunes employer stepped out from the orb into the dimly lit shack. The darkness of the orb prevented either of them from seeing the person clearly until finally, after they had stepped completely out of it, the orb of magic vanished in an instant.

Left behind was a lithe, grey skinned woman with long pointed ears. Her hair and lips were a deep purple, matching the magical glow from her eyes. She straightened the large skirt she wore over her legs, in sharp contrast to her upper half. The upper half of her body was mostly bare, save for a purple brassier she wore for the sake of decency, leaving her grey skin and more importantly, her blackened and ruined wings, exposed to view. She turned to face the two Pirates and smiled slightly. “Miss Fortune. Didn’t expect you to call me so soon. You still have the boy? You know I cannot transport him, you must deliver him to me as we agreed.”

Gangplank finally jumped to his feet. “Morgana!? We be hired by the boys SISTER to kidnap him? That be rich.” The Dread Pirate gave a cruel laugh as Morgana pinned him with a harsh stare.
“Do not presume to know anything, pirate. I take it you had to cut him in on the deal, Bounty Hunter?”
Miss Fortune winced and nodded. “He’s a bit like a bull in a Zuan chemistry shop. Lots of breakables and the more you fight him, the more uncontrollable he gets. I agreed to give him 50% if he’d help me find the boy.”
Morgana froze and was silent for a long moment. “….you don’t have my brother anymore? You don’t know where he is?”
The Bounty Hunter flinched as she knew that whatever was coming next wouldn’t be pleasant. “No.”

Miss Fortune was not disappointed. Morgana gave an almost feral scream of anger and with an arc of magical power from her finger, melted the chair Gangplank had been sitting on into a pile of black goo. “YOU LOST MY LITTLE BROTHER!!??” Her voice seemed magically amplified by her rage and Miss Fortune slapped her hands over her ears to block it out. Even Gangplank flinched slightly at the sudden noise.
“Shhh!! We’re right outside Bandle City! Keep yelling like that, and we’ll have more trouble then we can deal with!” The Bounty Hunter managed to quiet the female mage, but she still paced and seethed.

After a long moment, Gangplank spoke. “So…why you be hiring us for this anyway? Why not just go grab your brother and be done with it? He be trying to get to you two anyway.”
Morgana spun and fixed him with another harsh stare. “Exactly. US. He’s trying to find both of us. I don’t want him to find Kayle. And that blasted sister of mine has me watched almost constantly, so if I try and pick him up and travel with him, she’ll come rushing after me to ‘rescue’ him. She‘ll try and take him away!” Morgana growled as she continued to pace.
“Why not just have me deliver him to the Institute of War? Just backstab your sister there and be done with it.” Miss Fortune asked from her still intact chair.

Morgana spent a long moment in silence after that question until finally, after she took a deep breath, she spoke in a quiet voice. “You two, as completely self-centered and without family as you are, obviously don’t understand. Let me see if I can explain it to you clearly.”
She turned and faced the two of them, her face calm, but the fire in her glowing eyes showing barely constrained fury. “That self-righteous harlot I am forced to call a sister wants him all to herself. She considers me a ‘bad influence’ and does whatever she can to poison him against me. I will not allow this. More importantly, she doesn’t realize one very important fact…”

Morgana skin glowed with a dark purple aura for a moment as she grit her teeth. “Hyram…is mine. He belongs…to me!” She slammed a fist down on the table to punctuate her anger. “I raised him. I cared for him. I taught him magic. He is MY beloved brother. To her, he was never more then a bother and a weakling, another responsibility. Another servant for that golden witch!” She spun, facing away from the two pirates as she kicked another chair across the room.
“Unfortunately, as kind and pure as my brother is, he still loves his other ‘sister’ and thinks that she loves him. I must dissuade him of this and show him that I am his only true family. If he sees me betray my sister in such an obvious way, he wouldn’t understand. He’s to naive to see Kayle for what she really is. So that’s why I need you to get him and deliver him to me, secretly, before Kayle knows that he’s here!”

Miss Fortune found the woman’s words disturbingly easy to understand, and worse, she saw Gangplank nod as she finished her rant. “Aye. So, he be disputed property then. This all makes a bit more sense knowing that. I still be in for collecting him for you, if you want.”
Morgana nodded. “Yes. And I think I’m going to hedge my bets a bit. But I expect you two to deliver. Do so, and not only will I reward you with gold, but any powers I possess will be at your disposal if you deliver my brother to me, alive and unspoiled. Understood?”
Miss Fortune nodded and spoke once more. “Of course. We’ll get the job done. But one last thing. Hyram showed powers you didn’t describe before. On my ship he cast a spell that made him…different. Bigger, stronger, more assertive and confident. Whatever he turned into torched my boat.”
Gangplank nodded. “Aye. He be a handful that boy. Might even give you and Kayle a proper scrap.”
Morgana frowned and nodded thoughtfully. “It’s happening faster then I expected. We need to accelerate our plans. I’ll drive him away from Bandle City. You two capture him once he’s no longer safe inside and bring him to me, as agreed.” With a flash, the Fallen Angel was gone before either Pirate could say another word.

Sarkan of Arkham

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuraito View Post
Trying to unravel the mysteries of what he?d done to himself in his haste was giving him a headache, one to match the general ache he felt over the rest of his body. Indeed, it hurt so much, that he almost didn?t feel the poison dart hit him in the neck.
****ing called it!

Kuraito

09-09-2011

Chapter 8

Hyram felt the world slowly come back into focus. He could finally feel things again, instead of the steady numbness he had during his sleep. He was in a soft, warm bed and as he realized that, he breathed a sigh of relief. It was all a dream. The pirates. The spell. All of it. Just a dream. Hyram tried to lift a hand to brush the hair from his eyes, but quickly found that his arm felt extraordinarily heavy. He was also having difficulty opening his eyes. He continued to try and move but he found his muscles to be uncooperative.

That’s when he heard the sound of footsteps approaching and quickly fell still. Maybe if he held still, they would assume he was still unconscious and pass him by. Much to his chagrin though, he heard the footsteps stop beside the bed and a chipper and high pitched voice say, “Here he is. Got him right outside of town. He obviously just washed ashore from that pirate battle off the coast. We’ll be able to interrogate him and find out why Gangplank’s in Yordle waters!”
Another high pitched voice, this one female and sounding rather exasperated, spoke up. “Yea, except we can’t. You said the poison you used will have him out for almost half a day, didn’t you? You should’ve gotten me and Rumble to collect him, not just shot him in the neck, Teemo.”
The chipper voice, which Hyram guessed was Teemo, spoke again. “Maybe I did jump the gun a little bit. Sorry Tristana.”

A deeper voice spoke, with an undertone of no-nonsense inflection. “I just don’t get why you didn’t use a lethal dart anyway. He’s a pirate. You probably should’ve just used one of your normal darts and been done with it, Teemo.”
Tristana answered back, her voice sounding almost offended at his suggestion. “And what if he isn’t a pirate? I mean, look at him. You’ve been around enough humans to know that he’s just a kid Rumble. Besides, he’s a cutie. I’ve never seen a cute pirate. They‘re all dirty and smelly and yucky.”
The one called Rumble gave a snort. “Cute? He’s three times your size, how can you think he’s ‘cute’?”
Teemo spoke up. “Yea Tristana. Just because you think he’s cute doesn’t mean he’s not a Pirate.”
Tristana gave a girlish giggle. “Well, I think he’s adorable, therefore, he can’t be a pirate. So there.”
Rumble groaned and spoke once more. “Cancel what I said before Teemo. You DEFINITELY should’ve killed him.”

Before anyone could speak again, Hyram jumped out of bed and rushed to the door. Or rather, that’s what his brain told his body to do, in actuality, all that happened was his body jumped up out of the bed and immediately collapsed into a heap, his limbs twisting in uncomfortable and painful directions, his head thumping against the floor hard. “Oww…” He whimpered softly as he tried to untangle his limbs. Three shadowed forms stepped up to him and Hyram instantly knew he was in deep trouble. “D-d-don’t kill me! I’m not a pirate!” He yelled out in panic, closing his eyes tightly and looking away, waiting for another dart to hit him, for an unconsciousness he wouldn’t wake up from to claim him.

Nothing of the sort happened. Instead, he heard the one named Tristana speak. “Rumble! See what you’ve done? The poor things terrified! Talking about offing him. You know we Yordles don’t do that type of thing.” Hyram felt hands on his body through the lingering numbness of the poison as he was hefted back into the bed.
The deep voiced Rumble spoke. “…Teemo does.”
The chipper voiced Teemo spoke up. “Hey! That’s only people who really, really deserve it.”
Tristana gave a frustrated growl. “Both of you stop it! No one is going to hurt you, little one. We just had to make sure you weren’t one of Gangplanks brigands.”
They finally managed to untangle his limbs and get Hyram back into the bed . With a quick check of his bandages to make sure he hadn’t re-opened his wounds, they pulled the blanket back up over him.

Tristana spoke again in a comforting tone. “There. See? You’re in Bandle City Hospital. We heard cannon fire from that big fight off the coast. Teemo was sent out to scout for any pirate incursions into Yordle territory, so when he saw you wash up ashore, he thought you were a pirate. He knocked you out and brought you in, so we could treat you and ask you some questions, that’s all. Tell him Teemo.”
Teemo spoke up again. “Yep, that’s right! Scout's honor! If you’re not a pirate, then I’m really, really sorry about that.”
Hyram groaned. “Well, I’m not a pirate. I was their prisoner. They were gonna sell me to someone.” Hyram immediately silenced himself as he realized what he was saying. Here he was, randomly trusting strangers again and telling them how they could turn him in to someone for money. Hyram cursed himself silently.

Tristana gasped. “Sell you? To who? For what? Oh that’s terrible!”
Hyram finally took a moment to look at his new captors and realized suddenly that they were tiny. All of them were probably around half his own diminutive height, maybe a little more. Likewise, they all looked vastly different. Teemo had tan fur covering his whole body, making him look like some type of anthropomorphic rodent. Same for the one called Rumble, except his fur was a light blue. Tristana lacked any fur, but instead had vibrant blue skin and an oddly proportioned body.
Putting it all out of his mind, Hyram finally spoke. “T-that’s not really important is it? I mean, I’m away from them, so that’s great. When will this poison wear off so I can travel again?”

Tristana spoke. “Not important? Those brigands kidnap you for ransom and you don’t think it’s important?” She seemed to be in awe of his dismissal of their crime, not realizing that the truth was Hyram just wanted to escape what he viewed as a new group of potential kidnappers.
“W-well, it’s more important for me to keep moving is all. I gotta get to…" Hyram coughed to stop himself from divulging his destination. “To get home.”
Tristana grinned brightly. “Well, don’t you worry little one. We’ll take you back home post haste! Where do you live? Ionia? Demacia? You seem like a Demacian, probably a young noble man, am I right?”
Hyram noticed Rumble rolling his eyes. Teemo for his part simply stared at the boy in a manner that seemed friendly, but the mages gut told him that the little creature was sizing him up.

Hyram cleared his throat. “N-no need, I can make it on my own. Just need to be on my way is all…” The boy tried to pull himself to his feet shakily, only to have all three of them push him back down onto the bed.
“Whoa, easy there. I hit you with enough knock out poison to down a void beast less then 4 hours ago. You shouldn’t even be awake, let alone trying to move anywhere. “ Teemo said with a sage nod.
“Why not let us help you? It’s the least we can do after shooting you with that dart.” Tristana said with smile.
Hyram opened his mouth to speak, but Rumble interrupted. “Don’t answer now. Rest up. We’ll be back in the morning. You can give us your whole story, then we’ll see about getting you back to where you belong.”

The three Yordles, if Hyram recalled the name correctly, wandered off, Tristana giving the boy a last comforting smile as she closed the door to his room. Hyram was left laying his bed, debating what he would tell the three of them in the morning until sleep finally claimed him.

Morgana stood outside the glowing rune prison. She was back at the Institute of War. Her plan was risky, not just to her, but to her brother as well, but she had no choice. She just had to have faith the boy was strong enough to withstand the challenge. Holding a hand against the runic carvings, the Fallen Angel spoke a spell, causing the runes to fade, then finally grow dark. Almost instantly, something came crashing through the now normal stone wall, giving a roar. It was huge, with multiple insect like arms and the terrifying maw of sharp teeth. It was covered in spikes and when the red and black beast finally turned to the one who freed him, it looked at her like a meal.

Morgana spoke first, no fear in her voice. “Cho’gath. I have an errand for you.”
The void beast Cho’gath gave another feral scream and leaned it’s horrible face in close to the Fallen Angels. “Why should I listen to you, mortal.”
Morgana simply smiled at the void beast. “Because if you do as I ask, I’ll see to it there will be other ‘accidents’ that let you get to have a little fun outside your prison. Go against what I say, and, well…lets just say I can see to it that now only do you stay locked up, but that your ability to even fight on the fields would be…how shall I say…reduced?”

The void beast growled, then fell silent, simply staring at the Fallen Angel for a long moment. Taking that as acceptance of her terms, Morgana spoke again.
“My brother is in Bandle City. I want you to go there, cause a mess. Chase him out of the town. Catch him, if you can, and bring him back to me. Unharmed. That part is very important. Hurt him, and I promise you, you will never see the outside of your cage ever again. Not the fields. Not the void. Nothing.”
Cho’gath finally spoke. “Do not hurt the boy. But…anything else is food…right?”
Morgana nodded at the void beast. “Other then him, do as you wish. Enjoy yourself, and know that if you do as I ask, you’ll have many more nights to enjoy yourself in the future. Agreed?”
Cho’gath turned away from the Fallen Angel. “Agreed. I can see him. Something new in this world. A tiny light afloat a sea of darkness. I will find your light, and bring it back to you.”

Without another word, the void beast gave a final roar and trampled off, moving with amazing speed for such a large creature. Morgana had little doubt that the beast would reach the town by daybreak, exhausted from a full night of running at a flat sprint. That was fine. He wasn’t meant to actually succeed. He was meant only to drive the boy away from the town so that the Pirates could do their wicked work. With a slight grin, Morgana disappeared without a trace as the summoners of the league finally started to arrive.

Cpt Shiba

09-17-2011

bump

Sarkan of Arkham

09-17-2011

Wait... Did Morgana just threaten to have Cho'Gath nerfed? That woman has ALOT of influnce I have to say.

Kuraito

09-18-2011

Chapter 9

In the next morning, Hyram awoke to find his strength fully restored. He sat up in his bed and stretched his muscles, happy to see his wounds were almost completely healed and the dull ache of Gangplanks poison, as well as the numbness brought on by Teemos had faded. Surprised at how quickly he had recovered, the boy rose to his feet, pleasantly surprised to see that his legs were no longer weak and shaky. Taking a look back at where he was laying, he realized that his bed was actually 2 smaller beds placed together. With this in mind, he wasn’t surprised to find he was still without a shirt and wearing his now ragged pants. He flexed his tiny wings, feeling vulnerable to have them so exposed.

Hyram froze. They must have seen his wings. They couldn’t have missed them. That was why the girl, Tristana, had known he wasn’t a pirate. But had they already guessed the link between he and his sisters? Miss Fortune had commented that there was a certain resemblance that she recognized. Where those three yordles also League champions? Had they recognized him? Were they already planning to sell him back to Miss Fortune?

Hyram jumped as the door to his room flew open and the brown furred Teemo and blue skinned Tristana skipped merrily into the room. The blue furred Rumble walked in behind them, shaking his head at his companions gait.
“Morning sleepy head!” Tristana said happily, waving. Teemo gave a slight nod to the boy.
Hyram nodded back, then crossed his arms as he realized his state of relative undress. “Uh…morning.”
Taking a step back and turning toward the bed to pull off the blanket to cover himself, and just as his small white wings were in view of the yordles, he heard a gasp from Rumble. Hyram spun back around, hiding them behind his back once more. “…I can explain…” He said in a rush.

Tristana just gave the boy a wide grin. “I know you can, but I can too. You’re from Kayle and Morgana’s world, right?”
Hyram winced but knew trying to hide it would be pointless now. He nodded to the yordle girl. “Y-yes. My name’s Hyram. I…I’m trying to get to the Institute of War”
Teemo finally spoke. “Why you trying to get there? You looking for Kayle and Morgana? Thinking they might know a way for you to get back home?”
Hyram shook his head. “No, I’m here looking for them.” Hyram glanced at Tristana and spoke. “You’re a Champion aren’t you? Do you know Kayle or Morgana?”
Tristana nodded, her expression bright. “Yep yep. Teemo and I have been champions for about as long as Kayle and Morgana. Rumble joined up later. I know them both about as well as any champion, I suppose.”
Hyram gulped as he stammered over his next question. It was one he had to ask, but he dreaded the answer. “…did…did they mention me? At all?”
Tristana looked at him curiously for a moment, then shook her head. “Uh-uh. They never really talk about home at all though.”

Hyram slumped and sat back down on his bed. “Oh.” He muttered sadly as looked down at the floor. He didn’t notice Teemo moving around behind him to examine the boys wings as Tristana stepped up to the young mage, a look of concern on her face. “What is it?”
Hyram forced a slight smile. “Oh, it’s nothing. Guess they wouldn’t want to mention anything about home while they’re here. So, can you guys point me toward the Institute?”
Tristana chuckled softly. “Still in a rush to get going are you? Wouldn’t you like some supplies? A map, some food, maybe a shirt?”
Hyram blushed slightly. “Y-yea. I guess so. I just, don’t want to impose is all.”
Tristana nodded to Rumble, who threw a brown sack into Hyrams stomach none to gently, almost knocking the wind out of him. Hyram straightened and opened the sack, finding a large, white robe inside. He stood and smiled slightly. “It’s what we could find in your size. Honestly, it’s probably a bit to big for you, but it’s what we had.” Tristana said apologetically.
Hyram shook his head. “It’s perfect. Thank you.”

As Hyram put on the baggy, but comfortable white robe, then gave the yordles a slight smile. Just as he was about to speak, he felt the ground shake beneath his feet. The three yordles looked around curiously, until the ground shook again, even more pronounced then before. A loud warning siren started to sound as he heard yordles rushing about in the streets.
Hyram glanced at the three diminutive champions. “What’s that?”
They didn’t have a chance to reply as the ground shook again, harder this time, causing glasses to rattle off tables and crash to the floor, shattering. Hyram to jumped to his feet as the yordles staggered to keep their footing. “Ok, what was THAT?”
Tristana shrugged as Teemo rushed out toward the window, taking a look outside. He froze as he looked out the window and in a forlorn voice murmured. “…uh oh.”
Hyram and the other two yordles joined Teemo at the window, but Hyram was unprepared for what he saw.

A giant monster was tearing into buildings in the normally peaceful yordle town. It roared as it seemed to devour buildings in chunks, walls, roof and floor. It must have been almost 3 stories tall. Yordles fled from their homes as the monster devoured it, apparently being to small for the giant creature to notice as it fed.
Hyram and the others stared on in shock for a long moment before Tristana finally spoke. “Cho’gath! He escaped from the Institute. We got to stop him!”
Rumble looked at Tristana incredulously. “How? It looks like he ate everything between the Institute and here! He’ll eat half the town before we bring him down!”
With a roar, the monster finally spoke. “BOY! I know you’re here boy! I can sense the light!” Cho’gath screamed between bites out of a small building. "Come out! It's feeding time!"

All three yordles froze and glanced at Hyram as he continued to stare dumbfounded at the monster. Rumble finally spoke. “It wants the kid. I vote we give him up in return for Cho’gath moving on.”
Tristana gasped. “Never! We are not turning over an innocent boy to that monster!”
Rumble growled at the female yordle. “You got a better idea!? He’s gonna start eating people when he runs out of buildings!”
Hyram stood frozen, very pale as he stared at the scene of carnage. He brought this on them. No matter where he went, trouble followed.
Just as Tristana turned to head out to fight, Hyram spun around. “I’ll go! I’ll head out of the town. He’ll follow me. I…I’ll just run.”
Tristana glared at him and shook her head. “That’s suicide, kid. I’m not letting you do that.”
Teemo finally made a noise, clearing his throat. “Well, he could head for the jungle. It’s not far really. Cho’gath would have trouble in there, the kid might be able to lose him in there.”

Before Tristana could speak Hyram cut her off. “It’s how it needs to be. I’m not having this town tore apart under you because of me. Which way is the jungle?”
Teemo nodded and pointed. “Out that way, follow that path, when it splits, take the left path to the west. Keep going west into the jungle. The medicine we gave you should give you a little extra spring in your step for a few hours. Might give you the edge you need.”
Hyram turned and rushed out the door, happy to see that as Tristana reached out of stop him, Rumble grabbed her and pulled her back. “Stop! You’re crazy, all of you! You’ll just get yourself killed out there!”
Tristana’s voice faded into the background as Hyram rushed downstairs and out the door of the hospital. He looked up, seeing the large beast a few hundred yards away. “Hey, ugly! You want me? I’m right here!”

Cho’gath turned from his newest meal, a large administration building, to look for the new voice taunting him. Finally, his large hungry eyes fixated on Hyram and with a roar of delight, it leaped after him, it's progress slowed as it had to squeeze between half-eaten buildings. Hyram took off at a dead sprint down the street, clearing city limits in minutes. As he headed down the tree-lined path, he glanced back to see the monster still in hot pursuit, using it’s sheer girth to knock over the trees it couldn’t go around. Hyram turned his eyes back forward, going left as the path forked, heading deeper into the thickening jungle. “…I hate this plan….” He said through panted breaths, not daring to look back again to see how much ground the monster had gained on him.

123456 ... 8