(very long) Issues that Reds have answered about Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

genarox

02-12-2012

Why off the Tribunal ? or if they have not removed where it is ?

Thanx:
genarox

NecroticBinder

02-13-2012

www.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal I think.

crimsonhunter

02-21-2012

**** tanks a lot dude

guruonu

02-28-2012

I just read a report on a guy who threated his teamates lives in game. he also said he was frieds with a ron that works for riot and would not get banned or reported for his actions & did not care if he did. how does riot deal with its staffs friends acting like this ? and should a riot staff member be even aloud to tell a person friend or any 1 that plays that they are infact a emplyee of riot ?

Im glad that the report of this player did come threw on the tribunal.

I would like to see more in the tribunal tho ... team scores, each players scores, there items, a replay of the game to see if infact the person ran into a turret over & over again and to lawl at the gd ganks & people upset about them & reporting for there own mistakes.

i know this would take alot of server power but it would help alot in judging a chase to see if every 1 on a team was in the 3/8/4 range with a team score of 13/32/18 vs a 32/13/22 and a replay to see that they were just out matchd & out played over some 1 getting gankd twice early game & getting reported for feeding.

i would alost ask with those types of changes a up in the ip reward as it would take more time to review cases and would ask the judging time to be upd as well.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2012

I dont know if you are here or if you got this one but it is a statement stating it will never be fully on autopilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
wat? I didn't say that :/. I said that we wanted to vet that the system is working as we thought (and it is, in fact, you guys are being too lenient in some cases. We found pardons that 'should' have punishes. As such, we continued to tweak) before we throttled it open a bit more. We will never just let the Tribunal system run on full autopilot, and we continue to investigate any reports of false punishment (while I'm not in Player Support to know any numbers on these, they're -very low-, if any).

So tl;dr, no, I don't think anyone here is talking about scrapping the Tribunal in any sense. It's wildly successful imo.

Korpecus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

Uh.....negative. It's not quite difficult at all lol. I didn't pick a hero that others told me I "needed to pick" since they autolocked their heroes, and guess what? If you have been banned once before, you will ALWAYS get in the tribunal. All four of then talked about reporting me all game long, I was like "go ahead, I can pick whatever hero I want." Only game I played that week. Guess what? I got banned. Not to sound bitter, but thanks to this fail system, I can't even fart without some crybaby reporting me, or troll reporting me and getting me banned after my warning. It's obvious neither the player on the case, nor Riot actually read the reports, since I doubt Riot has workers that just read through the thousands of cases in DEPTH per day. The fact people actually believe this, is astounding, and it's more astounding that Riot needs to provide a "net nanny by peers". Honestly, if you turn off your chat filter, you WAIVE the right to complain. It's automatically on, and if they CHOOSE to turn it off, their loss. They are choosing to hear what people are saying. I always tell people, if they don't like it, /ignore me. I don't talk trash back, until it is talked to me. "Be the bigger person" no, this is the nets , in a competitive game. Leave the chat filter on, and don't talk what you can't handle, period. Thanks to trolls just reporting me for anything from I bought the wrong item, to I didn't do what they said, or I didn't pick the hero THEY wanted, my account will prolly see ban since all it does is take one game to get me banned once a month when I play from idiots. On a side note, the customer service is a joke. All I get are auto responses that don't even make sense to what I ask/suggest, and they in general don't care. Used to be a good game back in beta, now Riot has gotten too arrogant for it's britches. Glad I stopped spending money on this a long time ago, not that Riot cares, they told me this in the customer support response :P

Originally Posted by Zileas *******http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/images/buttons/viewpost.gif********
Sorry to hear you are frustrated. Bans resolve at a time which is both a date and a time of day, usually some number of days after the ban is issued.

Getting banned by the tribunal is QUITE difficult. You need to first make it into the tribunal, which requires that you were reported a lot, and then you have to be voted guilty, which requires that your fellow gamers considered you quite guilty -- our standard for guilt IS a super-majority of your peers who you play with every day. In general, we feel that the juries are too lenient and a lot of the 'borderline' cases that get tossed as not guilty are actually quite guilty... But we've left this up to the community to determine how harsh they want the review process to be.

We think we are very fair with this given all that. That being said, I hope your ban resolves soon, and that you enjoy LoL and don't find you have another encounter with the tribunal. If you are a consistently positive influence on your team, it's very unlikely that you'd end up in it again.

Armaldeus

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpecus View Post
Only game I played that week. Guess what? I got banned.
It's not done a weekly basis, after your ban, any report made after that, will add a case, just because that one particular case is a report, doesn't mean it's the one you got banned for. I judged a case from Christmas in February. Just sayin'.

Korpecus

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaldeus View Post
It's not done a weekly basis, after your ban, any report made after that, will add a case, just because that one particular case is a report, doesn't mean it's the one you got banned for. I judged a case from Christmas in February. Just sayin'.
Funny, since I didn't play for 3 months before hand. I highly doubt that's the case, since Riot claims to be "on top" of all this.

Korpecus

03-05-2012

Regardless, just seems my account is gonna get perma banned no matter what I do, since the summoners code is a joke, and states pretty much you can get banned for not catering to people that are being rude. Since if you read it, if your team all tells you to play a champ and you don't, grounds for reporting and banning. Long story short, I don't need a nanny, neither does the rest of the players. Nor do I need trolls deciding whether I can play the game or not that choose to turn off their chat filters after first talking trash. You turn off your chat filter, you are choosing to see it, period.

Armaldeus

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpecus View Post
You turn off your chat filter, you are choosing to see it, period.
Doesn't make it acceptable, even a Red has said that. It's in the first post.