Looking over a case and...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snuggles Galore

Senior Recruiter

01-02-2013

So I was looking over a case. The reported player in question had some minor issues. Reading through the chat a specific player that was not the reported one was extremely vulgar. Slinging racist profanity around and other distasteful words. So I'm left with the reported person who was snarky but not hateful towards the other players. While the other player was being very toxic towards everyone else.

Haven't done tribunal too much but try to read through the chats and get an understanding of the situation. Is there anything I can do when I come across a scenario like this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Derpshot

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggles Galore View Post
So I was looking over a case. The reported player in question had some minor issues. Reading through the chat a specific player that was not the reported one was extremely vulgar. Slinging racist profanity around and other distasteful words. So I'm left with the reported person who was snarky but not hateful towards the other players. While the other player was being very toxic towards everyone else.

Haven't done tribunal too much but try to read through the chats and get an understanding of the situation. Is there anything I can do when I come across a scenario like this?
Pardon the reported, move on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnfnrf

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggles Galore View Post
So I was looking over a case. The reported player in question had some minor issues. Reading through the chat a specific player that was not the reported one was extremely vulgar. Slinging racist profanity around and other distasteful words. So I'm left with the reported person who was snarky but not hateful towards the other players. While the other player was being very toxic towards everyone else.

Haven't done tribunal too much but try to read through the chats and get an understanding of the situation. Is there anything I can do when I come across a scenario like this?
Focus on the reported player and make your best call. The Tribunal will deal with the other player in time (or indeed, already has).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jryiah

Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpshot View Post
Pardon the reported, move on.

This


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-02-2013

You can't simply pardon him.

You need to judge him.

If you believe his actions were not enough to warrant a punishment OR that his actions were justified, then yo can pardon.


Some stuff you say, however, is unjustified no matter the situation (telling people to kill themselves for instance)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Derpshot

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
You can't simply pardon him.

You need to judge him.

If you believe his actions were not enough to warrant a punishment OR that his actions were justified, then yo can pardon.


Some stuff you say, however, is unjustified no matter the situation (telling people to kill themselves for instance)
...Even if they give enemy first blood?
This is outrageous!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpshot View Post
...Even if they give enemy first blood?
This is outrageous!

even so.

Even if they try AP yi mid and feed 0/15 before 20 minutes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-02-2013

If they feed 0/15 before 20 minutes, it's intentional. So while raging doesn't help, and certainly won't stop a troll, a report and punish is definitely in order.