Real Time Tribunal Spectating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obsidian Turtle

01-01-2013

Hi everyone! I have formulated an idea that should work out nearly 100% of LoL's current "trolling" problems, should it be adopted.

There are multiple parts of the idea. Each will be explained in detail.

It has been largely agreed upon that the Tribunal is currently flawed. It has a relatively small amount of active users, and the judgment applied upon someone is not always absolutely accurate.

My idea is to have an "observation room" of sorts added to the game client. This would be a kind of enhanced spectator mode, where members of the League community could not only spectate a game, but also determine whether or not the players in the game are following the Summoner's Code.

The Observer's queue would place them in the pre-game lobby of another game, when the game itself starts. (No 3 minute delay for the pre-game monitor.) However, the Observers would only see messages sent directly to the Observer's lobby. The observers would not be able to see the player's username, and vice versa.

Players should have an option when joining a queue to prefer to have their game observed. However, this does not guarantee an observed or unobserved game.

Teams of Observers should consist of at least 5 different people. The creation of parties should be impossible, in order to remain unbiased, and to prevent groups of trolls to enter an Observer queue.

Inside the pre-game lobby, if the team of Observers deems a player a "troll", they may make a unified decision to kick that player from the game, and start a new queue. The first time a player is kicked, he should receive no re-queue wait time (Like a dodge counter). However, every time he is kicked after the initial kick, he should have a 5 minute re-queue time added to his current re-queue time. The number of kicks a player has received will be reset daily.

After the pre-game is complete, the 3 minute timer would then initiate, like normal spectators. In game, the idea is much alike the pre-game, however with a 3 minute delay. Players could send messages privately to the Observer room, and the Observers would see these messages when they reached that part of the game. (After 3 minutes.) Observers would also see 'All' chat messages, and Team chat might also be observed.

At the end of the game, the team of Observers assigned to that game could flag a player with a reason, similar to the Report function. If this player has been flagged more than 25 times in a week, he should receive a time ban that is relative to how many flags he has that week. This could be calculated by:
Ban time = 1 day + ((Flags - 25)(0.75)) hours.

The Observer's queue should prioritize games without any players already watched by said Observer.

All players with any type of account ban should be prohibited from joining the Observer's queue for a time calculated by the player's most recent ban time * 10.

Possible Chat commands:

Player:
/O, /Observer (Message) [Sends a message to the Observing team]

Thank you for reading, and please post any suggestions below.

Fudouri

01-01-2013

First, I disagree with your premises.

Now, to your idea.

big problem I see is, what would make a person become an observer?
Currently, I do tribunal when I do not have access and time to play a game. Sounds like an observer requires the time and commitment of playing a game, at which point, I would obviously play a game instead.

Jeddite

01-01-2013

Quote:
It has been largely agreed upon that the Tribunal is currently flawed. I
No, it has not been. No need to read past that.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-01-2013

When I disagree with an idea, I try to give constructive criticism and point out the parts that I liked or was neutral about in addition to commenting on the parts I didn't like. That's difficult to do in this case, because this is a very bad idea. Incredibly low effort-to-outcome ratio.

You're talking about having people invest upwards of an hour of time spectating a game just for the sole purpose of being able to file a report just in case someone in that game does something reportable. Aren't there already 9 other people who can do file that report? Why trust a spectator report more than the players?

Shelzin

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudouri View Post
First, I disagree with your premises.

Now, to your idea.

big problem I see is, what would make a person become an observer?
Currently, I do tribunal when I do not have access and time to play a game. Sounds like an observer requires the time and commitment of playing a game, at which point, I would obviously play a game instead.
Agreed.

But it is an entertaining idea.

Obsidian Turtle

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBoyItsaMegaman View Post
When I disagree with an idea, I try to give constructive criticism and point out the parts that I liked or was neutral about in addition to commenting on the parts I didn't like. That's difficult to do in this case, because this is a very bad idea. Incredibly low effort-to-outcome ratio.

You're talking about having people invest upwards of an hour of time spectating a game just for the sole purpose of being able to file a report just in case someone in that game does something reportable. Aren't there already 9 other people who can do file that report? Why trust a spectator report more than the players?
Then why is there a spectator feature?

Fudouri

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Guy Wesker View Post
To watch your friends play! At least so far that's the only time I've used it.

In fact, what i REALLY want is the ability to watch only one side but not be on 5 min delay. Then I can have conversation with my friend while one of us plays without having to figure out what i (or they) did 5 minutes ago.

Calys Teneb

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Guy Wesker View Post
Damn good question. God knows I've never felt the need to use it. But apparently people on the forums were ****ting their pants to have it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

The Tribunal maintains objectivity by distributing each case to a random, large pool of judges. This system, while an interesting idea, would not retain that objectivity, because the observation is both voluntary and probably limited to a very much smaller group then any given Tribunal case.

On top of that, people already spend too much time typing and not enough time playing, and I fear having the option to type to some overseer group to complain and blame would only make this worse.

Derpshot

01-01-2013

The thought of having sereg aurgnfarng watching my every move and analyzing what im saying... *shivers*