What a Tank actually is: [IMO]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Mathrotus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2010

Hey, hey.
Now.

Tank IS a role.

Dont ****ing bull**** me.

Don't tell me you think you can win a teamfight if youre team is composed of Singed, and 4 dpses. Singed will initiate, only to find out he's unable to defend his teammates after that.

I'm not saying an initiator isn't important. I'm just saying a team composed of Singed, Chogath, and 3 dpses, is better than a team composed of singed (or whatever other initiator you want) and 4 dpses.

rmandraque

05-14-2010

Thank you, but dont bother really, they want to ban everybody as I understand. Your logic must be completely wrong by what they say.

Vangu

05-14-2010

I disagree witht hat Mathrotus I think a team with blitz and four dps could outkill singed,cho and 3dps. That is to say both teams are of even skill I think Blitz has the ability to wreck teams with his grab.

rmandraque

05-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangu View Post
I disagree witht hat Mathrotus I think a team with blitz and four dps could outkill singed,cho and 3dps. That is to say both teams are of even skill I think Blitz has the ability to wreck teams with his grab.
No. You are not disproving him, it just so happens that the team with blitz doesnt have a tank. And teams dont necessarily need a tank, while they do always need an initiator.

Lord Mathrotus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangu View Post
Yes because blitz has 2 CCs and a good fight presence.
As I said, most initiators are tanks. But not all tanks are initiators.

On a side note singed is probably not the best initiator.

I'm pretty sure a team made of blitz + 4 dps wouldnt beat amumu + cho + 3 dps.

On a side note, tanks are pretty much the opposite of initators;
they try and make sure the other team is unable to initiate.

What would happen if singed was trying to initiate but mr fatgentleman was just standing in his way silencing him?

Most probably nothing... until the other singed/amumu/blitzcrank initiated.

Hamsamwich

05-15-2010

I don't see what is wrong with the OP... But i guess Dota has more jerks in game, but lol has more jerks in forums :P

^By jerks i mean over reactors, you are over reacting because he used the word role. But then again i have no opinion on this topic.