What a Tank actually is: [IMO]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rmandraque

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
You're making it seem as Tank is a role. Which isn't, assuming you define it as such. Stop putting words in my mouth, troll. Reading my posts will actually help you understand before you go on long rants attacking a straw man.

And why should I discuss in a thread which should've been a reply to the other thread?

Well, it is. It is useful to have bulky characters in your team just for its own sake. Who attacks the tower first? the tank. Not always the initiator, but the tank. And I'm sure most would agree that you need at least one heavy bulky character per team.

And you are trolling, you are just dismissing anything I say without adding anything to the discussion. Maybe you should be banned?

EchoRex

05-14-2010

You're wrong. Sorry, but if you would actually read my thread instead of trolling, you would know why.

Carados

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmandraque View Post
Who attacks the tower first? the tank.
You have one point to prove that Tank is a useful role on a team and that point is PvE in a primarily PvP game.

Minus that tanking the tower through a rotation is much more efficient.

rmandraque

05-14-2010

Well all i got to say is good luck to newbies and done be afraid to look else were for help. These are the people helping you out, that dont even want to discuss anything and want you to believe logically wrong definitions. If you have any questions you can ask me in game and I will be glad to help, as you can see I have more experience than these two flamers, and I have experience with many champs and I wouldnt mid helping you out with anything at all.

EDIT: @carados, really? thats what you think I mean. Have you ever had a game without at least one tanked out character? ****. I did believe in your definition when i first began playing but it is very detrimental to believe that definition as it is just wrong and misleading and very confusing.

Reivur

05-14-2010

rmandraque. We don't see eye to eye about the topic, however, please remember what board you're on. You are offering advice that many people find ill-advised, so its bound to be questioned. You need to calm down and keep a stoic tone about it though; new players are going to be reading your argument, and supporting your theory with a temper tantrum for your tone is neither endearing nor gets across your point.

If you can't handle scrutiny and debate in a reasonable tone you may want to take it to a different board in the mean time. In your current state even if your advice was from the developers themselves its still all hostile in content and not very conducive to learning.

Umbronox

05-14-2010

People wonder how you keep aggro in this game if you are a tank. Well, a tank not only needs to take damage, but have enough damage output so that he is a threat to the enemy. Look at Malphite and Shen. They both gain damage from their tanking ability, so if the enemy DOESNT kill you, you are still dealing damage. Sure they could go straight for your dps, but the tank follows up with disables/damage.

rmandraque

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivur View Post
rmandraque. We don't see eye to eye about the topic, however, please remember what board you're on. You are offering advice that many people find ill-advised, so its bound to be questioned. You need to calm down and keep a stoic tone about it though; new players are going to be reading your argument, and supporting your theory with a temper tantrum for your tone is neither endearing nor gets across your point.

If you can't handle scrutiny and debate in a reasonable tone you may want to take it to a different board in the mean time. In your current state even if your advice was from the developers themselves its still all hostile in content and not very conducive to learning.
Really? because if I remember all i said was, "I think that definition is wrong, so check mine out", and they proceeded to demand that I be banned. How am I the hostile one? When they dont even read what I say, which is in actually VERY similar to what he is saying but it's alot clearer and uses the right terms. He is just blinded by his ego to see that, since I'm saying that he is wrong, which I still think he is.

I'll make it simple: My problem is that I heard the same erronous things that Echo7 said when I began playing the game, and it is a BAD definition to give to knew players. It is confusing and doesnt trully explain through the words themselves what the specific heroes are doing.

I have no respect for somebody that doesnt even read or understand what I said yet calls for me to be banned. I'm sorry if that lack of respect for such a person with such a way of thinking showed through my post.

Iron Bible

05-14-2010

rmandraque, you're wrong. If only Pendragon were around to ban you, for creating mayhem in a place that should be full of learning.

rmandraque

05-14-2010

W.e. I'm done and I hope for the new that yall dont confuse new players too much. Even Echo7 said his definition is confusing(I WONDER WHY), but it'll let him live with that since yall seem fine confusing new players. If any new players want to know what I meant msg me in game and I'll be happy to help, and you will probably learn more than you think you will about this game.

EchoRex

05-14-2010

Then stop posting. You're the only person who can't understand what has been said.

And I never said anything of the sort, though claiming I did is yet another poor choice of temper that is misleading and factually incorrect that you've posted.

Hell, everyone should stop posting here, let this abortion of a thread die.