Early Account-Level Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skye Veran

4 Weeks Ago

I've been spending my last few games (custom vs AI and PvP normals both) trying to jungle with Kha'Zix, with downright embarrassing results - nearly dying to jungle creeps, recalling after only 1 camp, etc. It was only during my last game that one of the players pointed out that the entire reason duo top lane exists is because new players don't have the runes and masteries needed to survive in the jungle.

So, now I feel like I have two options. I can continue to jungle very easily with Warwick even on my lv 13 account, because he has crazy good sustain and decent ganks post-lv6. Or I could try doing what everyone recommends *not* to do and buy runes. Or both.

If I were to spend 1670 IP on all the tier-2 Armor runes I'm able to slot, I would be stacking 11.48 armor at the start of the game. Would this give me enough of an edge to make it worth the purchase? Is that amount of armor enough to make a difference in the early-game jungle?

Ponziani

4 Weeks Ago

I really would recommend not to buy runes until your level 20+, you need to save your IP for trying new champs, etc. right now. Once you need to buy tier 3 runes, you'll regret wasting your IP for tier 2 runes.

Anyway, he was right...it really is hard to jungle without good runes/masteries, but if you get a good leash in the beginning you can possibly get a nice start.

So, it's up to you...why do you have a level 13 account and level 6 account? Seems a little strange...

Skye Veran

4 Weeks Ago

"Level 6" was referring to Warwick's character level, when he gets his ultimate and is much more effective at ganking. =)

Ponziani

4 Weeks Ago

Ah, sorry. I skimmed over that part lol. Well, I would suggest you keep jungling if you really like it. After all, it's not unplayable, like I said, just ask for a good leash (2-3 people helping you depending where you spawn, and what buff your starting at).

evilsnowmanuno

4 Weeks Ago

Just buy zac. he is the most OP jungler as he can heal himself even after taking massive damage, has a low cooldown gapcloser , can take lots of damage and can also do damage of his own

PranoX

4 Weeks Ago

Well understand this, if you wanna jungle this early you should use junglers with good sustain like warwick(what your using). Dont use champions that have low sustain / need a lot of help to get started. Because other beginners most likely wont help you, so you have to fend for yourself lol.

Goodluck

Dzanio

4 Weeks Ago

Jax can jungle without runes.

PenIceland

4 Weeks Ago

Buy one tier 1 quint and six tier 1 marks, seals, and glyphs. It'll cost you more or less 850 IP and serve you until level 20 when you can swap them out for tier 3 runes which are much more costly although way more beneficial. I wish someone had told me that back then instead of the generic 'dont gaf about runes until 20' response. Also, never get tier 2 runes as they are a waste of money in comparison to tier 1's. Btw, look into going X/2/0 masteries (the 2 defense being the monster protection ones) when jungling early on and maybe try out a good sustain jungler like Fiddlesticks. He's probably not a tier 1 jungler like Elise but he is most certainly a tier 2 if anything. His ultimate is godly and he only costs 1350 IP too.

Couwcouw

4 Weeks Ago

I can jungle with most champion and i have +9 armor in runes at the beginning.

You can try Udyr who's free this week and very easy to jungle with it, even if he doesnt have a "healing" ability, you can stay in the jungle for a big time.

SirRan

Master Recruiter

4 Weeks Ago

I prefer just playing Bot games with no jungle till you hit level 20 to buy the runes, it makes a really big difference and helps with early game clearing.