[BUYING] Digital Collector's Pack + Champions Bundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

Before buying, I made a quick research, on how much it would cost me, what I would get out of it, and if it was really going to give me the edge over other players, and have more fun in League of Legends.

First of all, both the packs stands at:

55$ US
or
44 Europe

NOTE: "Collector's Pack: As you know we've offered a Collector's Pack, which comes with 20 Champions unlocked right away, and a lot of other valuable content (4 runes, $10 in Riot Points and an exclusive skin) (here's which Champions are in this bundle). The Collector's Pack is available on the web.

Champion's Bundle:
For those who would like to have all 40 initial Champions available to them on the first day the store opens, there is a compliment to the Collector's Pack with the other 20 Champions included. It will typically be available in the store for $30 worth of Riot Points, but right now we're discounting it to $25. If you have bought the Collector's Pack, you'll already have $10 of Riot Points (so the total price of both the Collector's Pack and the Champions Bundle will be $44.99 for a limited time). You will have all 40 launch Champions available immediately, but as we roll out new Champions, they will have to be unlocked.)."

44.99 USD = 35.9240 EUR

So for as low as 36 you can get 40 CHAMPIONS, plus the week's freebies!

And for that price this is what you get:

Alistar
Amumu
Anivia
Annie (+ Goth Annie Skin)
Ashe
Blitzcrank
Chogath
Corki
Dr. Mundo
Evelynn
Fiddlesticks
Gangplank
Heimmerdinger
Janna
Jax
Karthus
Kassadin
Katarina
Kayle
Malphite
Master Yi
Morgana
Nasus
Nunu
Rammus
Ryze
Shaco
Singed
Sion
Sivir
Soraka
Taric
Teemo
Tristana (+ RIOT Girl Tristana with Facebook)
Tryndamere
Twisted Fate
Twitch
Veigar
Warwick
Zilean

Greater Mark of Malice
Greater Seal of Vitality
Greater Glyph of Knowledge
Greater Quintessence of Revival

1380 RIOT POINTS

Also, this what you WON'T get:

Akali (3150)
Ezreal (6300)
Garen (3150)
Poppy (1350)
Pantheon (3150)
Nidalee (3150)
Mordekaiser (3150)
Kennen (6300)
Shen (3150)
Udyr (3150)

(NOTE: The numbers between parenteses is their IP price).

So yeah, if you're not a skin addict, I believe it's a worthy purchase, you will miss out on very used champions such as Mordekaiser, Shen, Udyr, Ezreal, etc. but if you do it like I will, buying it on a new, level 1 account, you can skip on buying runes until level 21, and ask for good, high elo friends to carry you on 5vs5 map until then, being able to use IMBA champions like Jax all the way through it, and buying all the missing characters, then, stack on tier 3 runes.

So yeah, if you ever thought about it, this is a short analysis for you.

Starke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

Also do you think this characters are worth a 15$ bundle?

Akali (3150)
Ezreal (6300)
Garen (3150)
Poppy (1350)
Pantheon (3150)
Nidalee (3150)
Mordekaiser (3150)
Kennen (6300)
Shen (3150)
Udyr (3150)

FogSpy

05-13-2010

I bought the collectors pack a few weeks ago, and I believe that is all you really need. Though there are some very cool heroes in the champion bundle, i would rather save IP or buy an RP card and buy the 2-3 that I would play often. I dont really think its necessary to have all 40 beginning champs, because honestly, how often will you play, lets say, Kassadin or Janna. I have thought about buying the bundle, but overall I think it is better to focus on few champs.
I'm not saying don't buy the bundle though, I might end up buying it anyways just to support RIOT and the awesome (sequel-ish) game they made.

If you are going to buy only one, the collectors pack is probably the way to go, and it is also a very good deal. Target sells it for $20, and you can get it without having to move from RIOT for $30. Assuming you get it for $30, subtract the $10 of RIOT points and each champion costs $1. If you get it for $20, each champion costs $.5

Starke

05-13-2010

No, i'm definitely buying both, this was a analysis for everyone, also, I do like Janna, and Kassadin is great just to change the pace, doing something different you know.

Pyrolistical

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekatonchires View Post
Also do you think this characters are worth a 15$ bundle?

Akali (3150)
Ezreal (6300)
Garen (3150)
Poppy (1350)
Pantheon (3150)
Nidalee (3150)
Mordekaiser (3150)
Kennen (6300)
Shen (3150)
Udyr (3150)
Yeah, I'd buy that for $15

Starke

05-13-2010

Or that and some skins. ^^

Gardenia

05-13-2010

It's totally worth the money. I asume or at least hope, that Riot makes another bundle when we reach 60 characters and put the recent twenty in that one.

myheadhz

05-13-2010

I bought both bundles, and really regretting it because I rarely get to play (between server downtime/extended server downtime, and real life), or have the desire to play much anymore. This game is going downhill.

If anyone is debating buying either of the bundles...I'd personally suggest sending money to feed a starving African because at least that way your money is helping someone (and not being wasted), and if you buy champions your money is probably feeding a guy who Gragas was modeled after (and being wasted).

After playing for a little while you know which champions you like, and which you don't. Just save up your IP and buy them when you are able to. You don't need runes until level 21 anyways.

My two cents.

Starke

05-14-2010

Yeah, the servers downtime and instability really gave me a second thought about, it's almost ludicrous, in the last 3 days at least it has been SO bad, like, it's more the time you can't access, or have a crappy, laggy access, then the time you spend actually playing and enjoying the game.

Starke

05-14-2010

BUMP

With the new LOL Euro news, I might just buy them there, IF the servers are more stable.