Hp per lvl seals > dodge seals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnyOtherEnemy

05-13-2010

The reason that dodge seals (and any other defense, armor, magic resist) are better than HP per level is because you are hardly ever at full HP. HP runes give you EHP one time-- when you refill at fountain or happen to heal to full while away. Dodge and MR give you mitigation _every single attack_ (a chance in the case of dodge, and every magic damage for MR). Over the course of the game, dodge and MR and armor will provide hundreds of times the mitigation of HP runes. The only time HP runes are better is if you enter a fight at full health, and even then I question the math.

Balders

05-13-2010

i'm a Sivir player, so consider this a biased opinion

I feel dodge is a constant if sometimes fickle stat but one i will not give up on for a few measly hp. I have rarely found myself wanting for a small hp boost when you can completely avoid possibly lethal on hit effects.
Not a particularly rational or math based thought, but one I swear by.
Nothing is more satisfying than dodging a gold card to escape a situation you really should be punished for

NIMBLENESS

AnyOtherEnemy

05-13-2010

Personally I love that everyone gets dodge cause as it turns out you can't dodge a fire bear falling from the sky.

CounterCraft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmins View Post
Dodging on-hit effects is pretty **** useful, e.g. TF's gold card.
As TF main...
Sadly, it's true.

5HATCOMBO

05-13-2010

Look, just because ALL OF THE BEST PLAYERS in the game take dodge seals DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY ARE GOOD!!!!!1111111 I did this math and LOOK its clearly better R U STUPED??? LOL. Dont be dumb u cant argue with science.

Sexual Walrus

05-13-2010

There are dozens of times in this game, playing a variety of champs, where I would have gotten a kill but didn't because of dodge. Sure, numbers dont lie, but they dont tell the whole story.

Just yesteday as Ashe I came to mid to get a Karthus that was low on HP. I volleyed him, but then he dodged not one, not two, but THREE of my frost arrows in a row. Sure the odds of that happening are pretty astronomically low, but having extra top-end HP wouldn't have saved him, having merc treads and dodge runes did, because he managed to get back to his tower in time.

5HATCOMBO

05-13-2010

The point is that ASIDE from giving you EHP, they give you a percent chance PER HIT to dodge an attack. That means it factors in when you are a few hits away from dying regardless of your max hp, whereas hp runes just give you a bigger ceiling, which is insignificant even compared to say, a ruby crystal. When you start to take things like regeneration and crits/on-hit effects/not standing there like a noob into account it's clear why dodge is better.

Good job on the math, but you're not calculating what matters. EHP does not equate directly to survivability. It might if you just stand there and get hit by **** all the time, but usually top players don't, and that's why they take dodge.

malphismia

05-14-2010

How many times have you escape with that lovely huge 6% dodge chance from runes (maybe 8% with masteries)? Especially from casters.

How many times have you escaped with 20-100 health? (considering hp/lvl gives 198 health)

I'm going to go with hp/level runes.

I really don't understand your arguments either. Just because hp/level increases the ceiling hp, doesn't mean it's useless. Any damage you would have taken with the runes decreases the same amount if you didn't have the runes. So it doesn't only help if you only had full health

Eppa

05-14-2010

The obvious answer to "Escape with 5%" is the fact that it will sometimes work against you as well.

RNG is a coin toss your hp and your opponents hp now have a random variable (which from a design perspective is ******ed) It does not mean just because you get lucky sometimes that it helps a greater amount.

Kelin

05-14-2010

... but if I dodge, I slam the E button and stun whole teams.