Hp per lvl seals > dodge seals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamyDays

Senior Member

05-13-2010

I do agree that dodge is great.


I just want to point out that Armor and MR does not have diminishing return by themselves.

Armor and MR increases your EHP linearly.

Think :
You take (Armor / (100 + Armor)) reduced Physical Damage.
You take 1 - (Armor / (100 + Armor)) = ( 100 / (100 + Armor) ) damage, compared to 0 Armor.
You effectively have ( (100 + Armor) / 100 ) = 1 + ( Armor / 100 ) more health.

Conclusion : You have (Armor) % more EHP against physical attacks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eppa

Senior Member

05-13-2010

^ I think MR and armor work differently where are armor is linear and mr is not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disolve View Post
Your dodge runes are also worthless if you don't win the RNG lottery.
Actually, dodge is worthless unless if we win the RNG lottery unless you expect the chance of dodging to be more then 7% of physical attacks. It's also extremely useful if we win the RNG lottery in the other direction. The amount of attacks dodged will always be a bell curve centered around your dodge chance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamyDays

Senior Member

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
^ I think MR and armor work differently where are armor is linear and mr is not.
AFAIK Armor and MR both use the same formula, they display the same reduced damage if you have the same Armor / MR values.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khranz

Senior Member

05-13-2010

You can dodge crits/parley/mystic shot/etc... HP/lvl does nothing special against physical burst.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAnarchist View Post
Better as a baseline? No offense but it isn't. Check leaguecraft and tell me its better. Its just like I said the hp/per lvl seals give more EHP at almost all stages of the game.

Your statement about damage of unknown numbers being avoided is illusionary and shows a lack of understanding.



Consider this.

You have 3000 HP. A melee guy is hitting you for 500 HP a strike. You have 6.75% chance to dodge. On average you will dodge about 1 in 15 strikes. He'll kill you in 6 strikes. So its no help whatsoever on average.

If you took the hp/per lvl you'd have an extra 174.96 health at lvl 18. You'd take 7 strikes to kill.


Consider this.

You have 3000 HP. A melee guy is hitting you for 200 HP a strike. You have 6.75% chance to dodge. On average you will dodge about 1 in 15 strikes. He'd kill you in 15 strikes. On average you'll dodge 1 strike, so it'll take him 16 strikes.

If you took the hp/per lvl you'd have an extra 174.96 health at lvl 18. You'd also take 16 strikes.


Consider this.

You have 3000 HP. A melee guy is hitting you for 100 HP a strike. You have 6.75% chance to dodge. On average you will dodge about 1 in 15 strikes. He'd kill you in 30 strikes. On average you'll dodge 2 strikes, so it'll take him 32 strikes.

If you took the hp/per lvl you'd have an extra 174.96 health at lvl 18. You'd also take 32 strikes.


Before someone says I've used lvl 18 health values, I only did that for simplicitys sake. Obviously earlier in the game dodge runes are more effective against physical damage. However they have no affect on magic damage at any point in the game which is why the hp/ per lvl runes are better lvl 5ish +.

Sorry to single you out but you're a yellow poster and really that is at the heart of the debate here. Everyone thinks dodge runes are better because the best players use them. Frankly the best players are wrong to do so unless the majority of damage being done is physical (not including towers).
Feel free to post what you like, but the reason dodge is better as a 'baseline' stat is because lvls 1-5 are more important than lvl 5 when you claim hp runes per lvl earn their real value. Team fights, ganks, and just periodic ranged champion damage at early levels is what sway games, and why I like having dodge early. also, you can dodge minions etc. so the overall value is just good all round for the pve aspects of the game and when u are harassing people in a creep wave. True negation i would take over hp anyday, but you do need your fair share of both.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sad Faced Panda

Senior Member

05-13-2010

Quite simply late game you can dodge a huge hit or a gold card or any other number of things. 175 hp is how much you gain from seals and you can sure as hell bet you can dodge more damage than that in a fight.

IMHO, Dodge should be removed or be made so abilities can't be dodged. So ****ing sick of gold card being dodged.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonegnasher

Senior Member

05-13-2010

Three reasons why you're wrong:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khranz View Post
You can dodge crits/parley/mystic shot/etc... HP/lvl does nothing special against physical burst.
1. This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Once you buy Ninja Tabi you are dodging 1 of 5, a 20% decrease to all physical damage before mitigation takes effect.
2. This.

3. Nimbleness.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-13-2010

Quote:
The fact that HP/Lvl helps with turrets is not an argument. you shouldn't be hit by turrets...
What if you are the tank? I personally think Rammus is a good candidate for HP per level seals since he can have tons of armor and MR with DBC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Faced Panda View Post
Quite simply late game you can dodge a huge hit or a gold card or any other number of things. 175 hp is how much you gain from seals and you can sure as hell bet you can dodge more damage than that in a fight.

IMHO, Dodge should be removed or be made so abilities can't be dodged. So ****ing sick of gold card being dodged.
Gold card is a self-buff to your next attack that applies an on-hit stun. It is NOT an attack in and of itself. (If it was, Sivir could block the whole thing, but as is Spell Shield won't stop the normal attack damage)