Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hp per lvl seals > dodge seals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zodiacshape

07-07-2010

Quote:
MatadorRED:
If you're playing Sivir or Jax, you would be crazy not to get Dodge + Nimbleness.

When it comes HP or Dodge, I would say HP for casters, Dodge for DPS.

When it comes to most tanks, however, dodge or HP/level is not even an option.

For amumu, malphite, rammus you better be packing MP5/lvl seals. Any tank that rushes chalice instead of a tank item is just a garbage tank lol Leave your runes for mana regen, get tank items like banshees/frozen heart that up mana pool, but dont ever get chalice on a tank (you'll have to farm more for ACTUAL tank items). Shen is exempt from this group obviously.

Of course there are exceptions as Sivir has a passive dodge increase so it makes sense but most of the time I find hp better on ranged. Jax is melee anyways so I would go dodge. On those tanks I prefer mp5 glyphs that way I can put dodge on seals or more hp.

Vermifax

Recruiter

07-08-2010

Flat hp is better than hp/level anyway. Runes are most game effecting early game than mid to late.

KimchiDestroyer

07-08-2010

dodge +1...

KhaoticImp

07-08-2010

nimbleness + dodge = win
That's all I need to know.

FreeBeers

07-08-2010

Quote:
KhaoticImp:
nimbleness + dodge = win
That's all I need to know.

correction: nimbleness + dodge = small ms gain

0Wolfheart0

07-08-2010

Yesterday I dodged Shaco's deceive. He was very happy with that.

Not to mention poppy q, twisted fate gold card, gankplank parrley and all on-hit effects like teemo or twich poisons, ashe q, udyr bear form stun or tiger form dot, frozen mallet hits, lizard buff.... =)

hotHEAT

07-08-2010

man this leaguecraft stuff is annoying. do hp per level runes dodge gold cards and proc nimbleness when running? stuff goes beyond leaguecraft man.

naroom

02-26-2011

The math is based on the assumption that neither player will run away from the fight.

This is a bad assumption. In practice, both players are constantly estimating whether they will win the fight. If the enemy thinks he's gonna lose (e.g. because your HP is way higher than his), he will GTFO.

But, if he thinks he's gonna win, he'll stay. Then you get a lucky dodge and eat him. NOM NOM NOM.

Draygo Korvan

02-26-2011

Dodge lets you avoid getting cc'd by ashe's auto attack, and procs nimbleness so you can actually escape her.

also there is a good chance you are soaking minion aggro as a tank, and getting nimbleness proc'd from minions is super helpful for mobility in teamfights.

Increased max hp can hurt you sometimes

see kogma, bloodrazor.

10% movespeed increase is not small...

ForeverLaxx

02-26-2011

Necro Posting is fun. Apparently.