Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hp per lvl seals > dodge seals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blinding Arrow

06-18-2010

combine with ninja tabs, and phantom (if ur dps) and u'll dodge more then 25% of ur incoming attacks ... so i rather stick to my dodge seals

radica

06-19-2010

mana/regenperlvl>all

Zelaín

07-05-2010

Quote:
Lynxion:
How is this even a topic. There are ****ing TWO items in the game that give dodge, there are at least 20+ items that give HP. And 6.8% Dodge is MUCH more valuable than 175 hp simply because mid-lategame a dodged attack usually means 300+ damage. It also stops things like poison, slow, stun.

This guy is on the money, health is considerably cheaper to buy in game than dodge and easier to work into an efficient build. dodge is hard to buy and almost always a compromise to get.

and for tanks getting ninja tabis + dodge runes at approx lvl 6. == 20% physical damage mitigation, and leaves you free to buy MR gear (oh look Force of Nature comes with health regen)

and lets be honest most games are won and lost by what happens up to lvl 10

i'm not saying that its better in all situations, but it is a very strong choice, especially for tanks who can work more health into their build if it is needed.

p.s. the guys saying that dodge is useless in a 6 hit fight because it is a 1 in 15 chance are idiots and should leave the conversation and go back to their highschool class on probability.

SubtlePanda

07-05-2010

I have a god **** headache reading all this ****. Let's just play the game. K bye.

Dimensionist

07-06-2010

Quote:
radica:
mana/regenperlvl>all

This, someone who gets it...

poornewb

07-06-2010

dodge dont protect against spells, health does

what kills you more, spells or auto attacks?

peyo

07-06-2010

Quote:
poornewb:
dodge dont protect against spells, health does

what kills you more, spells or auto attacks?

dodge protects from some spells
dodge protects from on-hit effects
dodge protects from minions early
dodge protects from autoattacks

it is enough to dodge 1 autoattack from noncaster champ or dodge 1 attack with Lich Bane from caster to make it way better.

xzymethx

07-06-2010

with dodge seals i often lose early 1on1
with hp seals i often win the 1on1 with like 20hp leavt...

also, when i survive with 10hp in a lategame 5on5 fight, im glad i had hp runes

Arancil

07-06-2010

Anecdotes along the line of "Well I have survived with 20hp thanks to HP runes" or "I dodged Parrley a couple of times" are kind of pointless.

They don't give you the important thing; The big picture, and averages.

See, this one time, I may have survived due to a crit doing 6 points of extra damage, which was just enough to kill the opponent before he offed me, so I should get +% crit damage seals, right? Sure, I'd get more from marks, but since it helped in that situation, it's better than %dodge, HP flat or HP/lvl.

Yeah. Anecdotal evidence that it has saved my ass a couple of time. Well, guess what? In that same situation, another option could potentially have saved you as well.

As much as you can theorycraft back and forth, they will have different uses based on what items you are getting, what masteries you are using and what champion you are playing as. I don't really see the use in trying to prove that one is better than the other either in general or a specific situation, when most of those are very artifical scenarios.

Zizzefex

07-06-2010

Wow wtf is with these noobs who think they are smart. The 200ish HP you get from hp/level runes is not 200 EHP... it is 400 EHP with your base 100ish armor at level 18(minus whatever armor pen they got). With 200 armor (very common)... your 200 hp you got from hp/level is not 200 HP... it is 600 EHP (less if they have massive armor pen). Yes.... that 200 hp from hp/level does indeed take a 600 damage crit if you have 200 armor and they don't have armor pen.

That does not even start with the fact hp/level helps vs towers, spells (biggest burst you'll get hit by). I used to like dodge runes way back when I started the game... thinking man at 5k hp the dodge runes would give the greatest survivability by far. Well.... at 5k hp that would be true.... anything under 2 items it is not better at all.