[Guide] How to see someone's hidden ranked Elo (below 1250)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFungus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

As you may or may not know, when someone has a ranked Elo of below 1250 (having played at least 5 or 10 (?) ranked games beforehand), it is invisible to you and others if you check their profile. It simply displays "Unranked".

But you won't accept that. You want to see your scrubby friend's Elo to see if he's lying about being 1100. He's probably 800. Or you want to see just how low random forum posters are rated. Either way, with this neat little trick I discovered a few weeks ago, you'll be able to see anyone's ranked Elo!

Step 1: Find someone whose ranked rating is invisible (it says "Unranked") and who has played at least 5 or 10 (?) ranked games in the same category.

Step 2: Go to YOUR profile. Type the player's name in the box at the top right corner of the interface but DON'T PRESS ENTER YET.

Step 3: What you need to do next requires some degree of correct timing. You need to press ENTER to make the game go to the player's profile. WHILE IT'S LOADING, you need to click on the button that redirects you to YOUR OWN PROFILE. This will make the player's rating appear for A SECOND OR TWO before it reverts to yours.

Sometimes, a trick to make it work easily is when you press enter, the big red Play button will become gray for about a second. When it goes back to red, that is when you want to click on your profile button.

Note that if you fail to make this work, you will have to search for a different name due to yet another bug in the client that doesn't let you search for the same name twice in a row. For example, if I fail with the name "realcoolxhero", I will need to input something else in the search box, like "realcoolxher", to reset it. This will let me try the bug again.

I'm not sure if this works on an account that doesn't have a rating in the category that you're trying to check. I tested this on my account, which is above 1250.

TL;DR:

1. Go to your profile
2. Type someone's name in the search box
3. Press enter and click on the profile button while it's loading the player's profile
You should see the player's Elo for a second or two before it reverts to yours

TheFungus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

Bump, tell me if this works for any of you

Ridley

08-21-2011

It worked for me. I had to laugh at the person I tried it for.

Kame Senpai

08-21-2011

Works for me, pretty interesting

TheFungus

08-22-2011

Thanks for confirming it! Also bump

ninjamast3r

08-22-2011

Just tried it, and it works. I never realized my friend had such a low ELO...

TheFungus

08-24-2011

Still works!

TheFungus

08-26-2011

hue

TheFungus

08-28-2011

bamp

TheFungus

08-31-2011

Real fun trick! Try it! Post your experiences with it!