Riot Games in Europe: Details and FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaeminTheMaknae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxcriss View Post
Lol, this is a joke... nice job RIOT, thanks for nothing.

1. No account transfer - Do you seriously think I'm going to spend another 6 months and another 50$ on your game just so I get all the runes and heroes I have on my current account?

2. EU shop - Why would I want to pay 19% VAT buying stuff from the store on the EU version when I can get it without on the US version.

3. No restrictions to EU players playing on US - Considering what I said on #1, I'd say 90% of the people who made purchases from the riot store, will NOT want to start over on the EU version just for the sake of lower ping.

4. Open beta - Are you serious? Given all the 1-3 issues above, do you seriously think anyone at all will want to move to an open beta on EU?

So let's do an overview... you are offering... low ping (personally I would have around 30-40 with servers in Germany, which is great), and you expect people to trade off: many months of xp and ip, their entire "track record"/score, all the money they spent on the game, and a +20% (depends on EU country) VAT price increase on the store... ??? I have only one thing to say about this... LOL!
If you would have read the other thread put up before this you would know that they aren't taking away your skins RP IP unlocked champs. or lvl's.....

Apocrypha

05-13-2010

Thanks for the update Tecu and welcome on board!

Ghostrain

05-13-2010

I srsly dont know what kind of lag people are experiencing, but i live in South Africa and get a ping of 300-500 and i can still play rather well i hardly notice that ping. So for me a change from US to EU is pointless cause the ping will still be 300-500. Ill just stay on US.

Also if i would want to stay on Us servers i just do nothing ? my account will stay in US?

Niipah

05-13-2010

Any news on the censoring of EU version? (for those who don't live in Germany and would like to scout bushes with Mundo or see blood)

Jeevees

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrain View Post
I srsly dont know what kind of lag people are experiencing, but i live in South Africa and get a ping of 300-500 and i can still play rather well i hardly notice that ping. So for me a change from US to EU is pointless cause the ping will still be 300-500. Ill just stay on US.

Also if i would want to stay on Us servers i just do nothing ? my account will stay in US?

No way that the lag is barely noticable with 500 ms? I notice the delays after reaching 300... it's annoying as hell having lag when trying to throw (for example) Morgana's Q.

Glory

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavaer View Post
Probably not.
Have many skins here aswell, but i dont mind paying some money for eu skins aswell

Those three were free

Xavaer

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
Those three were free
ah, thought you could only aquire Tristana for free ^^

cleveland1

05-13-2010

i pray for transfer, make a big stupid move when reg@eu
btw, assessed inv (asked friends to make the invitation when he did not know that the invitations are not working for eu) saved?

Deathsauce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxcriss View Post
Lol, this is a joke... nice job RIOT, thanks for nothing.

1. No account transfer - Do you seriously think I'm going to spend another 6 months and another 50$ on your game just so I get all the runes and heroes I have on my current account?

2. EU shop - Why would I want to pay 19% VAT buying stuff from the store on the EU version when I can get it without on the US version.

3. No restrictions to EU players playing on US - Considering what I said on #1, I'd say 90% of the people who made purchases from the riot store, will NOT want to start over on the EU version just for the sake of lower ping.

4. Open beta - Are you serious? Given all the 1-3 issues above, do you seriously think anyone at all will want to move to an open beta on EU?

So let's do an overview... you are offering... low ping (personally I would have around 30-40 with servers in Germany, which is great), and you expect people to trade off: many months of xp and ip, their entire "track record"/score, all the money they spent on the game, and a +20% (depends on EU country) VAT price increase on the store... ??? I have only one thing to say about this... LOL!
Shut it if you don't like how their doing it don't play and stop being so whiny

Angloomy

05-13-2010

Does the ping increase for US players if they use the EU servers?
"I haz 999 ping