Riot Games in Europe: Details and FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edward Blazing

05-13-2010

1. I've been participating in closed beta test on US server and have rammus + unique skin here. But in november I moved to EU and been playing there ever since (lvl 30 and only 8 champions left to buy there and lvl 7 here). Both my accounts registered to the same email and have identical login/summoner name. Is there a possibility of me receiving Rammus + skin on EU server?

2.Will you be extending country support towards Russia? Currently it's impossible to select it under "Country" during registration.

The Monopoly Guy

05-13-2010

I have 1 question

Are we going to have the choice to enable/disable blood effects w/o having to manually configure files?

Because I want to see blood when I kill peoplz

ArkhamHorror

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxcriss View Post
Lol, this is a joke... nice job RIOT, thanks for nothing.

1. No account transfer - Do you seriously think I'm going to spend another 6 months and another 50$ on your game just so I get all the runes and heroes I have on my current account?

2. EU shop - Why would I want to pay 19% VAT buying stuff from the store on the EU version when I can get it without on the US version.

3. No restrictions to EU players playing on US - Considering what I said on #1, I'd say 90% of the people who made purchases from the riot store, will NOT want to start over on the EU version just for the sake of lower ping.

4. Open beta - Are you serious? Given all the 1-3 issues above, do you seriously think anyone at all will want to move to an open beta on EU?

So let's do an overview... you are offering... low ping (personally I would have around 30-40 with servers in Germany, which is great), and you expect people to trade off: many months of xp and ip, their entire "track record"/score, all the money they spent on the game, and a +20% (depends on EU country) VAT price increase on the store... ??? I have only one thing to say about this... LOL!
Well, apart from the fact that this guy is an unpolite troll, some of his points are my disappointment. I really hoped for a player base merge, as i will unlikely make a new account and start by scratch, and spend more money for a better ping.
But still, thank you for your efforts =)

Nite

05-13-2010

Is this the end of the Top 500 List in Europe ?

Xavaer

05-13-2010

Will we get a paypal option?

TabJones

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelPride View Post
you clearly didnt read what he posted. Nothing is going to be erased, just go to EU and you have allyour IP,XP,Skins, everything,
i didn't read anything about this. It's clearly written that you will have to create a new account to play on the EU server, so i dont see how my skins, champs, xp, etc... will be preserved on the EU server without a character tranfer. correct me if im wrong

Glory

05-13-2010

My US account has the green rammus,pink tristana and ufo corki.
Can these things be transfered or be unlocked on my eu account after this?

Shijimmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

I still have one question remaining. Around when it hit the stores, I bought the box in Belgium. Short after I learned about it containing a European code. Will we, now that Riot supports and offers both LoLs, be able to use European codes on the American server?
Mind you, I didn't use it yet, kept it in a special place all this time. And until I'm able to use it on the US servers, I refuse to buy Riot Points :3

InvisibleUnreal

05-13-2010

Hey Tecumseh,

nice to hear that now RIOT work on the EU Servers.

I just want to say, that the German Forum is just one of the badest, we didnt get all of your informations.

Like this price reduces of Skins. We didnt get any Threats or Informations about this. We never get any "Aproaching Hero"-informations. Mostly we dont get any informations about Sneek Peek of Heroes. (Sneep Peek Garen? Aproaching Garen? ... nothing)

Patchnotes? We get them one day before the Patchday starts. This is bad. I play on both Servers and i translated the Last Patch directly after you posted the informations in the US forum.

Take a look:

My threat:

http://lol-europe.com/board/showthread.php?t=32749

Community Threat:

http://lol-europe.com/board/showthread.php?t=33967

I posted it at 23. April, we got the "official" Patchnotes at 29. April 2010. The german community just wants some more informations from you. I just translated it in 45 min... i dont need 6 days for it....

Now what i want to say is, i can do this job in future too. I can inform the people. Or just give us better Community Managers, who like theire jobs...

Best regards from cold Germany!

Invisible

PS: Im sorry for my bad english i just wrote it with my mobile phone.

Xavaer

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
My US account has the green rammus,pink tristana and ufo corki.
Can these things be transfered or be unlocked on my eu account after this?
Probably not.
Have many skins here aswell, but i dont mind paying some money for eu skins aswell