Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Games in Europe: Details and FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrolistical

05-13-2010

I would like to see account transfer too. I am not from the EU, but for the sake of better pinging games for everybody I would like to see as many EU players off of the US server as much as possible.

Montford

05-13-2010

I have to admit, Riot is one of the most amazing companies i have seen for a video game.

Im in North America but it is nice to see the huge step they are taking for our neighbors to the east.

Riot you guys are awesome keep up the good work!

LOVE YOU LONG TIME!

Supreme1337

05-13-2010

Wait, so it's optional to move my account, and it will not be automatically moved to Europe? I really want to stay on US servers because all of my friends are there (literally all of them). Also I don't get the whole ping problem thing. My ping is the same as my American friends' ping...

SittyTuYeersOl

05-13-2010

Quote:
Tecumseh:

Q: Will the game servers remain in Europe?
A: Yes they will, the new League of Legends game servers will be in Germany.

nice, low ping here i come!

Riot ftw

Raistlen

05-13-2010

Quote:
Q: Will the European community management team change?
A: We will be working hand-in-hand with the current European community management team to make sure this transition is as seamless as possible for you, the players. Once the handover has been finalised, members of the current European community management will be following a variety of paths following their own personal aspirations, plans and desires.

This just made me laugh. I've been laid off before and this is basically a nice way of saying GTFO!!

dramatt

05-13-2010

Hmmm... it seems to me that most people's problem is that they feel the the better ping isn't worth losing their account. While an account transfer feature would be nice, I think that a lot of people are forgetting one of the reasons Riot is doing this - to expand. Obviously a closer server with a much better ping is going to be beneficial to European players who are just starting and don't even have an old account to lose. While in the short-term this splitting of North America and Europe may cause inconveniences for current players,I think that in the long term this provides room for expansion with new players and isn't that what everyone here wants?

Tecumseh

05-13-2010

Quote:
Raistlen:
This just made me laugh. I've been laid off before and this is basically a nice way of saying GTFO!!

It's not. The whole GOA CM team has done a great job in a very though situation. I doubt you'll find too many people who don't like them on the European forums

Tecumseh

RebelPride

05-13-2010

Quote:
vxcriss:
Lol, this is a joke... nice job RIOT, thanks for nothing.

1. No account transfer - Do you seriously think I'm going to spend another 6 months and another 50$ on your game just so I get all the runes and heroes I have on my current account?

2. EU shop - Why would I want to pay 19% VAT buying stuff from the store on the EU version when I can get it without on the US version.

3. No restrictions to EU players playing on US - Considering what I said on #1, I'd say 90% of the people who made purchases from the riot store, will NOT want to start over on the EU version just for the sake of lower ping.

4. Open beta - Are you serious? Given all the 1-3 issues above, do you seriously think anyone at all will want to move to an open beta on EU?

So let's do an overview... you are offering... low ping (personally I would have around 30-40 with servers in Germany, which is great), and you expect people to trade off: many months of xp and ip, their entire "track record"/score, all the money they spent on the game, and a +20% (depends on EU country) VAT price increase on the store... ??? I have only one thing to say about this... LOL!

you clearly didnt read what he posted. Nothing is going to be erased, just go to EU and you have allyour IP,XP,Skins, everything,

Now to get to the point, Whats the point in making seperate platforms if your not going to block outside IP's?If your doing this in relevance of being fair, what happens when the players from EU swarm the US servers just for their benfit or to piss of the US servers knowing they will lag us to hell. I don't see how this can be fair, im not discriminating anyone, but one problem in most every game is the lag"distance from server" It would be nice for one game to give an equal chance to everyone without worrying about exessive lag

blackrosedragon

05-13-2010

i will miss all my eu freinds god darn but wth good job less lag for us i hope

Larias

Adjudicator

05-13-2010

Tecumseh!!!

Welcome back! Good to see you <3