Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Games in Europe: Details and FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tecumseh

05-18-2010

Quote:
Stexe:
Also, is it customary to use the term "full stop" instead of "period?"

Americans use "period", Brits use "full stop" ("period" is an older term and considered somewhat archaic over here)

Quote:
Stexe:
And for blood not being in the EU version, is that due to Germany and such? Unofficially do you think it is possible to modify the game code to put blood back in; player side only of course.

Some European players have created a "blood pack" in the EU, but it is not supported by Riot Games. Players modify their own files at their risk.

Tecumseh

PS: I personally prefer not having blood.

Tecumseh

05-18-2010

Quote:
Tecumseh:
Quote:
stalker reaper;1285984:
Ermmm.... is Europe client SEA client? Can SEA players play on the Europe servers? Will we need to create a new account on Europe server while our old account remains untouch on the US server? If we create a new account, will we still be able to obtain our old account's influence points ,riot points, exp and level and wins and losses?

1. Europe and SEA aren't the same thing

2. I'll check what the policy is regarding SEA players in the EU

3. Creating an account in Europe doesn't impact your American account.

The same access restrictions will exist in the EU and the US.

Tecumseh

ArkhamHorror

05-18-2010

Quote:
Tecumseh:

It is probably doable, but we already have a lot on our plate right now with Season One coming up, so we won't be able to look into it right now. But as explained in the FAQ, it's something that might be looked into in the future.

Thank you for your time and your patience.

Arkham.

Janovjev

05-19-2010

Awesome,thanks thanks thank,gah i always had 200 ping >< now its gonna drop to like 50 thanks,and great job Tecumseh,you're doing a great job

Millz On Pillz

05-19-2010

Tecumseh, you missed my question... but it's not a big deal really, I was just wondering whether the EU servers will be getting a Paypal option in the store, it's the only way I can buy points for skins and such.
So yeah, it'd be great if that is happening.

Tecumseh

05-19-2010

Quote:
Millz On Pillz:
Tecumseh, you missed my question... but it's not a big deal really, I was just wondering whether the EU servers will be getting a Paypal option in the store, it's the only way I can buy points for skins and such.
So yeah, it'd be great if that is happening.

We will be working on integrating new payments in the future, but right now we are focused on transitioning European Players during the Beta

Tecumseh

Elnith

05-19-2010

Quote:
Tecumseh:
We will be working on integrating new payments in the future, but right now we are focused on transitioning European Players during the Beta

Tecumseh

Please Tecumseh, I might probably be the only SEA player that checks this website anymore. I know that you are part of the European Communications team, but surely you can find out what's going with SEA right? We've been in a black out since February 23rd, with no e-mails or posts in the forums. We don't even know who the provider is.

Now, I'm glad Europe is getting this deal, but it seems like they forgot about SEA. Please Tecumseh, shine some hope on us SEA players.

MasterExplorer

05-19-2010

Sorry for question but I didnt see answer for that questions.
Will Riot Games add Russian language in game?
Or even add our alphabet in a game ?
We can post messages in a queue-client but not during a game.
We (me and all my friends) wanna post messages during a game, and if during installing we can chose Russian language for all game it will be perfect !
Also i can traslate game for free if you have problems with it.

Shijimmy

05-19-2010

I'm afraid my question was skipped as well. Not that big of an issue, just curious on it.

Quote:
Shijimmy:
I still have one question remaining. Around when it hit the stores, I bought the box in Belgium. Short after I learned about it containing a European code. Will we, now that Riot supports and offers both LoLs, be able to use European codes on the American server?
Mind you, I didn't use it yet, kept it in a special place all this time. And until I'm able to use it on the US servers, I refuse to buy Riot Points :3

Of course, it's also possible I just missed the answer (everyone can miss out on a page in a topic that grows this fast).

Trixster

05-19-2010

question was answered sorry for double asking