Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Games in Europe: Details and FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elnith

05-17-2010

Quote:
Tecumseh:
H
Q: Will EU players be banned from the US servers?

A: There will be no access restrictions in any way, shape or form between North America and Europe.

I'm a fellow SEA player, and have been playing LoL since the opening day. Why then are you giving Europe such an advanced note, and not banning them? We SEA players only got one day notice until the hammer was dropped upon us without even giving us a single hint on when the new servers (or who is providing them for that fact) are going to be up, and its been more than 2 months! This seems highly unfair. We don't even get a choice of what server to play in, let alone know when we can play at all!

Please riot...please don't abandon SEA so cruelly and pat EU on the back like this. At least give us some information.

Chente

Zigmor

05-17-2010

will the game come to greece or not ???? and when???????

Gorets

05-17-2010

This is amazing news! I'm so tired of dealing with the extremely buggy european client. Now I hope everything will be different. Thank you, Riot!

TheFallenPrince

05-17-2010

relly good news! only one problem i have friends in bouth in the U.S and Europe. its a plus minus thing good but bad.
well well keep up the good work

Bloodypaly

05-17-2010

i can just hope they can come with a plan to transfer european accounts to europe

LouJay

Recruiter

05-17-2010

Yeah, I have good friends on both sides of the Atlantic too... I hope Riot gets to develop the ability to integrate their players base around the globe...

Millz On Pillz

05-18-2010

Ok, so, I am assuming since you said ALL features available on the NA client will be available eventually on the EU client, that means we will finally be getting a Paypal option?
(I WANT MY MAGNIFICENT TWISTED FATE!!!)

Tecumseh

05-18-2010

Hi guys,

here's an answer to all the questions posted over the weekend. Let me know if I missed any questions (please make sure your own question is not just a rephrasing of a question listed below)

Quote:
Edward Blazing:
2.Will you be extending country support towards Russia? Currently it's impossible to select it under "Country" during registration.

Russia is not currently one of the countries directly serviced by the European platform, and there are, as far as I know, no plans to change this.

We will keep you posted should anything change.

Quote:
The Monopoly Guy:
I have 1 question

Are we going to have the choice to enable/disable blood effects w/o having to manually configure files?

Because I want to see blood when I kill peoplz

Blood will not be available in the EU, full stop.

Quote:
Angloomy:
Does the ping increase for US players if they use the EU servers?
"I haz 999 ping

Generally, the further away your are, the higher the ping.

Quote:
Ub3rPubb3r:
What about Portuguese[BRA] languague? Will it be welcome?

The European platform could potentially support more languages, provided a linguistic community grows big enough to warrant such a move.

Quote:
WitcherPL:
It will be easer for Polish players to play together . And it'll be good if LoL will be translated to polish, because many of us play in this game.

See previous answer

Quote:
Kronil:
I've seen you're planning to translate the game in German, Spanish and French... There'are also many italians playing at this game... It'd be nice if the game would be translated into italian too. If u need help I've translated other games in the web.

Best Regards.

See previous answer

Quote:
Spymethyl Crabide:
Can us Americans keep on playing with our silly euro friends?

Of course you can, if you and your friends have accounts on the same server.

Quote:
Buhitow:
so taking my laptop from mexico to sweden and playing in the us servers wont be a problem at all, right?

Not as long as you have decent internet.

Quote:
stalker reaper:
Ermmm.... is Europe client SEA client? Can SEA players play on the Europe servers? Will we need to create a new account on Europe server while our old account remains untouch on the US server? If we create a new account, will we still be able to obtain our old account's influence points ,riot points, exp and level and wins and losses?

1. Europe and SEA aren't the same thing

2. I'll check what the policy is regarding SEA players in the EU

3. Creating an account in Europe doesn't impact your American account.

Quote:
Belgskuh:
This is nice but Im gonna stay in the US servers tbh, used to this forum and all my friendslist + lvls etc.

I think I might make a acc for EU only tough. I have to create a new one right?

Yes, you have to create a new account if you're currently playing in the US, want to play in the EU and don't have an EU account.

Quote:
ArkhamHorror:
Would it be so difficult to merge the playerbase in a unique client, accessed by different servers ( like the most mmo does out there?)

It is probably doable, but we already have a lot on our plate right now with Season One coming up, so we won't be able to look into it right now. But as explained in the FAQ, it's something that might be looked into in the future.

Quote:
Rello:
i have a question... i have accounts both in EU/USA servers with same name and user log-in, what will happen?

Nothing, as long as you don't cross the beams. If you do, all life as you know it will stop instantaneously and every molecule in your body will explode at the speed of light: total protonic reversal.

Quote:
disinfect:
will we be able to change summoner name ?

The European policy regarding names will be the same as the US policy.

Quote:
than00b:
Hm a thing ive been wondering about is the riot girl tristana skin, will you fix so that people from eu can get her too when clicking like on fb ?

As announced in the FAQ, Facebook Tristana will be made available.

Quote:
ActionScript2:
Does this mean EU will also have a Test Realm

There will only ever be one Test Realm, for practical reasons. European players do have access though, and the European contingent will be grown adequately to make sure you are heard

Quote:
ChemoshofBones:
what it comes down to is this sort of thing is more work that they do not want to bother with, never mind the fact that it would be good customer service.

if above did not make a example did not make my point clear let me describe a situation:

citizen a is approached by a officer of the law and told he is to be deported, the officer takes him to the docks and then explains to him you can either go on this boat to a new land or you can stay but we will cut off your left hand.....

not really a choice is it?

That is possibly the worst analogy in the history of Time. It's analogies like this that Cthulhu feeds on, awaking from an eon-long slumber to devour our souls in one sanity-shattering moment.

Additionally, it's pointedly wrong. Nobody is asking European players who are playing in the US to change their habits or do anything. We're not changing anything to their situation, diminishing the quality of the service provided and/or asking anything of them.

The only thing is that account transfer is not available at this date and time.

Quote:
yummie:
Are we forced to play the game in our countries language or is there an option switching the language to English? I definitively never ever wanna play Lol in german...

You select your language when you install the game.

Quote:
Zigmor:
will the game come to greece or not ???? and when???????

The game already is available in Greece.

Cheers,

Tecumseh

Raikanishu

05-18-2010

this helps EU alot, THX. oh and Great Job with the community management, it's a difficult task ^^

i personally would like to see paypal too. Will it come? haven't spend money but the Collector's because there was no paypal-option for europe (don't know if there is one for US)

@ all who are complaining they wouldn't be able play in Europe because they had an Account on US.. ? This wasn't a problem before oô. You could decide wether EU or US - there hasn't anything changed. They do not take anything from you!! just giving EU players more service. so stop complaining, realy lol^^

Stexe

Recruiter

05-18-2010

I'm from the US and have no plans of ever playing in the EU server, but I'd still like to say that it was great to read your response! Glad that you're stepping up to the plate and answering questions -- and the bit of humor tossed in didn't hurt either. References from Ghostbusters to Cthulhu.

Also, is it customary to use the term "full stop" instead of "period?" And for blood not being in the EU version, is that due to Germany and such? Unofficially do you think it is possible to modify the game code to put blood back in; player side only of course.