Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Games in Europe: Details and FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

P S Y

Master Recruiter

05-14-2010

Quote:
sobol:
sadface, in my opinion account transfers is a must (only US>EU). What is more somebody wrote on other topic about Riot Games in Europe about matchmaking system which will be taking players from both EU and US servers and then, depending on from which server there are more players, in that server will be host "game table". Its also good idea.

I made that suggestion about the whole SEA debacle +1

PooMonstah

05-14-2010

How do you get the "The magnificent tf" skin?

ChemoshofBones

05-14-2010

i kinda agree, kinda lame move to not transfer, yes you say they can choose... but you know as well as i and they do that they dotn have a chocie ebcause they had thier purchases on na one.... they arnt going to throw away money.... where does this leave you? a large eu commuinity who will not be going to eu servers becasue they loose all thier work, granted you may find new players over there.... but doesnt change the fact that those who played on the na have no choice on which server to play, would it be so hard to have a one time transfer for them? like for one week have option on account screen which server, those marked eu get transfered without option of coming back. This leaves everyone option which to play on as you seem to want, either way the current option does NOT give them a choice unless you were to say refund them any money they may have spent on na store..... or refund thier riot and ip points on the eu version.

what it comes down to is this sort of thing is more work that they do not want to bother with, never mind the fact that it would be good customer service.

if above did not make a example did not make my point clear let me describe a situation:

citizen a is approached by a officer of the law and told he is to be deported, the officer takes him to the docks and then explains to him you can either go on this boat to a new land or you can stay but we will cut off your left hand.....

not really a choice is it?

Spectral Master

05-14-2010

Quote:
ChemoshofBones:
citizen a is approached by a officer of the law and told he is to be deported, the officer takes him to the docks and then explains to him you can either go on this boat to a new land or you can stay but we will cut off your left hand.....

not really a choice is it?

i think it's backwards. if you leave we'll cut off your hand and if you stay, well... nothing bad will happen.

Mongolz

Senior Recruiter

05-14-2010

nice

Filias

05-14-2010

Will Riot Games support the italian language? i am a italian player an i enjoyed very much this game , but it would not hurt for once, the Italian was considered among the European languages, is often true that the Italians are among the most polite or friendly players but many good players and we Boun dispiacerrebbe not to be taken into account
thanks and congratulations for the great game

yummie

Recruiter

05-14-2010

Are we forced to play the game in our countries language or is there an option switching the language to English? I definitively never ever wanna play Lol in german...

yummie

Recruiter

05-14-2010

Quote:
xEternally:
"Like every mmo", your character is only created on that one server and you'd have to make a new one if you wanted to play on a different server like east to west. etc. I do not think you should use the term Every mmo because some of the massive multiplayer online games do not have clients that will allow you to freely change servers. P:

one good reason could be because if you are maxed lvl and go to a freshly new server that just opened up you can have an unfair advantage to those who start. =]

just stating my opinion :X watch me get flamed or something xD

As far as I know there are some. But AS far as i remember even blizzards closed battle.net had different accounts for different servers. It would be a programming/hosting challenge to enable multiserver login with same accounts. I simply dont think Riot has the manpower to code this by themselves as long as they still haven't finished the game itself. It would be sweet though.

For new players this is definitively an option and although the german community is - being honest - always like 2 weeks behind and neither the mods know nothing about whats going on playing lagless would rock.

NONTHELESS: unfortunately this whole announcement is entirely pointless for any players from Europe who spent money in Riotpoins here. The majority ont pay twice. They wont move. They will go on polluting your servers. (inclduing myslf. Sorry Riot Games, but this is just no option for me) So again: your choice, your effort, your money. And your users satisfaction.

TabJones

05-14-2010

Quote:
yummie:

NONTHELESS: unfortunately this whole announcement is entirely pointless for any players from Europe who spent money in Riotpoins here. The majority ont pay twice. They wont move. They will go on polluting your servers. (inclduing myslf. Sorry Riot Games, but this is just no option for me) So again: your choice, your effort, your money. And your users satisfaction.

infact i won't move if things won't change

Enjoy My Power

05-14-2010

Thank you keep up the good work