Starting with a Tear of the Goddess...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Johnnylocke

08-24-2011

um. how has nobody thought of cassiopeia for this? While I do agree karthus is awesome, Cassie is sick, and she excels at taking people down at points like this. boots, tears, charge it up and get that fast AA and deathcap from assists and passive gold gain in the first fight. Cassie could be huge on this map.

InnerWolf

08-24-2011

I think in Dominion the Key points are 1-Getting to the capture points and 2-Capturing or defending. So personaly I believe Riot wanted the players to hesitate between lvl1 Boots (50 ms) and some other HP or offensive stuff OR stronger Boots and potions. Cause having more mana will make it hard to get to the points fast and maybe you won't even get to use it! Plus, 80 Mana is more or less 1 spell... you may not need to cast if you are able to flee faster for example. My opinion.

raynac

08-24-2011

hmmm i would love for ryze to be able to do that as I main him but... theres a difference between giving a champion 80 bonus mana and giving ryze 80 bonus mana and extra damage... i suppose it would only be 6 damage though

IrrationalNoob

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinypointyhelm View Post
regardless tho, maxing out the stacks on tear will take time. Is it worth giving up so much early game stats just to have a stronger late game when the average dominion game will end 20 minutes in? might as well just get started on a RoA....
tear IS a mid game item on ryze.

Its strongest when you have the mana from tear and you have just bought mana from another item. This will result in the best mana per time spent around the mid game.

But that is for SR 15 minutes in. Dominion you will not be able to get the same amount of mana. The farm another champs gets Besides, the benefits of that mana are marginalized due to the quick battles and lots of deaths. Ryze WILL be UP without an even way to charge tear due to the accelerated gold growth....with mana not growing the same way.

InVaSiOnArY

08-25-2011

I was wondering I think I saw that you cant buy wards does that mean wriggles is banned?

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWWWWWWWWWWWORP View Post
I was wondering I think I saw that you cant buy wards does that mean wriggles is banned?
Yes. If you want pseudo-wards you'll have to rely on champion abilities like Teemo's Shrooms, Maokai's Saplings or Shaco's Jack-in-the-box.