Alistar - Headbutt into pulverise w/ ~200ms latency

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brutalaty

08-20-2011

Hello Everyone,

Alistar is my favorite support champion, however my problem is his strongest combo is almost impossible to pull off with my Australian latency (190 - 210, horrible even for AU).

I have been working on a macro to help pull it off, i have gotten it twice with my macro out of 10, it is as follows:
----------
W-down
W-up

left mouse-down
left mouse-up

0.300 second delay

Q-down
Q-up
-----------

it works around the 250 - 350 delay before Q-down
It either won't pummel at all or pummels a little too late.

If anyone has managed to pull off this combo with a high success rate on a high ping, please share your thoughts.
I will continue to play alistar even without Headbutt->Pulverise, but if i could pull it off i would be a lot more effective!

MillitaryBeetle

08-20-2011

I personally find it far more useful to use walls to your advantage, its a fine detail, but when you headbutt someone into a wall they get stunned for a barely noticeable time, but it interrupts any orders given to that character.

However if my target is in the open, and i just need a quick stun, I usually ride creep waves to where i need to go.

I use this instead of the pulverize headbutt combo, simply because there is a greater chance for success.

Kaartus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

I feel your pain Brutalaty, as an Australian we are constantly lagging behind the rest of the LoL world in terms of latency. Riot really needs to invest in some Asian or Australian servers.

Side note, I find that a ping of 200 is alright for combo-mages, but annoying as heck for anyone with a skill shot like Blitz or Ez.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaartus View Post
I feel your pain Brutalaty, as an Australian we are constantly lagging behind the rest of the LoL world in terms of latency. Riot really needs to invest in some Asian or Australian servers.

Side note, I find that a ping of 200 is alright for combo-mages, but annoying as heck for anyone with a skill shot like Blitz or Ez.
There is a Asian server.

However, it is ran by a s**tty company; only three champions can be purchased without real money...

DarkPhoenix2

08-20-2011

I get around the 280 mark most games coz i'm an aussie too. It is really painful. But it's not like Europe is any closer...

Brutalaty

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillitaryBeetle View Post
I personally find it far more useful to use walls to your advantage, its a fine detail, but when you headbutt someone into a wall they get stunned for a barely noticeable time, but it interrupts any orders given to that character.

However if my target is in the open, and i just need a quick stun, I usually ride creep waves to where i need to go.
Thank you for the tips.
Without it though i don't think i could play Alistar to a super high level, but hes too much fun to not play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaartus View Post
Until the NBN (National Broadband Network) is completed, it is not profitable for them to do so, for the next few years or so we have to put up with it.

MonkyupurTree

08-20-2011

wait. what? You headbutt, and THEN pulverize?? You should try getting in a bush, waiting for the enemies to push up, running out, pulverizing, and headbutting them into your turret.

Brutalaty

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkyupurbutt View Post
wait. what? You headbutt, and THEN pulverize?? You should try getting in a bush, waiting for the enemies to push up, running out, pulverizing, and headbutting them into your turret.
That is one of alistars combo's, and i do do that.
But think of malphite, jumps a huge gap and stuns a group of enemies. That is what the combo we cannot do does.

It is situational but game changing

Amaranthy

08-21-2011

Yes, it's all fancy to do that but not very productive. If you're going for tanking and not AP, there is no point to do this combo really. It's much better to ghost or flash to your enemy, pulverize and then headbutt them towards your turret.

Heck, my friend who plays Alistar all the time doesn't do that. And he's constantly playing with latency around 50.

Brutalaty

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthy View Post
Yes, it's all fancy to do that but not very productive. If you're going for tanking and not AP, there is no point to do this combo really. It's much better to ghost or flash to your enemy, pulverize and then headbutt them towards your turret.

Heck, my friend who plays Alistar all the time doesn't do that. And he's constantly playing with latency around 50.
Why would i blow flash to initiate a fight when i could just use 2 * 10 second CD's?
What if the long CD on flash isn't ready yet?
I play alistar support, i want that flash to get out of a tough spot.

Saying that it's all fancy and not very productive is groundless.

I'm sorry but your not helping this thread at all.