Blitzcrank-Jungle Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foreshadowed

09-12-2009

Uh..? Blitzcrank is a very good jungler...it does take some practise to take Lizard/Golem from level 1. I can keep up in exp/gold with a jungle warwick in addition to superior ganking as well as tower pushing with Powerfist/Overdrive.

Powerfist, Overdrive and Static Field are all very good jungling skills.

The reason you jungle as blitzcrank is:

1) You free up a lane
2) You can easily take down dragon at lvl 6
3) Ganking is very easy.

Some other unconventional junglers I might do guides for are Rammus and Twitch

JC0226

09-12-2009

Just wanted to say this guide/strategy sucks, because I just played with Foreshadowed who insisted on jungling with blitz, which I let him do, even though I was all prepped to jungle warwick, and he ragequit after dying almost immediately.

Less vengeful reason this strategy sucks? Like others have said blitz has nothing going for him for jungling, all the reasons you guys have said for why jungling with blitzcrank is good are synonymous with why jungling is good. This goes for any hero, going by this analysis every hero should jungle.

Also, blitz is a great laner, what makes good at getting kills different from having lane control? Sure he can't aoe creeps, but his ult lets him push a bit, and his powerfist destroys towers, with a half decent partner they would dominate their lane, instead of wasting early game on mediocre jungling (or death, in Foreshadowed case)

Foreshadowed

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC0226 View Post
Just wanted to say this guide/strategy sucks, because I just played with Foreshadowed who insisted on jungling with blitz, which I let him do, even though I was all prepped to jungle warwick, and he ragequit after dying almost immediately.

Less vengeful reason this strategy sucks? Like others have said blitz has nothing going for him for jungling, all the reasons you guys have said for why jungling with blitzcrank is good are synonymous with why jungling is good. This goes for any hero, going by this analysis every hero should jungle.

Also, blitz is a great laner, what makes good at getting kills different from having lane control? Sure he can't aoe creeps, but his ult lets him push a bit, and his powerfist destroys towers, with a half decent partner they would dominate their lane, instead of wasting early game on mediocre jungling (or death, in Foreshadowed case)

I wanted to try vampiric scepter against Lizard, it didn't work so I left. It was only a practise game.

Blitzcrank jungles just as well as warwick.

JC0226

09-13-2009

A practice game with full 5v5, 9 other people expecting to play a decent game? That's what bots are for. Heck, you could go in a game completely by yourself, and get the full effect of jungling practice, like I did with my warwick so I didn't screw up other people's games. Don't be so selfish.

How does blitzcrank jungle as well as warwick? Not even close, warwick has two ways to restore health, skill to increase attack speed (which helps restore more health), easily take dragon at level 5. Heck, even nunu's a better jungler with his consume.

Aspartem

09-13-2009

Well,i guess it could work. I know Evelyn + Master Yi jungle as good as Warwick, so with the right runes/mastery/Summoner's it probably could work out.

Though i think a jungling Blitz is a waste. He's just too good if he's paired with good laner / disabler or dps hero.
Both have their ups n' downs. Until i've tested / seen it, i'll prefer the lane-Blitz

Foreshadowed

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspartem View Post
Well,i guess it could work. I know Evelyn + Master Yi jungle as good as Warwick, so with the right runes/mastery/Summoner's it probably could work out.

Though i think a jungling Blitz is a waste. He's just too good if he's paired with good laner / disabler or dps hero.
Both have their ups n' downs. Until i've tested / seen it, i'll prefer the lane-Blitz
He's a good ganker....thats why putting him in the jungle makes sense. Blitzcrank can jungle as quickly as warwick, just the first 3 levels are sketchy.

Nothing is stopping you from going in and out of lanes btw..you can lane and jungle at the same time.

If you're playing jungle twitch you'll have a much easier time ganking then if you were laning. The same goes for Blitzcrank.

SureikaN

09-26-2010

i just tried this and rolled everyone in the game.

Elixir of Fort, HP pots. Smite, Tele.

Went at Lizard straight up, powerfisting and smite. popped only 2 pots. Recalled back, got overdrive, teled onto tower and got first blood on an over push early.

THen i just controlled thier jungle buffs (they were jungling Yi), I was too Ahead of him.

Try this out its fun. I Thumbs up OP

malphismia

09-26-2010

There is NO CHANCE blitzcrank jungles as fast as Warwick.

Warwick has a self heal, a passive heal, and a %health damage, not to mention AS buff.

Blitzcrank has nothing to keep his HP up. And you use up TWO useless summoner spells to jungle (smite and heal, wtf), whereas WW doesn't even need smite, and can take 2 summoner spells that aren't as useless end-game.

I like unconventional guides, but don't spew lies. Blitzcrank can't jungle as fast as Warwick.

Oerwoud

09-27-2010

I thinkg the idea is unconventional, making it cool already. Good thing is that people dont see his hook coming if you gank from the river/bush. I dont say hes your best option and clearly WW can do it better. But still a fun one (and since this is a game, fun is a big argument).

Why not start with overdrive? Powerfist just more damage?

Dark Caller

09-29-2010

Unconventional yes. I can't quite get it to work yet, which I think is because I'm not completely runed out and haven't had a lot of time to tinker with masteries and opening strategy. I've been just attacking too slowly and taking too much damage.
I really like the idea, though. I just need to wait until I can get it to work.