Blitzcrank-Jungle Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foreshadowed

09-11-2009

Well..you probably haven't seen too many Blitzcranks lurking around in the jungle...

So here's the ****in' guide to fix that.

First off...You're in the jungle to free up a lane, gank, and kill Dragon. Now that you understand that, lets get to the guide!

Just to add... I find jungle Blitzcrank alot more effective in top tier matches opposed to if I were laning.

Suggested Summoner Spells:

If you want to solo Lizard/Golem from level 1 you'll need 2 out of the 3 suggested spells. If you don't intend to jungle from level 1, you'll only need Smite.

Smite- A must for jungle Blitzcrank, this should be the first summoner spell you choose.

Rally- This is often my second choice, its great throughout the game and makes soloing Golem after Lizard very easy.

Heal- Heal is a substitute for Rally, Both work equally well for jungling.

Runes:

Runes don't really matter too much, as long as you don't go for ability power you'll be fine.

I do however recomend dodge runes, theyre very effective for tower diving and jungling.

Recomended Summoner Masteries:

Whatever works for you, I go 9/0/21.

Suggested Ability Guide:

1) Powerfist, your first skill must be powerfist, you'll need to spam this if you intend to kill Lizard at level 1.
2) Overdrive
3)Powerfist / Rocket Grab, depending on whether you are ready to setup up for a gank
4) Rocket Grab
5) Power Fist
6) Ultimate- Static Field, don't activate this while jungling. Save it for ganks.
7) Powerfist
8) Overdrive
9) Powerfist

From here you can decide whether you want to put more points in Grab or Overdrive.

Item Build:

For starter items you have a few options..Those Being:

Cloth Armor, Health Potionx2
Doran's Blade, 1 Health Potion
Elixir of Fortitude, Health Potionx2

All of these work equally well. It's just about preference.

Afterwards you want to build a Mandred's Razor if you want to take down Dragon.

Tank Build:

Starter Item
Mandred's Razor
Ninja Tabi
Chain Vest, Giant's Belt-->Sunfire Cape
Frozen Heart/Sunfire Cape
Guardian Angel

Carry Build:

Starter Item
Mandred's Razor
Sheen
Black Cleaver/Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer

Jungling:

Firstly, you want to kill Lizard first, if you bought Elixir of Fortitude you can pop it at 1:35.

If you went with Doran's Blade or Elixir you need to kill one of the smaller creeps and then Lizard. If you went with cloth armor you can take all of them and focus lizard first.

You will need to use your Smite on Lizard. If you're doing fine you can save Heal or Rally for golem.

Once you've got Golem and Lizard down, go knock out the camp full of ghosts, use smite on the big one then go buy your Mandred's Razor. After that you can either attempt to gank or jungle until you're level 6 and take down Dragon.

Tips:
-I wouldnt attempt Dragon without either Lizard or Golem buff.
-You won't be able to solo Baron, ever.
-A indicator of how well you're doing is if you're getting a gank whenever you have Lizard Buff.
-Power Fist works on towers very well

More to come, please post your feedback, critques, or successes using this guide!!

If you guys liked this guide I could post one for Jungle Twitch or Jungle Rammus

Edit, Just wanted to add..You should practise taking both Lizard and Golem in a practise game first. Once you get jungling down pat you can fit more ganking into your jungling route.

Krith

09-11-2009

I just tried this...
cloth armor with 2 health potions, smite and rally.
It took smite, both my health potions, and rally to take down lizard and a few powerfists at lvl 1 and still had very minimal health so couldnt do much of anything else for a little while till smite was read again.
Unless I'm doing something wrong (which is very possible) I wasnt able to get this to work from the start..

Foreshadowed

09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krith View Post
I just tried this...
cloth armor with 2 health potions, smite and rally.
It took smite, both my health potions, and rally to take down lizard and a few powerfists at lvl 1 and still had very minimal health so couldnt do much of anything else for a little while till smite was read again.
Unless I'm doing something wrong (which is very possible) I wasnt able to get this to work from the start..
Well, none of your rune pages are really helping you. If you set up a tank page with 6% dodge it's very easy.

Typically I kill one of the smaller creeps, pop my health potion, smite Lizard then wait until im close to my mana barrier then drop rally. Once you get Lizard down golem is a piece of cake.

I just solo'd lizard and I had 270 hp after killing Lizard and his creeps, after that I ran over to golem and use my second health potion. On golem you should kill both of the small creeps because they go down quickly with Lizard Buff. After that I killed the Ghost camp and bought Mandreds

Hope this helps! Jungle Blitzcrank does take a bit of practise.

Definetly put together a better rune page though. The 6% dodge makes alot of difference.

HansonTheory

09-12-2009

Sounds liek fun I wasnt sure how the creeps were doable at lvl 1. with crank i'v played him 2 times only 1 kill...So any way to get a key this weekends its saturday now

Zeyk

09-12-2009

I don't see any reason at all to jungle with Blitzcrank, he has no abilities that are particularly good at it.

WalterKovacs

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyk View Post
I don't see any reason at all to jungle with Blitzcrank, he has no abilities that are particularly good at it.
But he's also not a great laner...so if you can, why not? It allows two people to solo which means more gold/exp for everyone. Also, ganking is a lot more effective when people don't know that your missing from a lane because you don't have a lane.

Ryoshi

09-12-2009

How is Blitz not a good laner? When paired with any high dps or someone else with a stun Blitz is great.

Morzas

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyk View Post
I can see a reason to do it. It gives you the initiative. The opposing team is gonna be very defensive because you'll be MIA all the time.

WalterKovacs

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoshi View Post
How is Blitz not a good laner? When paired with any high dps or someone else with a stun Blitz is great.
Yeah, he's good at getting kills, not lane control. Which means he's not a good laner but a good ganker. Which is exactly what you do when you jungle.

Zeyk

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
I can see a reason to do it. It gives you the initiative. The opposing team is gonna be very defensive because you'll be MIA all the time.
That goes for every hero, but if you're not a good jungler like Warwick or Nunu you won't be able to keep up with the laners in exp/money while you're doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterKovacs View Post
Yeah, he's good at getting kills, not lane control. Which means he's not a good laner but a good ganker. Which is exactly what you do when you jungle.
Laning is about more than killing creeps. Blitz with a partner is very dangerous to lane against. He's not the best at pushing but he can last hit creeps like anybody else.