Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question for a Sound Designer!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baconhammer

08-28-2011

Yeah I looked into one and it seems pretty awesome!

DaS0m

09-01-2011

Quote:
Baconhammer:
Hello, I am looking to goto college here soon for Sound Design, actually aiming to work for Riot! I am not 100% sure about some things and the schools will tell me whatever sounds best... I was wondering if I could talk to a Sound Design that works at Riot! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hi there Bacon,
I don't work here, but I graduated in Musician Institute. In there they have all the basic knowledge you'll need to know about how to do recording in studio at the beginning. For example: recording in studio, knowing different mic types, placement of mic etc., And then moving on they start teach you how to use different outboard gears and mixing board. Of course they also teach Protools though out the entire curriculum. They are certified for protools training as well, so you can be certified. Afterward, when you get to the production part you will learn about all those good stuff about recording on the street, adding fx to sound tweeking them, just mess around with them like BelligerentSwan has said.

Just keep an open mind everything. All the opportunities are waiting for you, but you got to get your "training" done, before you reach that point.

Baconhammer

09-02-2011

Quote:
DaS0m:
Hi there Bacon,
I don't work here, but I graduated in Musician Institute. In there they have all the basic knowledge you'll need to know about how to do recording in studio at the beginning. For example: recording in studio, knowing different mic types, placement of mic etc., And then moving on they start teach you how to use different outboard gears and mixing board. Of course they also teach Protools though out the entire curriculum. They are certified for protools training as well, so you can be certified. Afterward, when you get to the production part you will learn about all those good stuff about recording on the street, adding fx to sound tweeking them, just mess around with them like BelligerentSwan has said.

Just keep an open mind everything. All the opportunities are waiting for you, but you got to get your "training" done, before you reach that point.

Thanks! Yeah I know the basics - intermediate of recording for like bands and what not. But I want to learn Sound Design. I dont know what programs Riot is using either though.

RIOT! What Software do you use? FMOD, Unreal Engine? I dont know which to start learning.

THANKS!!!