Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@ Kennen vs Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

atimatik

08-19-2011

Maining as Kennen in ranked I feel he is still missing his mark. For a champ with such strengths I feel he still falls behind in damage. Annie can farm less, out damage, and kill much easier. I ask myself why does Kennen's main damage attack, Q (Thundering Shuriken), do the same amount as Annie's Q (Disintegrate).

Kennen must skillfully aim and shoot at his target where as Annie points and clicks on one. Sure there is some difference in range between the 2 skills, but Annie can click on a target through a field of minions while Kennen must maneuver.

Not only that but Annie has a great defensive ability with a damage shield where as Kennen cannot use his abilities when he is in his E mode.

Yes I know there are differences between the two champs, but Kennen runs out of Energy VERY fast. Maybe he has less CDs but Annie has just as low of CDs but tons of mana meaning she rarely runs out mid game where Kennen is stuck in a fight auto attacking.

Where is the reward in using a skill-shot when a point and click ability can do just as much damage?

I would like to see more damage on this Q ability to reward its skill in landing it as well as less energy consumption with his abilities.

I am only writing this because I feel that Kennen is a strong champion, but still remains in the background when it comes to Annie.

Duriel

Recruiter

08-19-2011

hence his recent buffs

he's perfect atm :/

Shortshrift

08-19-2011

This is probably more justification to nerf Annie than it is to buff Kennen.

Tiggz

Recruiter

08-19-2011

Quote:
atimatik:
Maining as Kennen in ranked I feel he is still missing his mark. For a champ with such strengths I feel he still falls behind in damage. Annie can farm less, out damage, and kill much easier. I ask myself why does Kennen's main damage attack, Q (Thundering Shuriken), do the same amount as Annie's Q (Disintegrate).

Kennen must skillfully aim and shoot at his target where as Annie points and clicks on one. Sure there is some difference in range between the 2 skills, but Annie can click on a target through a field of minions while Kennen must maneuver.

Not only that but Annie has a great defensive ability with a damage shield where as Kennen cannot use his abilities when he is in his E mode.

Yes I know there are differences between the two champs, but Kennen runs out of Energy VERY fast. Maybe he has less CDs but Annie has just as low of CDs but tons of mana meaning she rarely runs out mid game where Kennen is stuck in a fight auto attacking.

Where is the reward in using a skill-shot when a point and click ability can do just as much damage?

I would like to see more damage on this Q ability to reward its skill in landing it as well as less energy consumption with his abilities.

I am only writing this because I feel that Kennen is a strong champion, but still remains in the background when it comes to Annie.

Not true. You can use all of your skills while in Lightning Rush, you just can't auto attack.

atimatik

08-19-2011

Quote:
Shortshrift:
This is probably more justification to nerf Annie than it is to buff Kennen.

Maybe that is so. I still feel he falls behind pretty hard considering Annie's abilities and use of Flash.

gun fu panda

08-19-2011

Kennen has a lot of range on Annie, and his ultimate and passive are much stronger in team fights due to rapid staggered stuns disrupting the fight. He also has a much higher 'combo AP ratio' than Annie.

Emilio Katrea

08-19-2011

Kennen has much more mobility than Annie.

Inphinitii

08-19-2011

Quote:
gun fu panda:
Kennen has a lot of range on Annie, and his ultimate and passive are much stronger in team fights due to rapid staggered stuns disrupting the fight. He also has a much higher 'combo AP ratio' than Annie.

Kennen may have range, but when your Q is easily disrupted by minions where as Annie's can go over minions, the fight is in Annie's favour.

You HAVE to land the Q to do any damage to her, as going up close with your lightning rush will result in your death.
Her damage needs to be seriously reduced.

The OP makes a point though. For the amount of skill required to play both champions, you'd assume the one requiring the higher amount of skill could do the higher amount of damage.

Und3rSc0re

08-19-2011

Skill shot q is able to poke alot better. But i kind of agree that skill shots should be a bit more damage than there click to win counterparts.

Verxint

08-19-2011

Annie gets one stun.

Kennen gets OVER NINE THOUSANDS.

Seriously, half of Kennen's strength isn't his damage, it's the fact that they ARE stunned. No questions asked.