[CHAMPION CONCEPT] Shiki, Yama of the Underworld

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zettai Ryouiki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

I wanted to create a champion that has a "lockdown" property, making enemy champions fear using abilities, rendering them useless in teamfights. This is a rough draft, showing only the champion mechanics, I will be bumping this to update with numbers and statistics. But I present to the League of Legends community, my champion concept of a lockdown champion, "Shiki, Yama of the Underworld"

Shiki, Yama of the Underworld

Innate - Cleansed Crystal Mirror

Every 8 Skill casts, Shiki gains a shield that blocks 1 Crowd Control effect.

After Shiki uses 8 skills, she gets a bubble similar to a Banshee, has same effect as a Banshee's

Q - Charge of Virtue

Throws a Talisman, (Skill shot) Deals damage on hit and marks target. A marked target using a skill will cause the mark to explode and deal damage.

Shiki will throw a skillshot, if it lands it will deal damage on hit and mark the target. The mark will stay for a short period of time (numbers tba) and within that period of time, if a marked target uses a skill, the mark will be comsumed, dealing additional damage to marked target. (explosion animation)

W - Guilt and Innocence (Toggle)

Guilt: Shiki gains AP and Movement speed

Innocence: Shiki gains Armor and Magic Resist

Once leveled up, the ability will start as Guilt, cast again to toggle to Innocence. Guilt will show a red aura, Innocence will show a blue aura. Each toggle will cost mana and has a short cooldown. I find this skill to have good Synergy with Shiki's passive as toggling it on and off before a fight will allow her to gain her shield

E - Wandering Sin

AoE Skill shot, after short delay, talismans emerge to damage enemies in radius, enemies damaged are slowed. (Idea from Soulharvest)

Similar to Brand's Pillar of Flame, after a short delay, all enemies in the radius are damaged, and slowed by a percentage for an amount of time

R - Divine Judgement

Guilt: Throws a Talisman (Non-Skill shot). Marks target for a period of time, if target uses a skill. Talisman will explode, bringing down divine wrath, stunning the target and dealing massive damage

Innocence: Throws a Talisman (non-skill shot). Marks target for a period of time, target gains Shiki's passive, extra armor and magic resist, and the target's next skill will deal extra damage.

I believe Guilt is self explanatory, Shiki places a Black (Guilt) Talisman on target, mark lasts for period of time, target uses skill, mark consumed. Boom, stun and damage. The Skill will still activate, but instantly after they will be stunned. Best used on Channeled Ultimates or ultimates with a charge-up e.g Kat/Nunu/Galio/Lux/Ezreal, so minimal damage is dealt to team but maximum to the target.

Innocence however, When Shiki places a Talisman, it will be White and provide the target with Shiki's passive's Shield, more armor and magic resist, and the next skill is greatly empowered. The Shield will last for one ability, the armor and magic resist will last until the mark dissipates. Using a skill as the target will consume the mark

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
Role: This champion can go 2 ways. One is an Assassin (Thank you Soulharvest):E slow, Q and R in guilt so that if they use an ability to escape, they are stunned and are dealt damage.-Soulharvest
The basic build for an assassin Shiki would be hybrid; some AS/AD/AP, (Nashor's,Guinsoo's, and Gunblade come to mind).
This build is great for ganking as coming out of the bush with the movement speed from the Guilt buff, slow from E, and Q-R to negate their escaping abilities. With the proper items (Rylai's/Frozen Hammer/Red Buff) Shiki will be able to stick to her target dealing consistent damage

The second way is an AP Nuker/Lockdown. This kind of Shiki role excels in psychological warfare, and counters AP casters. This build is great for teamfights because it basically turns it 5v5 to 5v4 in your favor. Her main skills would be Q and R as with a full AP build, those could together nuke for one hell of a hurt. If an enemy sees Guilt marks on them, obviously they would be scared to do anything, forcing themselves to sit out the fight or just apply measly auto attacks. For example using Guilt mark on their caster would render them useless, as if they used an ability, they'd instantly be stunned and focus would go onto them, whereas, if the caster waits out the mark and autoattacks....the caster used autoattacks

I believe this champion would be incredibly fun, but challenging at the same time, because if one isn't paying attention at "Guilt and Innocence" they may place an Innocence Divine Judgement mark onto an enemy, buffing him. Or even hurt their own allies by placing a Guilt mark on them

Footnote: This champion IS based off of Shikeiki Yamaxandu of the Touhou series

Zettai Ryouiki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Bump - need feedback to decide wether or not to continue

Zettai Ryouiki

08-20-2011

bump ;_;

Harvester

08-20-2011

Passive: Does this only count for your skill casts or any ability casts around you? I don't think that you should be able to "reflect" crowd control because imagine if WW used his ult on you. How would that work? If amumu used his ult, would it prevend allies from being wrapped as well, or would everyone but you get wrapped? My point is, I think that you should change it so that you have an anti-cc spell shield every 8 or so spell casts. So if you have the bubble, amumu uses his bandage toss, he would be pulled towards you, but you don't get stunned by it. Since bandage toss used up your passive, if amumu uses he ult, you would get caught. Would this count for blinds and silences as well?

Q: It says that it explodes, does it do an aoe explosion? How long would the mark last? Would you say it does a large amount of damage or a small amount? Would this have a longish or short coolodown? Would this deal magic damage or physical damage? Seems like a good concept.

W: Is it normally on Guilt when it isn't on? Does it cost mana to keep it on Innocence? Does he even use mana? This is sort of vague.

E: Compare this to another skill shot, I don't quite understand what sort of placement it is; Is it like Maokai's sapling toss in that you select an area and in this case it would explode a short time after it lands? Is it like Anivia's Flash frost, but without the damage when moving and it stops at the end for a brief time before exploding? Please describe how it works.

R: This is a really cool ability! I think that with this ability as the ult, this champion wouldn't need to wait until level 6 to choose this abiltiy. However, the description for Innocent is a little odd; does the target get the spellshield or do they gain his passive until they use 8 attacks and their shield blocks some cc? I recommend you change the wording of it to suit either. If it is the latter, then you really should change the passive to the way I described it. As for the guilt side, if the target uses a skill, would their ability be put on cooldown as if it was used, but they don't get any benefit, or would they be able to use it after the stun wars off?

Other: What role do you think this champion would play? Depending on what you make his damage ratios and depending on if you change anything, I can see him going down one of several paths.

Assassin: If you change the E so that it has a slow while traveling and it no longer has a silence at the end, only damage, and the only difference between it and aniva's ability is that this has a pause at the end before exploding, then you could effectively gank by mixing up using E, R, and Q as guilt. Example: E slow, Q and R in guilt so that if they use an ability to escape, they are stunned and are dealt damage. If this champion ends up being an assassin, I recommend you give him a melee range autoattack and give some of his abilties AD ratios so that after he stuns or slows an enemy, he can do decent damage while autoattacking.

Zettai Ryouiki

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulharvest View Post
Passive: Does this only count for your skill casts or any ability casts around you? I don't think that you should be able to "reflect" crowd control because imagine if WW used his ult on you. How would that work? If amumu used his ult, would it prevend allies from being wrapped as well, or would everyone but you get wrapped? My point is, I think that you should change it so that you have an anti-cc spell shield every 8 or so spell casts. So if you have the bubble, amumu uses his bandage toss, he would be pulled towards you, but you don't get stunned by it. Since bandage toss used up your passive, if amumu uses he ult, you would get caught. Would this count for blinds and silences as well?

Q: It says that it explodes, does it do an aoe explosion? How long would the mark last? Would you say it does a large amount of damage or a small amount? Would this have a longish or short coolodown? Would this deal magic damage or physical damage? Seems like a good concept.

W: Is it normally on Guilt when it isn't on? Does it cost mana to keep it on Innocence? Does he even use mana? This is sort of vague.

E: Compare this to another skill shot, I don't quite understand what sort of placement it is; Is it like Maokai's sapling toss in that you select an area and in this case it would explode a short time after it lands? Is it like Anivia's Flash frost, but without the damage when moving and it stops at the end for a brief time before exploding? Please describe how it works.

R: This is a really cool ability! I think that with this ability as the ult, this champion wouldn't need to wait until level 6 to choose this abiltiy. However, the description for Innocent is a little odd; does the target get the spellshield or do they gain his passive until they use 8 attacks and their shield blocks some cc? I recommend you change the wording of it to suit either. If it is the latter, then you really should change the passive to the way I described it. As for the guilt side, if the target uses a skill, would their ability be put on cooldown as if it was used, but they don't get any benefit, or would they be able to use it after the stun wars off?

Other: What role do you think this champion would play? Depending on what you make his damage ratios and depending on if you change anything, I can see him going down one of several paths.

Assassin: If you change the E so that it has a slow while traveling and it no longer has a silence at the end, only damage, and the only difference between it and aniva's ability is that this has a pause at the end before exploding, then you could effectively gank by mixing up using E, R, and Q as guilt. Example: E slow, Q and R in guilt so that if they use an ability to escape, they are stunned and are dealt damage. If this champion ends up being an assassin, I recommend you give him a melee range autoattack and give some of his abilties AD ratios so that after he stuns or slows an enemy, he can do decent damage while autoattacking.
Awesome feedback, I'll take these into account when I do the numbers and such. (ya, It was just a rough)

Edit; I don't really want Shiki to be an assasin, I want her to be the person in teamfights that "locksdown" the enemy rendering them useless. e.g just before teamfight starts. Place Q on Kat, Kat shunpos in takes dmg, Place R on Kat, Kat uses DL. gets stunned and nuked. Kat out of fight. Or place it on their tank, so their tank cant tank

Zettai Ryouiki

08-21-2011

Bump: added skill descriptions and Role description

Harvester

09-05-2011

I'm not sure if you're still planning on updating this champion, but I figured I'd provide some more feedback in case you need it or you need it to get some more views via the front page for the champion concepts forum.
Passive: Does this work like Maokai's in that it will gain stacks from all spell casts around you, or is it only your spell casts? I recommend you change the wording for this from "...has the same effect as Banshee's." so that it is clear that it Would block Mundo's cleaver since it slows, but it wouldn't block Nidalee's spear because it doesn't have any CC effect. You never really commented on my feedback for this originally...

Q: Looks fine, but I recommend you look on the LoL wiki to get an idea for cooldown and AP ratio.

W: You could make this similar to Udyr's abilties and make it so that it will give you a passive buff whenever you stay in that stance but when you first switch into a stance you get a buff which lasts for a few seconds. For example, maybe for Guilt it would give you spell vamp for your next cast within X seconds and with Innocence you gain a small shield which lasts for a few seconds. If the shield is broken, then there will be a short cooldown before you can switch the toggle again. This way its fair to have a low cooldown shield.

E: Fine. I recommend you look on that wiki to get an idea for its range, slow duration and percentage, AP ratio, and cooldown.

R: Will you be able to use the Innocence portion of it on yourself? Use it on yourself, gain an instant shield, and then you'll gain stacks for your passive while attacking an enemy. You could state that this portion of the ability will give whoever it is on two buffs, one of which is the aoe shield and the other which will empower the next abiltiy.

Still a really great champion, I hope you continue to work on it.